ImageImageImage

Philly - Denver hypothetical trade - who says no?

Moderator: THE J0KER

TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Philly - Denver hypothetical trade - who says no? 

Post#1 » by TheBallsDeeper » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:46 am

*Posted on the trade board, thought I'd post here to get the thoughts of Denver fans.*

Who says no to this trade

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ow57fwf

Tobias Harris - is seen as one of the worst contracts in the league, but gives solid service, and has improved defense.
James Harden - Everyone says he is washed. A shell of his former self, but a serviceable pass first guard.
PJ Tucker - $30m for 3 seasons!!! 4th highest paid Sixer should be out of the league, a negative asset.

Murray - Max salary guard, poor defense but was seen superstar two years ago. Coming back from injury and high volume low-efficiency guards seem to be in demand
Porter - Injury-prone, potential superstar
Gordan - Was the franchise player at the Magic, and just reaching his prime. Probably the only player in this trade that is guaranteed to outperform his contract.

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,258

Re: Philly - Denver hypothetical trade - who says no? 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:05 pm

Over value of Harris, he's an over-paid wannabee-star. Harden is on his way to HOU, so nothing there and we have defenders, Gordon being MUCH younger and better than Tucker. So you want our younger talent for your older CRAP.

Can't even see the trade and I know it's ****
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#3 » by TheBallsDeeper » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:19 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Over value of Harris, he's an over-paid wannabee-star. Harden is on his way to HOU, so nothing there and we have defenders, Gordon being MUCH younger and better than Tucker. So you want our younger talent for your older CRAP.

Just floating a hypothetical. Was thinking about the supporting cast of Jokic and Embiid.

I checked the contracts and the next three best-paid players on each team make almost identical total money - $82m Den to $81m Phil. I wondered what would happen if they switched, and if either team would be better off. ESPN trade tracker predicts Sixers would win two less games, Nuggets would win 6 more. Not sure how they work that out.

I think their supporting cast is pretty even. I'm a big fan of Murray and never liked Harden, so I'd probably take Denver's, but would really depend on Porter's health.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,258

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:04 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Over value of Harris, he's an over-paid wannabee-star. Harden is on his way to HOU, so nothing there and we have defenders, Gordon being MUCH younger and better than Tucker. So you want our younger talent for your older CRAP.

Just floating a hypothetical. Was thinking about the supporting cast of Jokic and Embiid.

I checked the contracts and the next three best-paid players on each team make almost identical total money - $82m Den to $81m Phil. I wondered what would happen if they switched, and if either team would be better off. ESPN trade tracker predicts Sixers would win two less games, Nuggets would win 6 more. Not sure how they work that out.

I think their supporting cast is pretty even. I'm a big fan of Murray and never liked Harden, so I'd probably take Denver's, but would really depend on Porter's health.

ESPN is really biased IMO, and this weighs TOO heavily towards Phillys favor, poor taste to even bring it to our forum
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:37 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:*Posted on the trade board, thought I'd post here to get the thoughts of Denver fans.*

Tobias Harris - is seen as one of the worst contracts in the league, but gives solid service, and has improved defense.
James Harden - Everyone says he is washed. A shell of his former self, but a serviceable pass first guard.
PJ Tucker - $30m for 3 seasons!!! 4th highest paid Sixer should be out of the league, a negative asset.

Murray - Max salary guard, poor defense but was seen superstar two years ago. Coming back from injury and high volume low-efficiency guards seem to be in demand
Gordan - Was the franchise player at the Magic, and just reaching his prime. Probably the only player in this trade that is guaranteed to outperform his contract.

Why would Denver even consider that? They get older, more expensive, and even you know that the 76er players are on their last legs. Not to mention bringing in a guy who takes the ball out of Jokic's hands. Long term this is an insultingly bad deal for the Nuggets.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,819

Post#6 » by TunaFish » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:43 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:*Posted on the trade board, thought I'd post here to get the thoughts of Denver fans.*

Harden is at the end of his contract and not tradable. PJ Tucker is at the end of his career. Harris is overpaid.

Murray, Porter and Gordon are under team control for at least two and maybe three seasons. Along with Jokic and KCP this lineup is under contract for a while and when all together, the starting unit is formidable. Therefore, they won't entertain trading any of the starters.

On the other hand, the bench is a problem and the veterans are headed for free agency at the end of the season same as Harden.

In other worlds, Denver has made a commitment to the starters and the bench will have to be rebuilt.

No is the answer.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:36 pm

I don't need to look at a trade machine on this one. Philly fans have been bad-mouthing Murray and Porter quite loudly for quite some time. I doubt they'd like this trade. Although they'd probably love to trade Harden & Tucker & Harris. So I don't know what to say from Philly's viewpoint.

I just don't know why Denver would be interested in any trade except a fine-tuning trade and this ain't one of those.

Gordan is the perfect fit next to Jokic and we've had a couple of good PFs next to him before. I like Harris -- but only as a backup to Gordon and with his contract, nobody can afford Harris as a backup.

Harden is better than many give him credit for, always has been. But he's not a service-able replacement for Murray. Jokic and Murray work so well together because Murray is quick and moves a lot. Harden's greatest value is standing outside, passing the ball and shooting when open. He's very good at that but that's exactly where Jokic is best so Harden seems like a poor fit next to Jokic. Plus Harden would have to not only replace Murray but he's have to replace Porter -- long-range shooter for a long-range shooter.

Tucker couldn't start in Denver and his contract is too high for the bench. I'm not even sure he could crack the playoff rotation even if Denver made this trade.

But maybe the most important aspect of this is the ages. Gordan & Porter & Murray & Jokic can play together for a long-time but Harris, Tucker, Harden would be a desperation move for a year or two. Denver's team is solid and deep. Why trade youth for role players? We already picked up a few good ones anyway.

Thanks for the suggest though. It was interesting to see what someone from back east thought about our players.

Return to Denver Nuggets