ImageImageImage

Game 4, Round 2 : Denver Nuggets #1 @ Phoenix Suns #4 (2-1)

Moderator: THE J0KER

Manolito
Senior
And1: 392

Re: Game 4, Round 2 : Denver Nuggets #1 @ Phoenix Suns #4 (2-1) 

Post#21 » by Manolito » Mon May 8, 2023 9:32 am

IMHO today's loss is on Malone. You can not waste a Jokic 53 points game. I don't understand why he has restricted the bench to 3 players. Nnaji could give 10 minutes every game, even try RJax, he has large PO experience. Now it is likely too late, but he should have started PO with 9-10 rotation players on mind. PHO is winning games thanks to Landale and Shamet, even Ross is contributing. These 3 players were out of rotation at the beginning of the series. Monty Williams moved his bench (also used Warren, Craig, Lee...) until finding the key. FO failed during the whole season finding ONE single bench player, but we will have time to discuss that during offseason.

Malone is unable to think of a game plan against Booker. He is 34/43 in last two games, 80%!!!!!!. Those are not even prime Jordan's number. Try different defenses, zone, box+1....nothing. Even most of his shots are clean

We can survive from this series and get stronger (I still think we are winning), but there are some lessons to be learnt here. If by any chance we lose, Malone must be fired.

PD: I have seen media too much focused on Ishbia's incident. Move on, that was a wrong call that cost 1 point, but nothing else. Discussing that play again does not bring anything to win the series.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,762

Re: Game 4, Round 2 : Denver Nuggets #1 @ Phoenix Suns #4 (2-1) 

Post#22 » by Jadoogar » Mon May 8, 2023 2:32 pm

I'm not sure what Nuggets can do from a strategy perspective. Maybe some harder doubles on Booker/KD and just hope Shamet doesn't shoot 5/8 from three again?

There's not much you can do when Booker and KD are shooting the way they are right now. Booker shooting 79% over the last 2 games, like LOL wtf is that? It's just a "tip your hat" situation.

Role players tend to play better at home so you'll have to pray that MPJ and Gordon play better returning home.

Also Jokic was incredible, shame they lost but it was really amazing to watch.

Return to Denver Nuggets