ImageImageImage

Game 3, 2023-FINAL : Denver Nuggets WC#1 @ Miami Heat EC#8 (1-1)

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Game 3, 2023-FINAL : Denver Nuggets WC#1 @ Miami Heat EC#8 (1-1) 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jun 5, 2023 7:53 pm

Let's go Nuggets!
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Re: Game 3, 2023-FINAL : Denver Nuggets WC#1 @ Miami Heat EC#8 (1-1) 

Post#2 » by SA37 » Wed Jun 7, 2023 10:00 pm

Good luck!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,973

Post#3 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 7, 2023 11:48 pm

I know the GT here don't get much traffic, but it's game 3 of the NBA FINALS!!!! May the best team win!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jun 8, 2023 12:05 am

DayofMourning wrote:I know the GT here don't get much traffic, but it's game 3 of the NBA FINALS!!!! May the best team win!
I doubt Miami fans really want the better team to win this series :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Miami wins the 2023 ring the reason will not be related to quality for sure, but to their fighting spirit, devotion, and a better coach.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,973

Post#5 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jun 8, 2023 12:07 am

THE J0KER wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:I know the GT here don't get much traffic, but it's game 3 of the NBA FINALS!!!! May the best team win!
I doubt Miami fans really want the better team to win this series :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Miami wins the 2023 ring the reason will not be related to quality for sure, but to their fighting spirit, devotion, and a better coach.

I hear ya. 8-)

We've beaten all the more talented teams we've faced so far. Let's hope we can beat one more!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jun 8, 2023 1:45 am

When defense works well even the Jokic-Murray duo alone is enough for some lead, but I would like to see more of our players involved, especially MPJ. Denver is great in 3rd quarter this season after the all-star break, so another big 3rd quarter would be great... I don't want to see the close game in the final quarter where the Heat is scary good this playoff.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#7 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:22 am

Around +15 at the end of the 3rd is what we need for the comfort zone and routine win. But opening 5 minutes of the 4th was disastrous in both first games. I hope Malone learned his lesson.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#8 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:42 am

Malone finds a solution: no rest for Joker and Murray in 2nd half, so we even 20+ lead at one point :lol:

When Jokic and Murray have some historic numbers, rookie Braun's every point, and good defense is pure gold.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#9 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jun 8, 2023 3:16 am

What a drama until the very end finished with a happy end just 4 seconds before the end... will Murray make history with the 10th rebound for a historic two teammates 30pt triple-doubles in basketball history... and he did it!

Malone used the "nuclear option" today with Jokic and Murray played 45 minutes in a no-OT game and no rest in the 2nd half, so we have the first-ever 30+20+10+ triple-double in NBA finals by Joker and first-ever teammates with 30+ TDs in basketball history by Jokic and Murray! This epic performance would be a decided win if we had not collapsed the previous game with a 2-15 start in the 4th quarter.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,899

Post#10 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jun 8, 2023 4:34 am

GG Y'all!

Your squad showed they are as tough as advertised!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,346

Post#11 » by DaFan334 » Thu Jun 8, 2023 6:24 am

Great games from Nikola, Jamal, AG, and Christian.

Hoping MPJ and KCP can find their groove at some point this series. Mike's effort has been good, if he can just find his shot, I think the Heat are in for a lot of trouble. I have to wonder if the Heat are doing something, in particular, to take those two out of the game. I think the zone may have limited both to not driving to the rim and mainly taking 3s. I wonder if Christian Braun kind of figured something out to share with them going into game 4, because he has been really the only wing to slash through this hybrid zone.

Absolutely awesome to see Monte Morris after the game with the guys. He is still clearly close and a large part of the culture that the team has built over the years. I would love to see him somehow return in the future.
Maf
Starter
And1: 875

Post#12 » by Maf » Thu Jun 8, 2023 1:03 pm

I don´t know if I ever want to see Nuggets in NBA Finals again. My heart was beating so hard I expected to have a heart attack. :D

Everything was written. Braun awesome. Watching Monte coming to cheer for his guys too.

Also, as much I hate to listen JFG and Jackson I was laughing my ass off from their conversation. "We didn´t use to have three point shot." "And we used to have only two announcers." :D

Go Nuggets.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#13 » by Jadoogar » Thu Jun 8, 2023 3:15 pm

Jokic is just unstoppable, especially this heat team. Bam is a great defender but he's a quite a bit smaller than Jokic. If the Heat switch, oh boy it's an auto bucket for him. I know Heat want to "turn him into a scorer", he's scoring so efficiently that it's not a good strategy. Especially if Murray continues to play like this.

Heat need to shoot insane well to even have a chance. Even when they shot 48% in game 2, Nuggets could have won that game if they played slightly better defense or MPJ didn't poop the bed.

I think Nuggets are in a great position (fingers crossed)
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#14 » by SA37 » Thu Jun 8, 2023 3:21 pm

Jadoogar wrote:Jokic is just unstoppable, especially this heat team. Bam is a great defender but he's a quite a bit smaller than Jokic. If the Heat switch, oh boy it's an auto bucket for him. I know Heat want to "turn him into a scorer", he's scoring so efficiently that it's not a good strategy. Especially if Murray continues to play like this.

Heat need to shoot insane well to even have a chance. Even when they shot 48% in game 2, Nuggets could have won that game if they played slightly better defense or MPJ didn't poop the bed.

If both Murray and Jokic have big games, Miami is almost guaranteed to lose. One thing is to have Jokic score 40-50 and keep everyone else in check. It's quite another to have Jokic + 1 more with 30+.

The Nuggets got an unexpected 15 from Braun, which incidentally was the difference in the final score.

Everyone's been talking about Miami's run and that has overshadowed Denver's incredible run, destroying the Suns and the Lakers.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,273

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:59 pm

SA37 wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:Jokic is just unstoppable, especially this heat team. Bam is a great defender but he's a quite a bit smaller than Jokic. If the Heat switch, oh boy it's an auto bucket for him. I know Heat want to "turn him into a scorer", he's scoring so efficiently that it's not a good strategy. Especially if Murray continues to play like this.

If both Murray and Jokic have big games, Miami is almost guaranteed to lose. One thing is to have Jokic score 40-50 and keep everyone else in check. It's quite another to have Jokic + 1 more with 30+.

The Nuggets got an unexpected 15 from Braun, which incidentally was the difference in the final score.

Everyone's been talking about Miami's run and that has overshadowed Denver's incredible run, destroying the Suns and the Lakers.

Miama's run was far from epic, they beat Milwaukee W/O Giannis for 2 1/2 games, then they beat the Knicks (who can't do that) and BOS you squandered a 3-0 lead and barely won....Denver has only lost 3 games, 1 to MINN by an off the glass 3pter (lucky to say the least), then the Suns two stars went nuclear (give them credit but it was unsustainable) and to close it out we SWEPT the Lakers,...THAT is IMPRESSIVE.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#16 » by Jadoogar » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:49 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
SA37 wrote:

Miama's run was far from epic, they beat Milwaukee W/O Giannis for 2 1/2 games, then they beat the Knoc (who can do that) and BOS you squandered a 3-0 lead and barely won....Denver only lost 43 game, 1 to MINN by an off the glass 3pter (lucky to say the least), then the Suns two stars went nuclear (give them credit but it was unsustainable) and to close it out we SWEPT the Lakers,...THAT is IMPRESSIVE.

lol you can call the nuggets run impressive without dumping on the Heat run. Say what you will about the opponent but winning three straight series on the road is damn impressive.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,273

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
SA37 wrote:

Miama's run was far from epic, they beat Milwaukee W/O Giannis for 2 1/2 games, then they beat the Knicks (who can't do that) and BOS you squandered a 3-0 lead and barely won....Denver only lost 4 games, 1 to MINN by an off the glass 3pter (lucky to say the least), then the Suns two stars went nuclear (give them credit but it was unsustainable) and to close it out we SWEPT the Lakers,...THAT is IMPRESSIVE.

lol you can call the nuggets run impressive without dumping on the Heat run. Say what you will about the opponent but winning three straight series on the road is damn impressive.

There's a time and a place to brag about your team, in an opponent's team forum isn't that time or place IMO. And nothing I said wasn't the truth, so how can that be considered "dumping" on them, just bringing light to the subject.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets