ImageImageImage

analysis of denver's defense

Moderator: THE J0KER

airchibundo507
Pro Prospect
And1: 106

Post#21 » by airchibundo507 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:34 pm

edit: you mean they don't play that good defensively every night.... ? that's true, but last night the whole game defense was consistent.

yeah...that's what I meant.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#22 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:51 pm

but our offense is inconsistent...and last night is proof of that.

Fixed. And that is this team's biggest problem.
oaf549
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#23 » by oaf549 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:02 pm

I think our defense is great in a lot of areas but it also has some holes. For example we're third to last in the NBA in number of threes we give up(almost 8 a game->Three point shooting stats)

This is what kills us. We're not exactly the greatest three point shooting team but yet we still think it's ok to let the other team bombard us from downtown. This is my biggest gripe about our defense. Guard the perimeter!
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#24 » by pickaxe » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:29 pm

oaf549 wrote:I think our defense is great in a lot of areas but it also has some holes. For example we're third to last in the NBA in number of threes we give up(almost 8 a game->Three point shooting stats)

This is what kills us. We're not exactly the greatest three point shooting team but yet we still think it's ok to let the other team bombard us from downtown. This is my biggest gripe about our defense. Guard the perimeter!

Yes, as far back as the 2nd GS game there was a huge hole. So far, as of the Spurs game, that perimeter hole was sealed by Kenyon - at least when it mattered. Many other 3 point shots were altered. Look at Bonner's stats. He alone could have killed us beyond the arc.
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 31

Post#25 » by denvers_finest » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:41 pm

oaf549 wrote:I think our defense is great in a lot of areas but it also has some holes. For example we're third to last in the NBA in number of threes we give up(almost 8 a game->Three point shooting stats)

I don't have the numbers, but I bet we don't look as bad in that aspect if the numbers are adjusted for pace.

Because we play the fastest pace in the league, other teams have more posessions against us then say the Spurs. On a per 100 posessions, we probably aren't great, but I think we would be closer to the middle of the pack.

I agree it is an area of our defense that needs work, but I don't think its quite as bad as the stats you posted make it out to be.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#26 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:55 am

denvers_finest wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't have the numbers, but I bet we don't look as bad in that aspect if the numbers are adjusted for pace.

Because we play the fastest pace in the league, other teams have more posessions against us then say the Spurs. On a per 100 posessions, we probably aren't great, but I think we would be closer to the middle of the pack.

I agree it is an area of our defense that needs work, but I don't think its quite as bad as the stats you posted make it out to be.

Yeah, gotta take pace in to consideration. The better stat to look at is the percent the other team hits on, which is at 14th worst. So that's while not great, about average.

Return to Denver Nuggets