ImageImageImage

Philadelphia @ Denver

Moderator: THE J0KER

Neel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#81 » by Neel » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:49 am

Powder Blue wrote:Yo Nutty

Don't forget about the bulls that traded him to us for next to nothing. JR makes bad decisions. He is a larger risk than reward out on that floor. His erratic play won't get us out of the first round.

I get the feeling that given consistent playing time, his play will follow suit and be more consistent.

JR is still a kid; being in the doghouse, he becomes over-eager to prove himself and puts up dumb ****, pushing him further back into the doghouse. If the organization (and by organization, I mean Karl) got behind him and gave him consistent minutes, I think he'd mature and develop a lot better. (Remember how good he was before the AI trade?)

Also, Chucky is playing terribly. Just give his minutes to JR; it couldn't get any worse. At least JR is capable of playing D.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,929

Post#82 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:09 am

Yeah, what Neel said.

Can't expect a kid to play great without getting minutes. Look at AI, he still makes mistakes. GK is just a big fat bully so is taking everything out on JR, despite JR showing improvement this year and coming to practice on time.

And Neel makes a great point of him trying to press. He has this douche bag of a coach, so knows he has to play great, so tries to hard at times.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#83 » by Powder Blue » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:21 am

it was a good win tonight, hopefully we can get one tomorrow too. I'll continue the JR argument in the other thread
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#84 » by pickaxe » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:43 am

I don't care what JR's decisions on the court are.....or what kind of player he is. The Nuggets can always use more role players that can hit the 3, and JR can do that. I don't know why we can't use him for that rather than benching and nothing. Otherwise trade him for Coby Karl.

At least JR could get into some sort of rhythm or have something to work hard on.....

Karl doesn't have enough control over his players, that he can't ask JR to just spot up for 3? With Nene, K_Mart, Camby, Melo you'd think there'd be enough d to cover JR's mistakes until he gets it.

Karl just isn't giving JR anything to work with.....

Look at Kleiza.....he's getting all the minutes now and he actually has a chance to have a game like the one vs. Minnesota despite his play vs. the Spurs. I'd agree Kleiza doesn't exactly make the smartest decisions all the time....still he should get minutes and so should JR.

I'm guessing Karl feels he would possibly 'throw the game away' by inserting JR, so he just doesn't go there.

When the playoffs come and everyone's tired.....who do we blame? Karl. He's got to figure out some rotation.

I want to see Chucky start hitting shots....but maybe he should get 1-2 minutes at the end of the 1st and if he keeps missing take him out and play JR at the start of the second for 1-2 minutes and if he messes up, oh well.

Then play the main guys all you want.
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#85 » by djtruebeliever » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:13 am

god I hate george karl. good win by the Nugs. philly seemed motivated for most of the game, seemed like their spirits got broken by midway through the 4th.
I'm in Kokokiko!
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#86 » by DaFan334 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:34 am

and still no JR...
Jack Bang CO
Sophomore

Post#87 » by Jack Bang CO » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:47 pm

Had I known Carter was going to turn into John freaking Stockton I would have been a little more excited about his signing.

:clap:
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#88 » by pickaxe » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:50 pm

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... trade.html

"Six shots

Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks placed Rodney Carney on the inactive list last night, replacing him with Louis Amundson. "We have a lot of wing guys," Cheeks said. "I wanted another big man." "

Return to Denver Nuggets