PHI / DEN Trade Idea

Moderator: THE J0KER

pistons
Senior
And1: 16

PHI / DEN Trade Idea 

Post#1 » by pistons » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:39 pm

How about a JR Smith + Eduardo Najera + Trade Exception deal
for Andre Miller . . . . I'm not sure how big the TE you guys have is but the deal works if you add in Diawara and Wafer anyway . So now the Nugs would roll like this :

C - Camby / Hunter
PF - Nene / Martin
SF - Melo / Kleiza / ( Diawara )
SG - AI / Atkins ( Wafer )
PG - Miller / Carter
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#2 » by corona » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:42 pm

you can't package Trade Exceptions with players.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#3 » by Teens On Acid » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:48 pm

how about atkins and eddie instead
L-Burna89
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by L-Burna89 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:47 pm

The only reason why Philly would even consider something like this(which I doubt they even would), is because they'd be getting all expiring contracts. Adding Chucky in place of Eddie kind of defeats that purpose, don't ya think?

Who knows if we'd even do it though(assuming it was Eddie/JR/Wafer, because the TE can't be traded with players like corona said)......since our FO would probably be too pussy to take on that kind of salary in exchange for expirings(although Dre's deal is only 2 years and everyone loves him).

Then again, even if Philly would be willing to do something like that....I still doubt that they would, only because it'd then be like they traded Iverson for Najera, JR, Wafer, and Jason Smith(since Joe Smith left and Derrick Byars was cut before the season).
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#5 » by Teens On Acid » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:52 pm

Atikins AND Eddie...not atkins INSTEAD of Eddie

i don't want JR to go...

the deal would never go down, so i don't even think about expiring contracts ... all i was talking about was player preference
L-Burna89
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by L-Burna89 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:06 pm

KidNine wrote:Atikins AND Eddie...not atkins INSTEAD of Eddie

So.....the same thing applies...
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#7 » by RRFB » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:55 pm

I'd still consider something like Kleiza, Najera and Atkins for Dre. Though I probably wouldn't do it until Hunter is healthy, and JR is actually getting some consistent minutes.

I posted something similar on the trade board about a month or so back.

EDIT:
Here..
http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=14905208
34Charles
Junior
And1: 7

Post#8 » by 34Charles » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:15 am

What about Andre Miller in a deal for Nene..........Nuggets get back their point guard and the Sixers get a rugged power forward to play along side Dalembert.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#9 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:43 am

34Charles wrote:What about Andre Miller in a deal for Nene..........Nuggets get back their point guard and the Sixers get a rugged power forward to play along side Dalembert.

Coming from a Sixers fan, HELL no. I live in Denver and have watched Nene play. He is more stupid than Dalembert and is always overweight or injured. No way. He can't even finish half of his dunks. Maybe in a 3 way deal, but I wouldn't want Nene within 1000 feet of the sixers.
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#10 » by milehigh » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:45 am

sixers238 wrote:Coming from a Sixers fan, HELL no. I live in Denver and have watched Nene play. He is more stupid than Dalembert and is always overweight or injured. No way. He can't even finish half of his dunks. Maybe in a 3 way deal, but I wouldn't want Nene within 1000 feet of the sixers.

That's good because he isn't going anywhere.
manchambo
Starter
And1: 836

Post#11 » by manchambo » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:30 pm

Such a trade would depend entirely on Pil. concluding that Miller isn't part of their long term plan. I have no idea if they're thinking that way, but it wouldn't surprise me very much.

I also noticed that Cassell has been complaining a little bit lately. He would be a nice pick up too. I would go for a trade for either Cassell or Miller involving Najera (cap relief) and other spare parts.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#12 » by pickaxe » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:13 pm

Getting Cassell over here would reinvigorate his game - plus he was an important part of the Clippers team that beat the Nuggets couple years ago. He probably knows the strengths and weaknesses pretty well along with his relationship with GK. He's old, but his basketball iq would be much appreciated here.

Return to Denver Nuggets