ImageImageImage

Attn: Karl haters

Moderator: THE J0KER

Nuggetsfanduh98
Starter
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Nuggetsfanduh98 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:19 am

djtruebeliever wrote:I would be all for either Larry Brown or Adrian Dantley, though not mid-way through the season.

AD I'm for but....Brown All I have to say is when he coached the olympics him and Melo did not get along, plus GK and LB are like good Friends...
SJustice1621
Junior

Post#22 » by SJustice1621 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:12 am

LB IS A GREAT DEFENSIVE COACH, but a TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE COACH. I believe AI would SURVIVE in his SYSTEM (Offensively) BUT MELO WOULD BE TERRIBLE. (Offensively)

Trust me not a good IDEA!
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#23 » by pickaxe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:19 pm

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No. Teams shorten up their bench in the playoffs. Teams rarely go more than 8 deep.

Right, but:

1) Those 8 are going to want as much rest as is possible for the playoffs. Not too much, but just enough.

2) You want to find out who the best combinations are, and find out who the best 8 are going to be. If you just wear 8 guys out and decide they're the best, you'll never know if, given substantial minutes, any of those bench guys would contribute more than the 8. Or maybe one bench guy works better with the other 7.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#24 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:59 am

Although I am not a Karl hater, I am sure certain people are lumping me into this, so here is exactly what I think on Karl.

Good:

Karl gets the team to play together without many of the potential problems you could see from having the immense talent on this team.

Although he rarely shows it anymore, when Karl gets fired up he knows how to motivate players and get them to give their extra effort.

While leaving the perimeter open, he has improved the defense much more then I thought possible.

When he took the time to design an offense prior to the AI trade it worked well.

Bad:

Karl always uses his players as scapegoats when things go bad, when they go good he is willing to take some of the credit though, he cannot have it both ways.

Karl still treats young talent like crap, and having only developed two players in the last 20 years, you would think he would try something different in his approach, but it is the same **** every time.

He has admitted several times that he does not like to give roles to players, that they need to find their own roles, which is fine, but then you cannot bitch that they do not fit the roles you want them too.

After all these years he still does not believe in three point shots, unfortunately with the zone defenses in the NBA now, you have to be able to hit those shots with consistency. Which means you need to develop three point shooters if the only ones you have are young and inexperienced.

Karl loves small guards, and is willing to let them do as they please on offense, which goes against everything he holds many of the other players too.

My biggest problem is with his attitude, which seems to permeate the whole team and front office, so I do not know whether it is all his fault, but this ego that the team has is outrageous. It is almost like they truly believe they are better then most of the other teams out there, and so they halfass it on nights when we play those teams. Watch a game when the Nuggets get out to a 10-15 point lead in the 1st, after that they coast and hope the other team just folds, if not they may really try in the 4th quarter but not in between the 1st and 4th at all.

Overall I think Karl is an average coach at most of the game, and below average when it comes to dealing with young players.

At this point in the season however I do not think you can replace him, instead give him until the end of this season, if it does not improve you can bring in Alex English (homer choice), Adrian Dantley, Kurt Rambis, or even someone else with a fresh voice and fire who can help push this team, but if this team does not improve and actually go somewhere this year, then the coach is where I would make the 2nd change, and I think most know where I would make my 1st one.
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 31

Post#25 » by denvers_finest » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 pm

The Rebel wrote:and I think most know where I would make my 1st one.

:dontknow: Trade Melo?

Seriously though, I think thats a very accurate assesment of Karl. He certainly has his flaws, but its like the old adage, be careful what you wish for. For all of Karl's faults, he is still better than alot of the alternatives out there.
Varsity878
Freshman

Post#26 » by Varsity878 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:58 pm

He is better than most alternatives left. However this is precisely why people don't like George Karl.

Via Yahoo

When asked if Smith might be given a spot at backing up Anthony Carter at PG, head coach George Karl said, "That would be a lot of fun, putting your worst turnover-per-minute man at point guard," the Denver Post reports.

Granted that may be true but, was that really necessary? A simple No, Smith won't be starting would have sufficed. And this is exactly why young players have a hard time playing for Karl.

Return to Denver Nuggets