Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,869

Rumor on the NY Board 

Post#1 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Zach Randolph & Randolph Morris to Denver

Nene & Atkins to NY.

There's been talk about Zach to Denver for a while and I think for Nene is the most likely scenario. Zach might be the perfect guy to put next to Camby. Knicks fans are not thrilled with this trade for the most part.
No ears were harmed. Carry on with your Sunday afternoon
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#2 » by Dantares » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:05 pm

I thought the Knicks would try to get shorter contracts to make cap space for all the good free agents in 2010, Nene's contracts runs past that.
JRmakes_it_rain
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by JRmakes_it_rain » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 pm

No thanks....I'm good on Zach....I don't think our bigs are the problem. We need a pg, or even another shooter.
CanNugget
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by CanNugget » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:27 pm

I pray this doesnt go through
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#5 » by djtruebeliever » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:29 pm

that trade does not help the Nuggets. randolph is a proven loser.
I'm in Kokokiko!
Maf
Starter
And1: 882

Post#6 » by Maf » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:29 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: on this rumour.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
UNLVNugsFan
Rookie

Post#7 » by UNLVNugsFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Subtraction by addition.

Not well played, front office.
24K_Gold
Junior

Post#8 » by 24K_Gold » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm

not no....but hell naw to this trade!I'll reconsider if they throw in a 1st!
trust me...i know what the hell i'm talking about!
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#9 » by truth serum » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Heh, you guys are funny. Most of us on the Knick board are hoping this doesn't happen either. Nene may never even play again....and his contract is uglier than Zach's considering it runs through 2012. Not to mention, whether you guys dislike him or not, Zach is a better player than Nene is. I think him and Camby would actually make a pretty nice frontcourt duo. Hopefully Zeke doesn't screw us again.
Nuggetsfanduh98
Starter

Post#10 » by Nuggetsfanduh98 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:16 pm

At The Mecca wrote:Heh, you guys are funny. Most of us on the Knick board are hoping this doesn't happen either. Nene may never even play again....and his contract is uglier than Zach's considering it runs through 2012. Not to mention, whether you guys dislike him or not, Zach is a better player than Nene is. I think him and Camby would actually make a pretty nice frontcourt duo. Hopefully Zeke doesn't screw us again.

LOSER!
JRMelo15
Rookie

Post#11 » by JRMelo15 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 pm

If its possible to switch Lee with Z-Bo, I'd do it :P
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#12 » by corona » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

at least ZBo attempts to play.

though i will say i do not want 4 microfractured knees on one team.
or zach randolph in general.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#13 » by truth serum » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Nuggetsfanduh98 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOSER!

Okay, what has Nene ever won? You guys had a decent playoff run last year, but not because of Nene. I'm not the biggest Z-Bo fan, only because he doesn't fit on our team AT ALL.....just like most of the players Zeke has brought here. But I gotta defend Z-Bo's game a little bit. He was on some terrible Portland teams and now this debacle of a Knicks team. Hard to be a winner in situations like those.

The guy can flat out play though. He can score from anywhere, he's a beast on the boards, and when he wants to be, he's actually a pretty good passer. Isiah is just too dumb of a coach to incorporate him properly into our "offense". It's either Zach 1 on 1, Jamal 1 on 1, or Eddy 1 on 1. Until he puts our young guys in the game when it's too late....then we decide to play some team ball. (maybe he's tanking :pray: )

That's the problem with the Knicks though....just playing on this team has killed everyone's trade value. But all that being said...the fact that Zach is a pretty productive player in this league is the reason why I'd throw up on myself if this trade went down. Getting rid of Zach's contract isn't worth taking on a worse contract for a player who's far less valuable and often injured.

I'm guessing you guys wouldn't consider-

Najera, Hunter, Atkins

for

Zach Randolph and Randolph Morris (or Mardy Collins)

????

That's about the only trade I would do that wouldn't be taking away valuable pieces from you.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,712

Post#14 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 am

Okay, what has Nene ever won? You guys had a decent playoff run last year, but not because of Nene.

Nene's post play on defense was huge. On offense it was good too, though AI didn't get him the ball enough.
Isiah is just too dumb of a coach to incorporate him properly into our "offense". It's either Zach 1 on 1, Jamal 1 on 1, or Eddy 1 on 1.

You don't watch Nugget games do you? Karl is no better. Sounds like Isiah is running the same offense.
UNLVNugsFan
Rookie

Post#15 » by UNLVNugsFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:40 am

I don't think many nuggets fans would be against this trade because of a talent issue, Randolph has proven he can put up good #'s in this league, and probably will continue to put up decent #'s in this league. Talent is not the issue here.

The issue is about locker room cohesion, and team chemistry. Nene seems be a locker room favorite, and if healthy, is a very nice fit in our rotation. Randolph on the other hand, appears to be a cancer in the locker room, someone who could severely affect team morale. This is especially dangerous when Iverson can opt out and leave after this season, if he doesn't like our situation. Randolph also has a tendency to get irritated if he is not a major option in the offense, which at best, he would be our 3rd option.

We already have some "interesting" personalities on this team, but guess what? They seem to get along fine at the moment. There is no reason to throw in a cancer like Randolph to mess up that cohesion, especially when our front-court is not our major issue that needs to be addressed.

Thus why I said earlier : Subtraction, by addition.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and any trade with Mardy Collins should not even be discussed. Maybe you have forgotten, but he has some negative history with our team.
Princerod
Senior

Post#16 » by Princerod » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 am

I just don't see why, really.
Ready for Victory
truth serum
Banned User

Post#17 » by truth serum » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:48 am

UNLVNugsFan wrote:I don't think many nuggets fans would be against this trade because of a talent issue, Randolph has proven he can put up good #'s in this league, and probably will continue to put up decent #'s in this league. Talent is not the issue here.

The issue is about locker room cohesion, and team chemistry. Nene seems be a locker room favorite, and if healthy, is a very nice fit in our rotation. Randolph on the other hand, appears to be a cancer in the locker room, someone who could severely affect team morale. This is especially dangerous when Iverson can opt out and leave after this season, if he doesn't like our situation. Randolph also has a tendency to get irritated if he is not a major option in the offense, which at best, he would be our 3rd option.

We already have some "interesting" personalities on this team, but guess what? They seem to get along fine at the moment. There is no reason to throw in a cancer like Randolph to mess up that cohesion, especially when our front-court is not our major issue that needs to be addressed.

Thus why I said earlier : Subtraction, by addition.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and any trade with Mardy Collins should not even be discussed. Maybe you have forgotten, but he has some negative history with our team.

:bowdown: Good post. No rebuttles.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#18 » by pickaxe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:03 am

No thank you. Blazers with Randolph = bad. Kincks with Randolph = worse? Nuggets with Randolph = taking bad to a new level.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by big123 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:08 am

Randolph is a good player and can do some things, but I've watched alot of Knicks games this year and that guy is flat out lazy on defense. The Nuggets don't need that.
JapanAir21
Junior

Post#20 » by JapanAir21 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:34 am

New York Post -
According to Marc Berman of the New York Post, the Knicks and Nuggets may be discussing a multi player deal involving Zach Randolph.

According to the report, the players discussed in a potential deal included Linas Kleiza, Eduardo Najera, Steven Hunter and J.R. Smith for Randolph and another Knick.

That's from RealGM's front page.

Why is this even a rumor, it makes no sense for the Nuggets, a huge logjam of big men. UNLESS they have another deal up their sleeve.

Return to Denver Nuggets