the trade deadline

Moderator: THE J0KER

djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
And1: 0
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

the trade deadline 

Post#1 » by djtruebeliever » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 pm

there is very little time left until the trade deadline, and it looks as if the Nuggets might just stand pat. I hope that this is the case, rather than some last second situation where the Nuggets' FO over compromises and gives up too much for Artest, miller or especially randolph. I really hope Nene comes back before the end of the season and the Nuggets can make a run in the playoffs with a more experienced version of last year's team.
I'm in Kokokiko!
eathy
Sixth Man

Post#2 » by eathy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 pm

i hope the hoopsworld trade suggestion falls through, where we get Artest and Mike Miller, but obviously not for a deal that will murder us.

i dont think we can with this current team. cmon... anthony carter as a starting player?? in other teams he'd probably get cut.
Melo'sAnswer
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Melo'sAnswer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:31 pm

I dont know how the time remianing til the deadline somehow means that it looks like the Nuggets are going to stand pat. I thought it was well stated that the Nuggets would wait until the All-Star Break to make any trade. AS break just started today so to me it means today is the first possible day a deal could get done. Now if it comes Tuesday and nothing happened yet then I would agree.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by big123 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:52 pm

No trades can be completed until Monday. I think the rumors will still transpire, but no deals will be done until Monday.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by el loco » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:49 am

I think all of these rumors concerning the nuggets are because the team is seeking a trade, but right now they are checking out the market to see what it would take to get such and such player, and then they will go after the deal that they think is the best financially and for the team.

Not making a deal wouldn't bother me much either. This team has actually picked it up a bit over the last stretch of games, but dang would I love to see us get some more size in the backcourt.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by big123 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:56 am

el loco wrote:I think all of these rumors concerning the nuggets are because the team is seeking a trade, but right now they are checking out the market to see what it would take to get such and such player, and then they will go after the deal that they think is the best financially and for the team.

Not making a deal wouldn't bother me much either. This team has actually picked it up a bit over the last stretch of games, but dang would I love to see us get some more size in the backcourt.

Yeah. Nobody on the Nuggs, except maybe Nene, is a match for Howard, Yao, Bynum, Shaq or Duncan. It shows bigtime against the Lakers and the last game against Orlando.
sportsmikegm23
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by sportsmikegm23 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:42 am

big123 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah. Nobody on the Nuggs, except maybe Nene, is a match for Howard, Yao, Bynum, Shaq or Duncan. It shows bigtime against the Lakers and the last game against Orlando.

Not many in the league can match up with Howard and Shaq. Bynum is getting to be in that class, but the Nuggs do ok with Duncan...it would help if Nene can get back, but he needs to get himself totally healthy 1st. You really have to double team any of these men to slow them down.

More than anything I think the Nuggets need to trade for a back up big man... insurance for Nene... and a PG that can help AC not have to play 30 plus minutes.

Delonte West, Jarrett Jack, or Smush Parker as 10 to 15 minute pg with AC to split time.

K Thomas, J Foster, or N Mohammed to help bang in the post come playoff time?
Princerod
Senior

Post#8 » by Princerod » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:34 pm

This team is actually far from being perfect, OK. But I like guys on this team: Camby, Anthony, AI, Martin, Nene. Not really srubs.

I'd like Miller or Artest, not Randolph. But, to be clear, saying this team desesperetly needs a move is just ridiculous. A good deal, yes, a bad one, no.

To me, the key is having an healthy team, and of course a nearly 100% Nene when it comes to Playoffs time.
Ready for Victory
M.Balla
Senior

Post#9 » by M.Balla » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:43 pm

sportsmikegm23 wrote:Delonte West, Jarrett Jack, or Smush Parker

100x times worse than Randolph
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#10 » by pickaxe » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:54 pm

I think what they have in mind in principal is right.

We could use a point guard with either defense or ability to hit the three easily, or with just decent handling and size.

We could use just a sharp shooter or / a perimeter defender.

Some of the names that have come up fit those descriptions.....the real test here is finding the actual deal that will leave the right pieces in tact after the trade.
sportsmikegm23
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by sportsmikegm23 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:57 am

M.Balla wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

100x times worse than Randolph

Nobody on this planet is 100x worse than Randolph. NOBODY not even you or me. At least Smush can play some defense....Randolph has no clue what the word defense means. People complain about AI or Melo passing more or their defense... if the Nuggets get this clown...Melo and AI might never see a shot again and you could call AI and Melo defensive stopper compared to Randolph. Zack gets in the arena and he's jacking up shots.

Delonte West, Jarrett Jack, and Smush are point guard... Randolph is a PF/C... a PG the Nuggets only need for about 10 to 15 minutes a game so AC doesn't have to log big minutes.
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#12 » by djtruebeliever » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:01 am

sportsmikegm23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Nobody on this planet is 100x worse than Randolph. NOBODY not even you or me.

I know a guy. he was on my high school team. it was a freaking miracle if he tied his shoes right the first time.
I'm in Kokokiko!
MELO4MVP
Banned User

Post#13 » by MELO4MVP » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:45 am

only on this board can a team WANT to get Smush Parker, arguably the worst point guard in the league.

But, MELO4MVP doesn't know anything...
eathy
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by eathy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:47 am

Are u dam serious??

Parker is a horrible player. He's worst than larry hughes
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#15 » by pickaxe » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:59 pm

they have to take this trade deadline seriously.....any move that would make this team worse, or worse off for a trade in the future - we might as well just wait until next season and roll the dice with the current crew

I mean, Nene is going to be back. Patience might be the best move.......despite all the **** that has gone down.

they can make a smaller move and have it be just as effective.....the question is...who......Delonte.....all right

what about even smaller (not in players size, but contract)....Bobby Jones seemed to have a great effect on the team on he was a very small contract....so, how many other small contracts are out there that can be a catalyst on this team.....

Return to Denver Nuggets