berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

Problem solved 

Post#1 » by berserker » Mon Dec 7, 2009 1:23 am

Two trades that would be huge for us, although unlikely, IMO:

Anthony Carter for Ian Mahinmi

Renaldo Balkman/2nd for Jerryd Bayless

Carter is a good pickup for the Spurs, who could use a solid VETERAN backup PG. With Lawson playing well, he is expendable - and although I think the Spurs would be reluctant, parting with Mahinmi with their bench depth to get a better backup PG may be in their best interest.

Have NO clue as to whether or not Portland would give up Bayless for Renaldo and a 2nd, but I know they need a backup SF. They have two good point guards already between Andre Miller and Steve Blake.

Chauncey/AA/Melo/Kenyon/Nene
Ty/JR/Graham/Mahinmi/Anderson
Bayless/Petro/Allen
J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Problem solved 

Post#2 » by J Smitty » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:58 am

Neither are plausible. But even if they were, I fail to see how those two guys solve anything. They wouldn't even be in the rotation.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#3 » by corona » Mon Dec 7, 2009 4:32 am

yea. i didn't realize those guys existed until today.

i'm all for getting AC off the roster. but it looks like karl has seen the light in re ty lawson, and ac won't be getting much action. so trading him may be unnecessary.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#4 » by The Rebel » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:04 pm

I actually would not mind keepiing Carter as our 3rd pg as long as Karl keeps playing Lawson all the backup minutes. You are not going to find many 3rd pgs that are as good as Carter.

I would also rather keep Balkman as I would prefer to keep an experienced 3rd pg as opposed to a guy that has struggled to get off the bench for a team that felt it was neccasary to sign another pg last summer.
nathkost
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by nathkost » Wed Dec 9, 2009 2:23 pm

Anthony Carter and Malik Allen, maybe a draft pick for Brandon Bass
nathkost
Ballboy

Post#6 » by nathkost » Wed Dec 9, 2009 2:26 pm

Kenyon Martin, and Anthony Carter for Brandon Bass, and Marcin Gortat

Then Renaldo Balkman to the Nets for Jarvis Hayes (or to the Hornets for Morris Peterson)
aniloman
Junior

Post#7 » by aniloman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Losing Kenyon would be a big blow to the Nuggets interior defense. I think the idea is for the Nugs to add another post guy by the deadline. Brandon Bass or Gortat would do but the Nugs may not have enough to give unless they are willing to give up a rotation player. Options for an addition seem bleak at the least, but getting rid of Iverson for Billups seemed like a farfetched idea too!
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#8 » by Powder Blue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Iverson was expiring, that's what helped us get billups. Too bad we couldn't keep the other player we got in that trade...
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#9 » by pickaxe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Powder Blue wrote:Iverson was expiring, that's what helped us get billups. Too bad we couldn't keep the other player we got in that trade...

Well the FO I'm sure counted on the excitement that our current roster created. They didn't take into account the dirty work that could go untended to.

We got Melo and JR easy, and Billups fairly easy, now maybe it's karma whenever we release a role-player that we could have used.

But, forget karma, just go out and get that role-player that we need.......they need to stop the mustard in its tracks.

put the ball in the basket like this

Return to Denver Nuggets