ImageImageImage

Game 23: Denver Nuggets (16-6) @ Detroit Pistions (9-12)

Moderator: THE J0KER

Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Re: Game 23: Denver Nuggets (16-6) @ Detroit Pistions (9-12) 

Post#61 » by Teens On Acid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:33 pm

SnakefromHell wrote:
KidNine wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:you're the best and most intelligent one around here, we know.

thanks buddy, i appreciate it.

any team can beat us on any given night...understand that.

Did you say that 71 times in 1997-98 season also?

Good God, every time we lose, it's "on the road", it's "we lost to an NBA team"... there's no bad loss in your dictionary... all is good losses. Fans like you are content to see this team go to WCF every year and never think they can improve.

That's called making excuses. You're content to be good than legitimate (championship contenders). You give them a break when it's not due. You're in the George Karl group who says "winning 50% road games is good". We've been "good" since Melo entered this L, and last I checked being good didn't earn us a ring.

There's a fine line between not panicking and being content with being average. I'd like to think you, like George Karl, fall in the latter category.

And I suggest do watch the game, so you can actually share and understand the frustration with those who do watch. This was a so winnable game that we blew.

i work 9-5 so chances are that when the games are on, i'm making a living supporting my family and living in australia it's rare that any would be televised/replayed. i watch every game that falls on a weekend and yes, i get frustrated at losses but i don't come on the board and lose my sh*t over it. some of you people just go way over the top.

the fact is this is the best Nuggets team we've had in years, but losses are going to happen.
deal with it instead of whining like a 7 year old who's not aloud to stay up with the grown ups.

and for the record, (and you'd know this if you paid any attention to anything i've posted here in the last few years) my major problem with this team is George Karl. I wanted him gone long before now. I can't stand the way he coaches this team and i believe that if we had a different coach who could manage the flow of the game better then we wouldn't have these type of losses.
and one
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#62 » by and one » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:22 pm

OMFG can someone teach birdman a little bit of PERIMITER DEFENSE?!?

and did anyone see BEN WALLACE'S AIRBALL? haha! that was funny. :lol:

Just watching this game sucked. I was watching the wizards/celtics game and we need MR. Brendan Haywood on our team.
Ladies: I'll Be Your 6, If You'll Be My 9! ;)
The Webb
Banned User

Post#63 » by The Webb » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:25 pm

^almost as funny as his 16 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1 block.

How about JR's multiple air balls and horrible failed dunk attempt?
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#64 » by MHZ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:53 pm

The Webb wrote:^almost as funny as his 16 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1 block.

Burn. :roll:
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by MHZ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 pm

PeTBuLL wrote:Now im a a troll?

Plz respect me... I came here when we had a team formed by Rodney White, Skita, Juwan Howard, Hilário not Nene, Shammond Williams... I hate Melo´s game and attitude for many reason´s and i have the right to discuss about it...

Try to see the thing´s on my perspective:

Nuggets win, Melo shoots 30 balls, ok, Melo has the talent to win by himself. (and im here trying to prove that´s not the solution, and THE NUGGETS WON THE GAME...)
Nuggets lose, Melo shoots 30 ball, the team (aside CB and JR) doesnt shoot half of his shoots... (and im here trying to prove my point, suddenly im a troll or hater...)

Nuggets win, every player has his share, everyone is happy including me, Nene has talent, so has K-mart, Lawson, Affalo and others...

My question is: Why this team does not play like a team every game? Why Melo, and sometimes CB has to be the "only" answer on the offense? They dont pass, dont expect other players to get the ball of his hands and try to shoot, its not gonna happen, if you see, try to see the game, body language, the players every single one, not just Melo, they dont have his hand rise, because they know the ball will not come!

Other point about Melo beeing a black hole, is the fact that the other teams knows about, when Melo get the ball they put 4 players bellow the arc to get the defensive board, because they know Melo will shoot, if he make´s, ok, ih not, they got the board, if Melo´s start´s to pass more, they will have to defense other players and we will get more ofensive boards...

I have my point of view, you guys have others, im more liked to team´s basketball not heros, or match up´s games, i prefer Spain and Argentina basketball over USA´s, and you guys (USA) had to learn that to win the gold medal on the last summer olympics...

Yep. At this point, all you do is troll the board. If you watched the games, then made commentary based on what you had seen, it would be fine. All you do is come here and bitch about Carmelo Anthony. I'm sorry dude, but you proved last night that you don't even make the faintest attempt at honestly commenting on the game. You're going to whine about Carmelo whether he plays well, or he plays poorly. He carried the team in the fourth quarter, and his teammates mostly did nothing to help. I'm surprised you weren't angered by Nene and Chauncey's inability to execute a rebound and outlet in a critical moment in the game. Or was that Melo's fault?
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by MHZ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 pm

corona wrote:megan fox F-T-L

:blank:

The more I think about it, the more it might be el loco's fault for inserting Pole Vault Girl into Megan's thread.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#67 » by pickaxe » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm sorry but Melo did a much better job in every category, especially hustle in the game against the Pistons. I don't expect him to do Chauncey's job, just learn how to capitalize on the double and triple teams and make teams pay. That's all. He doesn't have to be super unselfish - just avoid being a turnover pop machine that everyone's trying to tip over.

Billups is a culprit in Detroit.....JR obviously is not sharp for some reason....it isn't just Melo.

I don't hate on the dude because he brings the good with the bad and his good is usually VERY VERY good for this team. There are guys that don't even try - EVER. Melo at least makes adjustments when he sees there's a problem.

Yup, he falls into his own traps time and again, but I lay that squarely on Billups. He needs to reign things in and direct traffic. Melo will get his touches.

put the ball in the basket like this
The Webb
Banned User

Post#68 » by The Webb » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:02 am

MHZ wrote:

Burn. :roll:

I'm sorry? Would swearing and throwing around insults have been more fitting? Laughing at Wallace's offensive game is a joke in it's self. No one thinks he's a good offensive player, not even Ben Wallace himself. He did however burn your front line for 16 rebounds, and made some really clutch steals.

And, JR Smith was embarrassing last night. I know he's better then that though.
KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#69 » by KAVK » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 am

MHZ wrote:

Plz respect me... I came here when we had a team formed by Rodney White, Skita, Juwan Howard, Hilário not Nene, Shammond Williams... I hate Melo´s game and attitude for many reason´s and i have the right to discuss about it...

Nuggets win, Melo shoots 30 balls, ok, Melo has the talent to win by himself. (and im here trying to prove that´s not the solution, and THE NUGGETS WON THE GAME...)
Nuggets lose, Melo shoots 30 ball, the team (aside CB and JR) doesnt shoot half of his shoots... (and im here trying to prove my point, suddenly im a troll or hater...)

Nuggets win, every player has his share, everyone is happy including me, Nene has talent, so has K-mart, Lawson, Affalo and others...

My question is: Why this team does not play like a team every game? Why Melo, and sometimes CB has to be the "only" answer on the offense? They dont pass, dont expect other players to get the ball of his hands and try to shoot, its not gonna happen, if you see, try to see the game, body language, the players every single one, not just Melo, they dont have his hand rise, because they know the ball will not come!

Other point about Melo beeing a black hole, is the fact that the other teams knows about, when Melo get the ball they put 4 players bellow the arc to get the defensive board, because they know Melo will shoot, if he make´s, ok, ih not, they got the board, if Melo´s start´s to pass more, they will have to defense other players and we will get more ofensive boards...

I have my point of view, you guys have others, im more liked to team´s basketball not heros, or match up´s games, i prefer Spain and Argentina basketball over USA´s, and you guys (USA) had to learn that to win the gold medal on the last summer olympics...

Yep. At this point, all you do is troll the board. If you watched the games, then made commentary based on what you had seen, it would be fine. All you do is come here and bitch about Carmelo Anthony. I'm sorry dude, but you proved last night that you don't even make the faintest attempt at honestly commenting on the game. You're going to whine about Carmelo whether he plays well, or he plays poorly. He carried the team in the fourth quarter, and his teammates mostly did nothing to help. I'm surprised you weren't angered by Nene and Chauncey's inability to execute a rebound and outlet in a critical moment in the game. Or was that Melo's fault?

Don't even waste a breath on this guy.

Somebody needs to smack Nene for those types of one handed careless passes. He's done it several times & last time it cost us the game, wasted Melo's great night in DET. Not trying to bring all this on Nene but he definitely screwed up the the evening that was not a good one & i feel bad for Melo trying so hard to go through with W when team is struggling & still loses it. Any type of failure or loss feels even worse when you know you did not bring it all out.

Road inconsistency has been our problem. Hope guys will have a strong mindset along the way.
George Karl !
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#70 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:31 am

Dude, I'm one of Melo's toughest critics in the past... but dude, you're trolling.

You can't see what Melo is doing this season, that means, you're a blind troll. Without Melo, we'd be talking John Wall. He's the only Nugget I have 0 complaint about this season... zero. Maybe you should check Nene's penis size on the road... and compare it when we play at home.

KidNine wrote:i work 9-5 so chances are that when the games are on, i'm making a living supporting my family and living in australia it's rare that any would be televised/replayed. i watch every game that falls on a weekend and yes, i get frustrated at losses but i don't come on the board and lose my sh*t over it. some of you people just go way over the top.

the fact is this is the best Nuggets team we've had in years, but losses are going to happen.
deal with it instead of whining like a 7 year old who's not aloud to stay up with the grown ups.

and for the record, (and you'd know this if you paid any attention to anything i've posted here in the last few years) my major problem with this team is George Karl. I wanted him gone long before now. I can't stand the way he coaches this team and i believe that if we had a different coach who could manage the flow of the game better then we wouldn't have these type of losses.

So my suggestion is if you didn't watch it and we did, shut it. You can't look at stats and "share your frustration" with guys who actually did watch it. It's not the same.

Did I do this all season? Did I vent after Hawks blowout? After Clipper loss? After Minny loss? No, I kept my cool... so I don't vent after every loss... so don't put me in the same group as a immature 7 yr old who blow up after every loss... but this loss has confirmed everything we (fans), so-called experts, even the players themselves, and maybe coaches too suspect about this team, they're good but not great. Chauncey said it.

Dude I don't panic :lol: far from it, it's not panicking, because unlike the past years' teams, I acknowledge this team is actually good. But it is also stupid... because it refused to be great when the very opportunities were presented in front of it. This team has refused the opportunities to be great, it's happy to sit "being good". It's passive when it's supposed to pick it up at certain points of the game, and they do look they know they have to pick it up, but they DON'T... it's what ticks people like me.

Strange, you want GK gone but you treat our team's losses and behave exactly like GK. You think people like that are cool because they have cool heads, etc, and you may have something more important like your job and family whatever, but while I respect ppl's businesses I hate people like that... it's called keep making excuses for something that goes wrong, turn blind eye on it, and blame other people like me who "panic" thinking we overreact like a 7 yr old... when it's people like you and GK who have no sense of urgency ever, feel uncomfortable when the seat is a bit hotter, so you blame everyone else "who panic" to justify yourself who "sit comfortably after every loss".

Dude, get me right, I thought the Minny loss was a good loss for our team, so I didn't come here to vent... I thought it was gonna have a good impact for the rest of the season, but it didn't... we still have losses like this. And I am not the type to panic, I have more things to panic about... it's called urgency, something you may want to pick it up to raise the bar of this team.

Dude, I want this team to do better than last year... "doing good" is not likely to get us there. And so far, it's what this team is doing... they're good, not great yet.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#71 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:45 am

The Webb wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:^Um hell yeah we're a much better team than your young 10-12 Pistons.

Trade places? Hell no. You can take your 4 game winning streak, we're focusing on getting over the hump. I understand and respect your team success in the past, and our own struggles in the past... but we're talking about the present, which says we're a much better team.

No realistically we're talking about 1-2 years down the road. Do you honestly think Denver has a championship team right now? I don't. I should say that I'll eat my words in the last comment about how we aren't that far apart. You guys are definitely a lot better than us right now. However, if you go to our board you won't find any of our members being disrespectful. Why you feel as if your team has the right to talk down to ours after we've essentially dominated your team for the last 7 seasons is beyond me. Props on having the 2nd best team in the west. Props on having the best scorer in the league (right now). No props given on some of your fans (not you) talking badly about our organization.

Right now, I don't. But a change in attitude and we may have.

Regular season games, especially between teams that are not in the same conference, mean virtually nothing. If you're contending like us and at least have hope to beat the Magic, Celtics to represent the East in NBA Finals, just like right now we have hope to beat Lakers to represent West in Finals, then it'd be a different story.

But losses to folks from different conference when we know for sure we won't be meeting in Finals, mean absolute jack.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#72 » by pickaxe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 am

Snake I agree with you. Nene potential versus Nene huge penis size at home really hurts us. We know he went through a lot with his cancer but he needs to mentally grow a pair. He also needs to get over his mistakes more quickly and not commit secondary mistakes.

And wtf with him dunking one game and not even attempting a dunk the next game. He's got one of the most powerful dunks in the NBA. He needs to stuff it, period.

SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#73 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:17 am

lol I liken Nene to someone who has cloud of weed smokes in his brain on the road... his brain is so cloudy, he doesn't even know he's in the game. It's like stoned guys staring at space but not deciphering anything he sees.

But at home, he's focused, he is ready to play. Then on the road he unfailingly smokes weed again.

I bet in a split second his thought of Ben Wallace was "what the heck is that ballboy doing wiping the floor, he's so tall... ahh (snaps himself back to the game) get back to the game, here take the ball Chauncey, heyy why's the ballboy trying to swipe the ball?" lol
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#74 » by Teens On Acid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:58 am

SnakefromHell wrote:Strange, you want GK gone but you treat our team's losses and behave exactly like GK. You think people like that are cool because they have cool heads, etc, and you may have something more important like your job and family whatever, but while I respect ppl's businesses I hate people like that... it's called keep making excuses for something that goes wrong, turn blind eye on it, and blame other people like me who "panic" thinking we overreact like a 7 yr old... when it's people like you and GK who have no sense of urgency ever, feel uncomfortable when the seat is a bit hotter, so you blame everyone else "who panic" to justify yourself who "sit comfortably after every loss".

quote where i made any kind of excuse for a loss and i'll accept your argument...keep it mind i didn't say a road loss was an excuse, i said it was no reason for US as fans to lose our sh*t...

it's true i didn't get to see the game, but i read enough on these boards to get an informed opinion before i post. and just because i don't have to opportunity to see as many games as anyone else doesn't make me any less of a fan.

SnakefromHell wrote:Dude, I want this team to do better than last year... "doing good" is not likely to get us there. And so far, it's what this team is doing... they're good, not great yet.

i completely agree with this. i treat every game like it's a loss until i see the final score, i KNOW very well what this team is capable of both good and bad.

SnakefromHell wrote:when it's people like you and GK who have no sense of urgency ever, feel uncomfortable when the seat is a bit hotter, so you blame everyone else "who panic" to justify yourself who "sit comfortably after every loss".

i'm not blaming anyone except Karl for these losses..i want you to find and quote where i have blamed 'everyone else'...you get hot because i say don't give yourselves cancer over a loss..losses are going to come..it's part of the season...and even though i treat every game like a loss until the final score shows we win, i have faith that we will more often than not come out with a W.
on a personal side you have NO IDEA what kind of person i am..none whatsoever..quit comparing me to george karl, quit insulting me with that petty sh*t .

every now and then you and i go back and forth like this...i guess it shows we're both passionate about the team. i just don't post EVERY thought i have on here, i just don't have the time.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#75 » by Arp590 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 am

SnakefromHell wrote:^Um hell yeah we're a much better team than your young 10-12 Pistons.

The same 10-12 Pistons that have been without Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Will Bynum? That's like 65+ Points in scoring that we are without.
Jeez if we can beat you without all those guys, i'd hate to imagine how much we'd beat you by if our entire team was healthy.
Keep throwing that 10-12 record around buddy, because it doesn't represent anything.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#76 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 am

KidNine wrote:i'm not blaming anyone except Karl for these losses..i want you to find and quote where i have blamed 'everyone else'...you get hot because i say don't give yourselves cancer over a loss..losses are going to come..it's part of the season...and even though i treat every game like a loss until the final score shows we win, i have faith that we will more often than not come out with a W.
on a personal side you have NO IDEA what kind of person i am..none whatsoever..quit comparing me to george karl, quit insulting me with that petty sh*t .

every now and then you and i go back and forth like this...i guess it shows we're both passionate about the team. i just don't post EVERY thought i have on here, i just don't have the time.

Losses are going to come... lol... this was not our first loss of the season, this was the 7th loss, 5th against sub .500 teams. And you try to understate it... "cmon guys it's nothing stop panicking" that's where my problem is... but my biggest problem about this is you seem to have no idea how "urgent"/ bad this loss is. How it stinks...

Arp590 wrote:

The same 10-12 Pistons that have been without Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Will Bynum? That's like 65+ Points in scoring that we are without.
Jeez if we can beat you without all those guys, i'd hate to imagine how much we'd beat you by if our entire team was healthy.
Keep throwing that 10-12 record around buddy, because it doesn't represent anything.

Yeah basketball is math lol... you add those guys and we're supposed to lose by 67 pts... this is too funny. You're 10-12 GET OVER IT!
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#77 » by Arp590 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 am

Warning - personal insults.
and one
Sophomore

Post#78 » by and one » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:14 am

^^almost as funny as we are 16-7 and you are only 9-13.

How about you guys dont even make it out of the first round playoffs?
Ladies: I'll Be Your 6, If You'll Be My 9! ;)
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#79 » by pickaxe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:52 am

Yeah I'm sorry "losses are going to come" basically means being willing to lose the few games of the season that might make a difference between conference finals and league finals. Not saying the world is coming to an end like some movies might suggest, just saying you get a few stinky losses and spot a pattern and you're not the only one who can spot that pattern.

Other teams are scouting weaknesses out.

Fix these problems now and don't let them linger and fester all season just to disappoint the ish out of us come playoff time.

SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#80 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 am

Arp590 wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:Yeah basketball is math lol... you add those guys and we're supposed to lose by 67 pts... this is too funny. You're 10-12 GET OVER IT!

That's not what I said you MORON.
I said those guys combine for over 65+ Points.

I'd like to see the Nuggets win without Carmelo, Chauncey, and JR.
It would never happen.
You lost to a 10-12 team without 4 of its 6 best players, sounds like you need to get over it.

You need to get over it, it's a matter of fact your team stinks and losing against your team stinks. Focus on that 8th spot :lol: we'll see you guys in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets