ImageImageImage

Game 23: Denver Nuggets (16-6) @ Detroit Pistions (9-12)

Moderator: THE J0KER

J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Game 23: Denver Nuggets (16-6) @ Detroit Pistions (9-12) 

Post#81 » by J Smitty » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:56 am

Turning the ball over on in bounds and outlet passes because you're careless is the most pathetic thing you can do on a basketball court....and we've now lost three games because of it recently. That's all about the mentality you approach the game with though. And sadly, ours is piss poor.
eathy
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#82 » by eathy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:34 am

Arp590 wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:Yeah basketball is math lol... you add those guys and we're supposed to lose by 67 pts... this is too funny. You're 10-12 GET OVER IT!

That's not what I said you MORON.
I said those guys combine for over 65+ Points.

I'd like to see the Nuggets win without Carmelo, Chauncey, and JR.
It would never happen.
You lost to a 10-12 team without 4 of its 6 best players, sounds like you need to get over it.

I actually disagree.

If Billups had been injured the whole season thus far, and Lawson has been starting and playing major minutes; as crazy as it is, I think the Nuggets would actually have a better record right now.

And FYI, we also lost to the laughable Timberwolves at home; the Mavs lost to the Warriors; the Cavs lost to Memphis. NBA players are million dollar athletes and can beat any team on any given night. However, I'm damn certain that we would be happy to play the T'Wolves/Pistons in the playoffs; the Mavs would be happy to play the Warriors in the playoffs; the Cavs would be happy to play the Grizz in the playoffs.

And wow... I thought Pistons fans would be the last of any other NBA teams fans to troll our boards..
eathy
Sixth Man

Post#83 » by eathy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 am

Arp590 wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:^Um hell yeah we're a much better team than your young 10-12 Pistons.

The same 10-12 Pistons that have been without Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Will Bynum? That's like 65+ Points in scoring that we are without.
Jeez if we can beat you without all those guys, i'd hate to imagine how much we'd beat you by if our entire team was healthy.
Keep throwing that 10-12 record around buddy, because it doesn't represent anything.

You're right.

There is no representation between the 18-3 Lakers and 2-21 Nets.
The Webb
Banned User

Post#84 » by The Webb » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:49 pm

and one wrote:
The Webb wrote:^almost as funny as his 16 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1 block.

How about JR's multiple air balls and horrible failed dunk attempt?

^^almost as funny as we are 16-7 and you are only 9-13.

How about you guys dont even make it out of the first round playoffs?

How about your team has been the worst good team in the league for the last 6 seasons? You guys aren't gonna win anything. We're 22 games into the season and you're throwing around records. You have a one dimensional superstar, a point guard who's biggest talent is flopping for the call to get to the line, a dumb hoodlum for a shooting guard (who looked like an absolute tard the other night... I wouldn't take him as our 12th guy, let alone our 6th), Nene who got burned by a 30+ year old Wallace and who else?

I wanted you guys to win the west last season, because it was a feel good story. Not because you were the better team. I had no idea your heads were this high. Seriously Denver fans, come back down to earth. You guys aren't winning a championship any time soon. We're in year one of a rebuild mode (which you'll be in soon). Why on earth do you feel as if you can talk down to anyone? Because of one and a half good seasons over the last 20 years?

Edit:
Eathy, maybe you should watch what you say if you don't want Piston fans trolling your board. This topic is off the wall. If other fans from around the league knew you guys consider yourself to be an elite team they'd be trolling here too. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Despite the fact that I think Chauncey is a waste of space (and has a turtle look to him) saying you would be better off with Ty Lawson starting just shows an extreme lack of basketball knowledge. You guys are just throwing out excuses now. Fact, we're 1-0 healthy. We haven't had RIP for 21 games, Tay for 18. It accounts for something. All you guys are saying is 'you stink, blah blah blah' and you completely ignore hard facts. Good Luck this season, personally I don't think you're going anywhere.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#85 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:35 pm

It's a matter of fact your team is not in our league... put Pistons in the West and they'd be worse than 10-12. As of today, that record is good enough for... surprise! 10th in the West along with Hornets. Even 11-9 Spurs are outside playoffs picture.

We're 2nd best in the West... how is that putting our heads high? That's fact.

You guys MIGHT get that 8th spot in the East, assuming Charlotte doesn't keep getting better and Chicago doesn't inevitably get better.

Good luck? :D And good luck not to get blown out on 26 Feb (because Chauncey already circles it).
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#86 » by Teens On Acid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:31 pm

SnakefromHell wrote:but my biggest problem about this is you seem to have no idea how "urgent"/ bad this loss is. How it stinks...

just because i'm not venting on the board doesn't mean i'm not pissed about the loss...not every feeling i have over a win or loss has to be conveyed via message board. sometimes i'll vent, sometimes i won't. get past it buddy.

SnakefromHell wrote:We're 2nd best in the West... how is that putting our heads high? That's fact.

SnakefromHell wrote:this was the 7th loss, 5th against sub .500 teams.

tone it down would you Bruno,
The Webb
Banned User

Post#87 » by The Webb » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Do you honestly think you would have a better record playing in the eastern conference against Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta more often? Face it, this whole East West argument is a waste of a time. It's a different brand of basketball, and if a Phoenix team with some of the softest players I've ever seen can put together 60 wins in a season then it's definitely not a better brand. Our prime teams from a couple of seasons ago use to run all over the West. Your team was crap until we gave you Chauncey Billups. I got plenty of opportunities to see him play with in the 6 or 7 seasons he was here, and out of those he had 2 really good seasons (LB era). Heading into those years he wasn't anything without Wallace and Rip, and after LB left he put up better numbers, but they didn't mean anything, he continued to let us down when it counted most.

Ah, sorry I'll get to the point. SnakefromHell, you enjoy being 2nd in the west, because you and I both know you're not going to win anything. Piston fan's expectations were extremely low this season with all the changes that were made. No one knows what this team would do healthy, but they go out and show heart (something that Chauncey Billups knows absolutely nothing about). This year Denver is a much better team, but Detroit has a lot to look forward to. My main issue is with calling out CV and Gordon in the first post. Charlie V is the real deal, and Ben Gordon can score as well as any one in this league. They're both young and about to enter their primes, and we have them both signed for the duration of their prime. To question whether it was money well spent is idiotic.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#88 » by Teens On Acid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:44 pm

the expectations here are very high...we know we have the caliber of player needed to win championships, but through coaching and rebounding, we're failing..regardless of conference..
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#89 » by tmorgan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Sorry I posted in your game thread, guys. I didn't think the troll legions would follow me here.

Pistons nomads: It's not TROLLING to post anything you want in your own forum. If you come here (or any other team's forum), expect to read things you don't like.
The Webb
Banned User

Post#90 » by The Webb » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:32 pm

I'll leave, I didn't really mean to troll.

Sorry Nugget fans.
J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#91 » by J Smitty » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:59 pm

And....suspension.
The Webb
Banned User

Post#92 » by The Webb » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Seriously? I was hardly even trolling. I got a bit irritated towards the end, but I was just trying to reason with some of you who weren't giving us enough credit. Good gosh this place is lame, you guys can't handle a little attention?
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#93 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:25 pm

The Webb wrote:Seriously? I was hardly even trolling. I got a bit irritated towards the end, but I was just trying to reason with some of you who weren't giving us enough credit. Good gosh this place is lame, you guys can't handle a little attention?

We like our game threads going no more than two pages. :lol:
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#94 » by MHZ » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Discussion is fine. Personal insults warrant a warning, which we saw a few pages back.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#95 » by tmorgan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
The Webb wrote:We like our game threads going no more than two pages. :lol:

Did we help you reach a meaningless regular season game record? :-)
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#96 » by SnakefromHell » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:12 am

KidNine wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:but my biggest problem about this is you seem to have no idea how "urgent"/ bad this loss is. How it stinks...

just because i'm not venting on the board doesn't mean i'm not pissed about the loss...not every feeling i have over a win or loss has to be conveyed via message board. sometimes i'll vent, sometimes i won't. get past it buddy.

SnakefromHell wrote:We're 2nd best in the West... how is that putting our heads high? That's fact.

SnakefromHell wrote:this was the 7th loss, 5th against sub .500 teams.

tone it down would you Bruno,

WTF... if we eliminate those sub. 500 losses we'd have been 1st in the West ahead of Lakers...

Like I said beach dude, you like to lay in the sand, sip that tropical punch, enjoy the world and be satisfied with what you got when you and people know you can do more. :D Fans like you create atmosphere where "being good" is enough and you don't want more. You continue to deny it but it's fact you think being 2nd is good enough and we should all be grateful and resist wanting more. These Pistons fans may be right...

The Webb wrote:Do you honestly think you would have a better record playing in the eastern conference against Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta more often? Face it, this whole East West argument is a waste of a time. It's a different brand of basketball, and if a Phoenix team with some of the softest players I've ever seen can put together 60 wins in a season then it's definitely not a better brand. Our prime teams from a couple of seasons ago use to run all over the West. Your team was crap until we gave you Chauncey Billups. I got plenty of opportunities to see him play with in the 6 or 7 seasons he was here, and out of those he had 2 really good seasons (LB era). Heading into those years he wasn't anything without Wallace and Rip, and after LB left he put up better numbers, but they didn't mean anything, he continued to let us down when it counted most.

Ah, sorry I'll get to the point. SnakefromHell, you enjoy being 2nd in the west, because you and I both know you're not going to win anything. Piston fan's expectations were extremely low this season with all the changes that were made. No one knows what this team would do healthy, but they go out and show heart (something that Chauncey Billups knows absolutely nothing about). This year Denver is a much better team, but Detroit has a lot to look forward to. My main issue is with calling out CV and Gordon in the first post. Charlie V is the real deal, and Ben Gordon can score as well as any one in this league. They're both young and about to enter their primes, and we have them both signed for the duration of their prime. To question whether it was money well spent is idiotic.

The whole East is stacked at the first four, after that competition is crap we're more balanced from 1-9...

We enjoy being 2nd west? The worst best team??? :rofl: With the exception of KidNine maybe, we wanna see us trump the Lakers this season. Coming from a fan of the team whose team reached 6 consecutive ECF but everybody knew they were not getting past Heat, Cavs, Spurs in Finals lol
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#97 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:04 am

tmorgan wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
The Webb wrote:We like our game threads going no more than two pages. :lol:

Did we help you reach a meaningless regular season game record? :-)

Not sure, but this might be the biggest thread of this season so far. Actually, when AI was on the team, I think we has longer threads. But that was just of AI fan boys whining about everything.

Did AI play enough in Detroit for y'all to experience them?
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#98 » by tmorgan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Did AI play enough in Detroit for y'all to experience them?

Uh, yeah. It was awful... at least you guys were playing him. Since he was not always starting (and then faked an injury for the last 20 games so he wouldn't be coming off the bench), we got to hear it long and loud from the AI posse. I basically stopped posting for most of last year because it was just unbearable to read.

Nice win tonight, GL the rest of the way. Those Lakers will be tough, but stranger things have happened. We'll be happy to make the playoffs and play a (unlike last year) competitive first round series this year... actually, that's not even true. We have a vocal segment that is lamenting our lack of tanking right now.

Whatever you do, hang onto Melo. I was a huge Melo hater for his first three years in the league -- he looked like Glenn Robinson to me. He's definitely changed for the better.
The Webb
Banned User

Post#99 » by The Webb » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Snake,

When I said "worst-best team" I was referring towards the fact that your team had some great talent on it, and yet your team was so poorly managed/coached that watching them play was almost painful. Now that you guys are a good-great team, there's no need to act arrogant (like the Laker fans). That's all I'm saying, I'm sorry I was throwing around insults. That and the CV comment in the first post is again what irked me. CV had 24 and 9 on 64% shooting last night in another win just fyi.

Yeah we had quite a few unsuccessful trips to the ECF, but we also had a championship, and came within seconds of repeating. It's your chance now, no need for your fans to act like arse holes.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#100 » by SnakefromHell » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:18 pm

I hate Laker fans with all my passion :rofl: I can't believe I'm being compared with them.

Sorry if I act arrogant and a douche... you're gonna support us when we face the Lakers right ;) God I can't stand them

Return to Denver Nuggets