ImageImageImage

Game 24: Phoenix Suns (16-7) @ Denver Nuggets (16-7)

Moderator: THE J0KER

KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: Game 24: Phoenix Suns (16-7) @ Denver Nuggets (16-7) 

Post#41 » by KAVK » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 am

Teams try to set their effort balanced for the teams they are playing IMO.

We are winning against good teams are because of the focus level is at the highest. Guys believed SUNS will come in tired after that ORL game intensity and gave less efforts & let them to get going early then once they got hot it is harder to put a break to it! At some point i think we will learn to be consistent no matter what team we playing.

W is goooooood. :D Them Suns fans were already beaten before the game :lol:
George Karl !
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#42 » by pickaxe » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:47 am

MHZ wrote:The Suns got hometown calls the entire first half. The refs followed the more aggressive team, and that was Phoenix early, and Denver late. People are acting like this is brand new.

Nice to see Chauncey step up and hit some big shots late. Really, one of the biggest problems with the Nuggets this year has been the inconsistency of the team to find a second scorer. JR has had a pretty piss poor season thus far, and Chauncey hasn't been great either. When one of those two guys hits shots to force defenses to not focus entirely on Melo, the Nuggets do well.

I think JR needs a game where he can air out his shot a little more, but practice control while he's doing it. He didn't really get it going during the Suns so.....onto the next chance. I'm assuming he practices his shot in his off time, but no results lately.....he really needs to get going somehow.

Nash needed to be contained so whatever we did tonight worked....Nash was expecting a shootout and assist-fest and so was maybe JR a little, and we didn't give them that. Only 66 attempted shots for the Suns (aside from 28 fts).

put the ball in the basket like this
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#43 » by pickaxe » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:54 am

el loco wrote:
TORaptorsFan wrote:the refs completely rigged this W for the nuggets hands down dont know why they would by they did

I know, ain't it great :rofl:

I thought they did a better job of calling fouls in the second half. Maybe there were a few make up or momentum calls, but there were way more than a few "aggression" calls for the Suns early on. I couldn't do the math if you start breaking down why a ref made a call......it's way too complicated. All I'm thinking is if the Suns just kept jacking up shots they might have won.

I definitely appreciate Nash but he's not exactly the best at ref calls. If not for ref calls he might have advanced a couple of seasons ago.......but I mean he's a brain and he didn't figure out a way to beat us. If he were really smart he would not have rested on the freebies in the 1st half. 8-)

put the ball in the basket like this
dis4ryan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#44 » by dis4ryan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:21 am

We need more minutes for King Carter. AC siky gnar.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#45 » by corona » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:27 am

TORaptorsFan wrote:the refs completely rigged this W for the nuggets hands down dont know why they would by they did

i was convinced through 2.5 quarters that this game was rigged for the suns.

that offensive foul by melo against dudley while jockeying for position was the most bogus call i've seen in the nba this season....maybe ever. melo didn't do anything but turn and look at the ball. and then they give nash two free throws on a weak call where the foul was whistled at the foul line, 13.5 feet and 3 seconds from the spot where he actually attempted a shot. :roll:
almost famous
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#46 » by almost famous » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:36 am

I see the refs accepted my $50 bribe that I slid under the door at half time.
GuyJones
Junior
And1: 54

Post#47 » by GuyJones » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:12 pm

wow that game was amazing lastnight... I have never seen my girl get so pumped for a sporting event lawls. Horrible first have, amazing second half is really all i can say.

Cant wait till wed when i get club level to see the rockets!!

almost famous wrote:I see the refs accepted my $50 bribe that I slid under the door at half time.

I think at halftime Karl just offered up more money than Gentry did in the first half. Great adjustment by Karl. What great coaches do :lol:
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#48 » by el loco » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

This is a nice youtube clip courtesy of roundball mining company:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1odZl1I ... _embedded#

Some of the article that goes along with it:

Film Room - Nuggets Switching Screens to Perfection Versus Suns
December 14, 2009
by Jeremy

The Denver Nuggets played tremendous half court defense against the Phoenix Suns in their 105-99 victory at the Pepsi Center. Below is what was originally supposed to be a few clips that turned into a mass quantity of clips documenting the Nuggets’ successful implementation of their switching scheme.

A couple of things I forgot to mention in the video was that switching defenses are usually employed to prevent a team from getting open perimeter shots. Give the coaching staff and players credit for having the guts to implement the switching scheme and stick with it. Secondly, I forgot to mention that Nene and Kenyon did a very good job of not reaching. It is easier to reach than move your feet and they both expended the additional energy to play defense with their legs and not their arms.

The one comment I will make is I was disappointed that George Karl fell off the wagon and chose to play Anthony Carter over Ty Lawson and Arron Afflalo. The Nuggets won and Carter obviously did not make any crippling plays, but I thought Lawson was doing a good job of defending Nash and Afflalo was playing exceptionally well defensively. I would have greatly preferred to see Afflalo in the game down the stretch, but as the Nuggets did pull out the victory it does not make for a very convincing case.

The rest of the article can be found by following the link:

http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2 ... ersus-suns

Return to Denver Nuggets