ImageImageImage

Global Player Watch

Moderator: THE J0KER

pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Global Player Watch 

Post#1 » by pickIBL » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:19 am

I know the Nuggets are contending in the Western Conference this year and we should be contenders for a good long while now (especially with the move to draft Lawson).

With 2010 being a big summer in terms of free agency I thought it might be worthwhile to mention a few names not on any of the lists floating around right now. Not that I'm not watching the Ronnie Brewers and Travis Outlaws out there, but I see a few guys across the ocean as well.

Ksistof Lavrinovic (10-0, Montepaschi Siena) just had a 30 point night. In 4 Euroleague games he's been averaging 62% from the 3 point line (8-13) and 54% in Italian league games (7 games).

Full Stats
http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cn ... yerID=9350

He's the definition of a great role player. He's got the shot, the size, and the skills. The drawbacks are his age (30) and his past (sex offender). This guys does a ton of work in 20-22 minutes a night. Guarding him on the perimeter is not an option.. you've got to be up on him all the time.

The other guy I really like is a teammate of Lavrinovic. Romain Sato has really come along. He's only 6'3 1/4, but the 6'11 wingspan and athletcism make up for it. What I've really been trying to keep track of is Sato's weakness (ball handling)... but at .8 turnovers it is hard to complain about it. Everything is going into the basket at a very high percentage including free throws for Sato this year. 94% from the line is nothing to sneeze at.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cn ... erID=35564

I must admit I'd like them both this summer. The only reason Sato isn't in the NBA right now is his comfort (and pay check) in Italy. He knows he's going to play a lot of minutes. He doesn't want the end of an NBA bench.

Nobody owns either of these players' rights. Any NBA team could sign them outright over the summer. Both in my estimation would cost less than David Andersen costed the Rockets.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Denver Nuggets