Analyst
And1: 66

Nene dunk count 

Post#1 » by pickaxe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:42 am

Total dunks: 4

Layup misses that should have been dunks: 3

~

-since Dec 18th game @ Hornets-

Didn't count em vs. Rockets, but we did see that one fast break layup miss.

This thread is to help count how many opportunities where Nene should have dunked it but instead opted for some sort of soft move - starting with NO on Friday.

:P

It's not to be negative on all the other things he does bring to the game, or be unappreciative, but I believe there are few that would argue Nene needs to dunk less. Am I right?

put the ball in the basket like this
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Re: Nene dunk count 

Post#2 » by corona » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:49 pm

can be a little frustrating.

but you gotta remember that the guys who attack the rim relentlessly are also the ones who are constantly injured. its just the name of the game. you go that hard into people and draw that much contact, you get injured. gerald wallace, dwyane wade, corey maggette all come to mind. and i'm sure nene doesn't have the pain tolerance of those players.

nene could probably attempt to dunk once or twice a game like he did on boris diaw a couple years back...but he'd get laid out by hard fouls, and land awkwardly a bunch.

as long as he's taking it strong towards the end of the season and into the playoffs, i won't mind too much.
PeTBuLL
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#3 » by PeTBuLL » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:47 am

Nene´s frustrating me...
Nenê, brazilan tomahawk!
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#4 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:02 pm

PeTBuLL wrote:Nene´s frustrating me...

Do you want to kill him after you kill Melo now? :roll:
PeTBuLL
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#5 » by PeTBuLL » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Sure not, Nene is ma man, i have his lost ball here in my house... rs

Melo desert to be murdered for some drougdealer, i will wait for this moment, iim kind saving money to hire someone here in RJ to do the job...
Nenê, brazilan tomahawk!
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#6 » by pickaxe » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:28 pm

corona wrote:can be a little frustrating.

but you gotta remember that the guys who attack the rim relentlessly are also the ones who are constantly injured. its just the name of the game. you go that hard into people and draw that much contact, you get injured. gerald wallace, dwyane wade, corey maggette all come to mind. and i'm sure nene doesn't have the pain tolerance of those players.

nene could probably attempt to dunk once or twice a game like he did on boris diaw a couple years back...but he'd get laid out by hard fouls, and land awkwardly a bunch.

as long as he's taking it strong towards the end of the season and into the playoffs, i won't mind too much.

Definitely noted for Nene......the part of it that is frustrating is he has wide open dunks quite a bit that he dances around the rim for when all he has to do is rise up and dunk. I'm all for him doing whatever allows him to maintain full balance so he doesn't take a bad spill.

Beginning of NO game he was doing it exactly right. Second half, he went back to being shy. I'm just hoping for the right mixture. I'd settle for 3 dunks a game.

Who knows what Nene's pain tolerance is......he may very well have gone through more pain than any of those guys. It seems having to get back in transition and scramble back would open up more possibilities for injury also.

Return to Denver Nuggets