ImageImageImage

Game 27: Denver Nuggets (19-7) @ New Orleans Hornets (11-13)

Moderator: THE J0KER

corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Re: Game 27: Denver Nuggets (19-7) @ New Orleans Hornets (11-13) 

Post#21 » by corona » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:31 am

keepin it real.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#22 » by MHZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:15 am

corona wrote:keepin it real.

I hope you're proud of yourself. :nonono: Maybe Mr. Pessimism should make the game thread for the Memphis game.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#23 » by corona » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:38 am

if i were to do it, i'd make it with blake lively, and then we'd definitely win.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#24 » by MHZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:11 am

We could use a god damn road win.
KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#25 » by KAVK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:33 am

Damn! WTF Happened GUYS??? Gotta get this road issues solved. I would prefer to SIT CB for 2-3 more games just to be safe! Corona stop with that negative ass **** man!
George Karl !
mutumba
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#26 » by mutumba » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:23 am

Ya know what we need? Less morning shootarounds.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#27 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Holy crap... I thought we got this...

There's this "we can turn it on late in the game, we can win this so we're gonna play relaxed because we're so confident we'll get this..." attitude in the team. Guys are not necessarily lazy but while they seem to play hard, they don't seem to know what that very playing hard is for. They keep making excuses for themselves... "you know we'll play hard, but hell if we lose this game there's 82 games in the season, and we can turn it on in March, April... we're a WCF team man." This attitude sucks... while they are not exactly underestimating anyone or playing lazy, they do not produce anything with this attitude. It only makes them look satisfied or plain stupid because the opportunity to get better was IN FRONT OF THEM but they rejected it thinking they don't need it.

Guess what team? You are good, but not that good to win a championship... certainly not with this type of attitude.

The only highlight of this game IMO is J.R.'s post and turnaround jumpshot at 4:19 left shortly after Lawson was blocked by Collison on a breakaway dunk attempt. That, to me, is expanding your game. J.R. has been a face-the-rim player his whole possibly basketball life... now if he can add that back-to-the-basket game, he's gonna add imo a good 5-6 ppg to his average easily. This is what I've been talking about by expanding your game... adding something that was not previously there. That's how Kobe gets better... imo if he wants to be as good as Kobe in that post game, he can... he has all the tools. He can be scary unstoppable... but my guess is he'll be satisfied shooting 3s, penetrating and ball handling and all that...
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#28 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:25 pm

mutumba wrote:Ya know what we need? Less morning shootarounds.

:lol:
PeTBuLL
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#29 » by PeTBuLL » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:34 pm

When Melo realized that he got only 3 points and Denver where winning, man, that was the moment that we lost the game, he started to perform his (im a 30 point man in this league) and Hornets and CP3 teach him a lesson, im here again to say i hate Carmelo Anthony so much, **** ballhog...
Nenê, brazilan tomahawk!
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#30 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:11 pm

PeTBuLL wrote:When Melo realized that he got only 3 points and Denver where winning, man, that was the moment that we lost the game

The moment Denver lost the game was when Karl took Ty out and put AC back in during the 4th.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#31 » by pickaxe » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:18 pm

actually, we began losing on the bad shot jr klanked after he caught fire......peja came back down and hit a three and the hornets rolled from there and nuggets caved mentally

CP3 with an insane near trip-dub

then it became the watch CP3 show in the 4th quarter, with cameos by the old "stand around and watch one guy" offense

and yet, hit a few more shots or convert near the basket and we're in this game

put the ball in the basket like this
KAVK
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by KAVK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
PeTBuLL wrote:When Melo realized that he got only 3 points and Denver where winning, man, that was the moment that we lost the game

The moment Denver lost the game was when Karl took Ty out and put AC back in during the 4th.

THAT IS THE MOMENT THAT SWITCHED THE GAME!!!. I COULD NOT watch the game, & watched it afterwards just to see what happened. AC came in and TO and missed couple of shots killed the tempo of the game. KARL should have stuck with Ty when Rook was on the mission :oops:
George Karl !
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#33 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:50 pm

meloivynene wrote:actually, we began losing on the bad shot jr klanked after he caught fire......peja came back down and hit a three and the hornets rolled from there and nuggets caved mentally

CP3 with an insane near trip-dub

then it became the watch CP3 show in the 4th quarter, with cameos by the old "stand around and watch one guy" offense

and yet, hit a few more shots or convert near the basket and we're in this game

Denver started the 4th quarter down 8. They went on an 8-0 run to tie it, everything was going well for Denver at that point. GK then goes and puts AC in and NO goes on a run. AC has a TO right away. Paul fakes a pass and AC completely turns away from him and runs in that direction, easy score for Paul.

A bunch of the players weren't shooting well, missing shots they normally hit, is true, so you want to keep a guy in who can create offense for Denver, not for New Orleans. If GK had any intelligence he would have realized that. He didn't. His too ghey for AC.
KAVK
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by KAVK » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:13 am

We should start count down for AC to see how many games AC will screw up. Karl does not have a balls to keep Ty in the game late in the 4th but sometimes you have to take some risks & AC is clearly bigger risk to have in the game late than a Ty No Kidding!!! Haven't we seen it enough yet? Try something different once in a while PLEASE!

Melo had off night, i was not expecting it but we can't rely on Melo every night to drop 30, that would be BAD HABIT! Liked what i have seen in Ty, dude is ready for the challenge. I would expect Karl to give Ty major mins against Grizzlies at home. If GK does that i ll forgive him :)

MHZ i would suggest to bring in Carrie on this one. She had her rest, now it is time to work :lol: Guys let's go for that 20 th Win & keep Chauncy a enough rest to come back in full health.
George Karl !
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#35 » by pickaxe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:45 am

JR's several shots in a row was the last best run for the team, then he made a dumb iso shot, forced it up and peja or somebody came right down and hit a three. I'm sure sticking AC in didn't help the matter, but it wasn't what started it. You can't hit several great shots and then get careless.....you got to protect what you bring in. JR was hot and he burned himself a little.

AC is going to be AC, but we know JR can do better.

I'll tell you what, GK should have called timeout on that made 3 by peja, and not inserted AC but just had a quick talk about protecting the points they're getting and sent the same crew right back out.

Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#36 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:20 am

I'm sure sticking AC in didn't help the matter, but it wasn't what started it.

You're mistaken, what you mentioned about JR then Peja hitting a three didn't happen in the 4th. It was AC going back in that started the loss. Nuggets go 8-0, AC comes in, turns it over right away, Hornets score. AA clanks a shot, AC gets completely faked out, Hornets score, AA clanks again, AC fouls Paul, Hornets score. Quick 6-0 for the Hornets in less than 2 minutes. Tooks less than 2 minutes for the Hornets to score 6 at the end of the 1st half when AC entered the game.

Do have some clanks there by AA and if he hits them Nuggets could have gone on to win. But unlike Ty, AC really can't do anything to help the team, and when other players are struggling, AC becomes really exposed as the liability that he is.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#37 » by pickaxe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
I'm sure sticking AC in didn't help the matter, but it wasn't what started it.

You're mistaken, what you mentioned about JR then Peja hitting a three didn't happen in the 4th. It was AC going back in that started the loss. Nuggets go 8-0, AC comes in, turns it over right away, Hornets score. AA clanks a shot, AC gets completely faked out, Hornets score, AA clanks again, AC fouls Paul, Hornets score. Quick 6-0 for the Hornets in less than 2 minutes. Tooks less than 2 minutes for the Hornets to score 6 at the end of the 1st half when AC entered the game.

Do have some clanks there by AA and if he hits them Nuggets could have gone on to win. But unlike Ty, AC really can't do anything to help the team, and when other players are struggling, AC becomes really exposed as the liability that he is.

Naw man, putting AC in exacerbated the situation that had already been started/ I know you don't want to lay any blame on JR's plate cuz he amazin', but when he does make mistakes it's usually mistakes of those type - a bad shot after a series of great shots. That's the spark. Put AC back in, and that's the lighter fluid. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not refuting anything you're saying about AC, I'm just saying the momentum shifted on that 3 ball, even if that was 1% and AC was 98% of that shift.

Return to Denver Nuggets