ImageImageImage

Game 28: Denver Nuggets (19-8) @ Memphis Grizzlies (11-15)

Moderator: THE J0KER

SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Re: Game 28: Denver Nuggets (19-8) @ Memphis Grizzlies (11-15) 

Post#21 » by SirHuey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 pm

SnakefromHell wrote:
MeloisMVP wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:^Lead team to wins?

I'm not questioning his ability, he definitely can. But does he want to? Melo is playing like MVP this season, I'm not gonna critique him this season.

Holy crap AC with big shot! Go Nuggets!

i didnt say it does. But im saying Melo is doing his part, but more players need to step up

Again, I'd refrain myself from criticizing Melo this season, he's clearly improved from the player he was 2-3 yrs ago, although I can if I want to, the missed free throws in NO game, the missed free throws in this game, that TO that led to Randolph's three late... etc. But I seriously believe Melo has improved his game to the point he earns a pass for making a mistake or two... even if they cost us wins sometimes.

But when we needed our role players to step up and they didn't... it only means the best player needs to do more than "just do his part". It's what LeBron, Kobe, Wade have been doing... if their teams' role players are being garbage they score 40, 50 instead of their average PPG to make sure they get the win. But again this is not a criticism, I'm fully aware he's our best player and we're riding him... it's just pointing out the area of improvement Melo can roam to make him even better than he is now.

First of all, Kobe is on a level different than those 3..Second, Wade?? He's having his worst season since his rookie one FG% wise and he hasn't been stepping up like you think...He didn't lift Heat over Celtics and was unable to make many shots..vs Magic, he missed about 2 or 3 in the last few minutes and Beasely ended up tipping in his shot to win the game...vs Lakers, he missed a clutch free throw that could've won them the game. And not long time ago, last week if i'm not wrong, Grizzlies beat Cavs, and LeBron missed at least 8 shots in 4th quarter/OT and missed the chance too tie/win the game as well..West has been stepping up in crunch time too for Cavs, and sometimes Mo Williams...nobody is perfect, Melo is on their level
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#22 » by pickaxe » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 am

More appropriate sign for this game:

SnakefromHell
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by SnakefromHell » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 am

MeloisMVP wrote:First of all, Kobe is on a level different than those 3..Second, Wade?? He's having his worst season since his rookie one FG% wise and he hasn't been stepping up like you think...He didn't lift Heat over Celtics and was unable to make many shots..vs Magic, he missed about 2 or 3 in the last few minutes and Beasely ended up tipping in his shot to win the game...vs Lakers, he missed a clutch free throw that could've won them the game. And not long time ago, last week if i'm not wrong, Grizzlies beat Cavs, and LeBron missed at least 8 shots in 4th quarter/OT and missed the chance too tie/win the game as well..West has been stepping up in crunch time too for Cavs, and sometimes Mo Williams...nobody is perfect, Melo is on their level

That's called making excuses. "Nobody's perfect" is a convenient way to accept settling being "great" when he can be "better than great". He scored 41 pts? That's great, but I guess he needed to score 7 pts more because we lost by 6.

But again, this is not in anyway blaming him only... there're many players that irked me notably Lawson and J.R.

But if you choose to say that, that's a convenient way to say "I'm good enough, I've done my part" when you can be better than good enough and can do more than just your part to be truly considered an elite player.

You said it, Kobe is on a different level than LeBron, Wade, and Melo... then my question is why settle being on a LeBron Wade Melo level when you can possibly be on a Kobe level.

Making excuses... only player fans make excuses for their favorite players lol
SirHuey
General Manager

Post#24 » by SirHuey » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:44 am

SnakefromHell wrote:
MeloisMVP wrote:First of all, Kobe is on a level different than those 3..Second, Wade?? He's having his worst season since his rookie one FG% wise and he hasn't been stepping up like you think...He didn't lift Heat over Celtics and was unable to make many shots..vs Magic, he missed about 2 or 3 in the last few minutes and Beasely ended up tipping in his shot to win the game...vs Lakers, he missed a clutch free throw that could've won them the game. And not long time ago, last week if i'm not wrong, Grizzlies beat Cavs, and LeBron missed at least 8 shots in 4th quarter/OT and missed the chance too tie/win the game as well..West has been stepping up in crunch time too for Cavs, and sometimes Mo Williams...nobody is perfect, Melo is on their level

That's called making excuses. "Nobody's perfect" is a convenient way to accept settling being "great" when he can be "better than great". He scored 41 pts? That's great, but I guess he needed to score 7 pts more because we lost by 6.

But again, this is not in anyway blaming him only... there're many players that irked me notably Lawson and J.R.

But if you choose to say that, that's a convenient way to say "I'm good enough, I've done my part" when you can be better than good enough and can do more than just your part to be truly considered an elite player.

You said it, Kobe is on a different level than LeBron, Wade, and Melo... then my question is why settle being on a LeBron Wade Melo level when you can possibly be on a Kobe level.

not really, Kobe has been in the league for almost 15 years...the other three have been playin pro basketball for about 6 years..why couldn't role players have contributed is a better logic than why couldn't Melo have scored 7 more points when he scored 11 more points than his average. Plus im a nuggets fan before being a Melo one, I could careless if he scores 10, 20 or 30 points as long we win. If he does something wrong i'll be first to point it out, he had a bad game vs NO and didn't step up, but this game it's a completely different case. Lawson and Carter, our guards, had 9 assists only, and Melo himself had more than half of that. So don't put the blame on an individual player is all im saying
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by el loco » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 am

SnakefromHell wrote:I am going to be critical of certain players:
- Ty Lawson has gotta be more aggressive, put that speed on to pressure the defense... right now, he's collecting rookie pay just to bring the ball up court... talent wise he's way better than AC, but right now AC is the better player. I know there's this team system he has to adhere to but he has to find himself in the offense... I'm sick of this passiveness. It's been like this for the past 10 - 15 games.

- J.R. has got to approach the game with more seriousness. I wouldn't say lazy, or reckless or questionable shot selection... but it's his casual attitude is pissing me off... it seems like there's no sense of urgency about him... he's playing the same when we're up by 30 or down by 20... it's fukin annoying.

JR rarely takes it to the rack anymore, other teams have learned to get up on him because 9 times out of 10 he will pull up for an off balanced shot. He has to much talent not to drive the ball every now and then. He makes things way more difficult then they need to be for himself.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by el loco » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:21 am

SnakefromHell wrote:

I disagree with you snake, even Kobe was struggling to get wins when he was the only offensive threat on the floor for the Lakers. Other teams would let him get his 40 back then and force someone else to beat them. Without Billups teams can get away with doing this to Melo.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#27 » by MHZ » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:37 am

Everybody defends him vehemently every time it's brought up, but I think I may be just about done with JR Smith. His good games are starting to get horribly outnumbered by his bad games, and his bad games kill this team. His piss pour free throw shooting for the second consecutive year make me believe this guy just doesn't want to put the work in to go from being a talented player to a a great player.

I'm starting to believe that it wouldn't hurt this team much at all to include him in trades, if you're bringing back something that can honestly help this team. Not being able to hit free throws, or wide open three pointers, for a shooting guard, is unacceptable. He's turning the ball over more than enough for my liking as well.

I know free throw shooting specifically is a very small part of JR's game, but it serves as a nice microcosm of this guy's work ethic. He seems to have none. Even a guy like Melo we see add new facets to his game every season - three point shooting, a much improved FT touch this season, etc. JR never seems to add anything, and he's regressing in other areas.

Props to Anthony Carter. I have to give him his due, he played about as well as I could have hoped for today.

[/vent]
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by MHZ » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 am

PeTBuLL wrote:Carmelo are the most selfish ever played this game... He is like those´s bad trained dog´s, you throw the limb but he never give it to you back...

A pleasure as always, PeTBuLL.
SirHuey
General Manager

Post#29 » by SirHuey » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 am

MHZ wrote:Everybody defends him vehemently every time it's brought up, but I think I may be just about done with JR Smith. His good games are starting to get horribly outnumbered by his bad games, and his bad games kill this team. His piss pour free throw shooting for the second consecutive year make me believe this guy just doesn't want to put the work in to go from being a talented player to a a great player.

I'm starting to believe that it wouldn't hurt this team much at all to include him in trades, if you're bringing back something that can honestly help this team. Not being able to hit free throws, or wide open three pointers, for a shooting guard, is unacceptable. He's turning the ball over more than enough for my liking as well.

I know free throw shooting specifically is a very small part of JR's game, but it serves as a nice microcosm of this guy's work ethic. He seems to have none. Even a guy like Melo we see add new facets to his game every season - three point shooting, a much improved FT touch this season, etc. JR never seems to add anything, and he's regressing in other areas.

Props to Anthony Carter. I have to give him his due, he played about as well as I could have hoped for today.

[/vent]

I really dont mind JR when he's not jacking up 3's (which is rarely nowadays) and taking bad shots...If he works on his shot selection, i think he'd contribute more
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#30 » by pickaxe » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:39 am

Actually, Kenyon had the lowest energy today. JR also. They all need to draw attention away from the ball better though.

I believe a pumped up Kenyon would have changed this game.

put the ball in the basket like this
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#31 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:26 am

PeTBuLL wrote:Carmelo are the most selfish ever played this game... He is like those´s bad trained dog´s, you throw the limb but he never give it to you back...

Total fail as usual. Nuggets get blown out without Melo stepping it up this game. That ain't being selfish.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#32 » by Teens On Acid » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:24 am

thank god i was at work when this was on..
what happened this time?
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by MHZ » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 am

The other aspect to that clownish statement is the putrid performance of just about every other wing players.

Melo had 41, 6, 5 on 50% shooting. How that's being selfish, I have no idea. I can get frustrated with Melo sometimes, but jesus.

Lawson: 0-3
Afflalo: 1-5
JR: 2-12
Anthony Carter was 3-6, including two 3's. He was the best wing complement to Melo today. That's not a good thing.

Nene and K-Mart each had nice shooting games, and had over 10 FGA's. Birdman was 2-8.

Why not double Melo every time he gets the ball, if these idiots can't hit an open shot to save their lives?

Damn you, Melo.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#34 » by pickaxe » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Yeah, Melo led the charge in this game. Even a slightly better effort by the other wings and we might be looking at a win. Kenyon's energy seemed way down for some reason.

put the ball in the basket like this
KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#35 » by KAVK » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:47 pm

We need a **** shrink seriously everyone on this roster except Melo, Billups & Martin rest needs a damn shrink who can grab up their sack and scream at em like bunch of clueless kids after a screw up!

They can get it done! Too darn rattled on the road to do it! J.R needs CB's watch on the court to calm his assss down when he gets all crazy after a good run. Let's suck it hopefully general will be back on Wednesday and smack them fools couple times and get down to business.

WE NEED A ANOTHER BIG! PLEASE DO IT!!!! GET GORTAT OR SOMETHING SO WE CAN USE EM INSTEAD OF STARE AT EM LIKE JOHAN THE IDIOT PERTOBITCH.
George Karl !
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#36 » by SnakefromHell » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:23 pm

^ :lol:

My J.R. trade countdown starts now... if he can't get his head out of his ass, we'd better trade him.

I already made a suggestion to trade J.R. for Gortat, Ryan Anderson and Redick who seems to be playing better each game. I wouldn't mind Gortat or Bass... either one will do since it's not likely either would start over Nene/ KMart anyway.

5 more games like this of content and "I'm too cool and too good to play this game seriously, I'm too good not to do that weak, pointless but cool looking shake and bake" attitude and I will definitely jump on the trade him wagon.

At the end of the day, J.R. is just a scoring production off the bench... we can find someone or two or three who do that + a big man for him. I'm sure there must be suckers out there who will bite for J.R.'S POTENTIAL.
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#37 » by klemen4 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 pm

one question:
What is the protection on Denver first round pick this year(Memphis owes him)???
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by el loco » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:13 pm

klemen4 wrote:one question:
What is the protection on Denver first round pick this year(Memphis owes him)???

If there was one, I would imagine that it was only lottery protected.

Return to Denver Nuggets