ImageImageImage

What's Melo's game?

Moderator: THE J0KER

Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

What's Melo's game? 

Post#1 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:16 pm

I've watched him quite a bit and I feel like I know a good detail, but I think Nuggets fans can give me a better insight. So I was wondering, if you can tell me the pros and cons of Denver's Franchise Man?
PeTBuLL
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Re: What's Melo's game? 

Post#2 » by PeTBuLL » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Hehehe, he´s performing like Iverson in the good old days... Same good´s and same terrible´s... His basket is not enough for win a title...
Nenê, brazilan tomahawk!
eathy
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by eathy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:35 pm

PeTBuLL wrote:Hehehe, he´s performing like Iverson in the good old days... Same good´s and same terrible´s... His basket is not enough for win a title...

Except that he's 1000 times more efficient than AI.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#4 » by Teens On Acid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:57 pm

i think his biggest con is that it seems like he needs other players, or a coach to motivate him sometimes. conditioning seems to be kinda relaxed..he's not ripped at all, but saying that, maybe not putting a huge stress on his system will help him play longer..i think he should drive more, be more physical,

we're always asking more and more of Melo..seems unfair when the rest of our team can't step up.
GuyJones
Junior
And1: 54

Post#5 » by GuyJones » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Melo is a physical specimen just like lebron. He is pretty large for his position and has great post game.

My problem is that even though he has one of the silkiest jump shots i the league, he tends to fall in love with it sometimes. Takes a lot of tough pullup jumpers (makes most of them too), that can sometimes break the rhythm we have on offense. Then it seems like once he starts taking jumpers the whole team just falls into that rut.

If melo stays aggressive, taking it to the basket, and passes out to the open guys it really opens up the whole offensive game. His post game is strong enough to pretty much take it on anyone.

As for his work ethic and being ripped i think he looks a lot stronger this year then he has ever before. I might have to do with him not having a nagging elbow anymore but it looked like to me that trip to the WCF really got him motivated.

He isn't a liability on defense anymore either which is a huge upside from before as well.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#6 » by el loco » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 pm

The only knock I have on his progression from a rookie to now is how he reverts back to being a forcer/chucker when his shot isn't falling. He forces the issue in such circumstances and doesn't let the game come to him. To his credit he has learned and developed many aspects of his game that I never thought he would develop (for example, recognizing a double team), but I don't like it when he goes into panic mode and starts chucking up shots because when he does this he usually digs his team a hole to fight out of.

As far as scoring, he can score from anywhere on the floor and in any manner. He can rebound well for his position when he concentrates on rebounding. He is an above average passer and sees the floor pretty well for a sf, his assist numbers could be better, but that isn't entirely on him. I think he has proven that when he plays defense he is pretty effective at it. His biggest improvement is in his maturity, he finally gets it the majority of the time and it has been a pleasure watching his game improve from a fans perspective, at least for me it has.

Return to Denver Nuggets