2015 MLB Regular Season Thread

Moderator: TyCobb

Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Re: 2015 MLB Regular Season Thread 

Post#761 » by Higga » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:09 pm

I never want to see Papelbon in a Nats uniform ever again. Never liked him, never wanted him here(rooted for him of course when he got here because you kinda have to), and now I hate him again. What a dbag. Choking out your teams best player and probably league MVP? GTFO.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#762 » by Latrell » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Higga wrote:I never want to see Papelbon in a Nats uniform ever again. Never liked him, never wanted him here(rooted for him of course when he got here because you kinda have to), and now I hate him again. What a dbag. Choking out your teams best player and probably league MVP? GTFO.

Papelbon was obviously in the wrong here, but there isn't a bigger douche in pro-sports than Harper.

This all started with the Machado incident. Harper should have kept his mouth shut, especially to the media. "Whaa whaa, now they're gonna throw at me , whaaa whaa. Shut up.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,850

Post#763 » by Zeitgeister » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Latrell wrote:
Higga wrote:I never want to see Papelbon in a Nats uniform ever again. Never liked him, never wanted him here(rooted for him of course when he got here because you kinda have to), and now I hate him again. What a dbag. Choking out your teams best player and probably league MVP? GTFO.

Papelbon was obviously in the wrong here, but there isn't a bigger douche in pro-sports than Harper.

This all started with the Machado incident. Harper should have kept his mouth shut, especially to the media. "Whaa whaa, now they're gonna throw at me , whaaa whaa. Shut up.

Papelbon deserves to be called out for throwing a fastball at Machado's head for looking at a home run too long. That old school crap is thug like behavior that should have no place in baseball. Maybe Harper should have kept it private, but sometimes traditional old school crap like that need to be addressed publicly for any of it to really change.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#764 » by Latrell » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:
Latrell wrote:

Papelbon deserves to be called out for throwing a fastball at Machado's head for looking at a home run too long. That old school crap is thug like behavior that should have no place in baseball. Maybe Harper should have kept it private, but sometimes traditional old school crap like that need to be addressed publicly for any of it to really change.

Sure, he deserves to be called out. I totally agree. Not by his own teammate though.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#765 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Focus on cost controlled pitcher or the rental?
Measure which trade deadline bust was worse or just drop the subject altogether?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,864

Post#766 » by Stanford » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Latrell wrote:This all started with the Machado incident. Harper should have kept his mouth shut, especially to the media. "Whaa whaa, now they're gonna throw at me , whaaa whaa. Shut up.

It should be noted that Harper didn't actually cry, nor did he say any variation of "whaa" in his talk with the media. The distinguished retired mod "Latrell" added these for effect.

As far as douches go, I'll take Harper and leave the "throw at his head because baseball" types for someone else.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#767 » by Latrell » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Stanford wrote:
Latrell wrote:This all started with the Machado incident. Harper should have kept his mouth shut, especially to the media. "Whaa whaa, now they're gonna throw at me , whaaa whaa. Shut up.

It should be noted that Harper didn't actually cry, nor did he say any variation of "whaa" in his talk with the media. The distinguished retired mod "Latrell" added these for effect.

As far as douches go, I'll take Harper and leave the "throw at his head because baseball" types for someone else.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#768 » by truth18 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Lol. Memories.
YOU LOSE
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#769 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Thoughts on Jerry Dipoto hire? Angel fans?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#770 » by Higga » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Latrell wrote:

Harper was actually on Machado's side there and was basically trying to say that throwing at people's heads is stupid and pointless. Yeah he probably shouldn't go against his teammate in public but the whole throwing at people's heads as retribution is just dumb. Hate all the unwritten rules.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#771 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Harper's a good guy if you ask me. Everybody wanted him to play the d-bag role from the moment he set foot in the league because he was a top prospect and aesthetically he looks the part of a stereotypical douche.

he hasnt done much since being in the league for it to warrant the title of d-bag. Looks like he just plays the game hard to me.
Clown Question Bro.
Anything else?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
beach house
Senior
And1: 1,044

Post#772 » by beach house » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:19 pm

he's said some extremely dbaggy things before. if u want i can dig them up

i dont care how someone looks. jason giambi looked scary but he was a total sheep in public and did great fan service
pujols looks like a cueball but he's also real solid

list goes on
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#773 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:29 am

beach house wrote:he's said some extremely dbaggy things before. if u want i can dig them up

i dont care how someone looks. jason giambi looked scary but he was a total sheep in public and did great fan service
pujols looks like a cueball but he's also real solid

list goes on

If you can…post em.

Not gonna go to the ends of the earth to fight for him. If the things are d-baggy, then it is what it is
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#774 » by Higga » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Harper plays the game the right way. Contrary to popular belief, he's actually one of the bigger hustlers in the league. Remember running into the wall? If anything sometimes he plays the game too hard. He's also never gotten into any legal trouble and is always one of the guys that stays around the longest to sign autographs. He's a good kid, a little bit immature, who's been demonized since his rookie year because he happened to be on the cover of SI when he was 17. Not his fault he was better than everyone else as a kid and is starting to establish himself as arguably the best player in the league at age 22.
beach house
Senior
And1: 1,044

Post#775 » by beach house » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:40 pm

never intended to say harper was a bad kid. just wanted to point out that he did say a number of facepalm things... but i guess thats par for the course granted his early age hype a la lebron

also congrats to quake for dodgers clinching on at&t. monster game by kershaw
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#776 » by Da Schwab » Thu Oct 1, 2015 1:09 pm

I know they won't, but it'd be great if the Blue Jays got swept in the first round.

Also, f*ck the Yankees pitching staff.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,864

Post#777 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 1, 2015 4:26 pm

Da Schwab wrote:I know they won't, but it'd be great if the Blue Jays got swept in the first round.

A Jays-Dodgers World Series would be a nightmare. I have a lot of vacation days left. I may use them to visit North Korea if such a series were to occur.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#778 » by Higga » Fri Oct 2, 2015 1:32 pm

Rooting for the Royals in the AL and the Pirates in the NL.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#779 » by Goudelock » Fri Oct 2, 2015 3:19 pm

Higga wrote:Harper plays the game the right way. Contrary to popular belief, he's actually one of the bigger hustlers in the league. Remember running into the wall? If anything sometimes he plays the game too hard. He's also never gotten into any legal trouble and is always one of the guys that stays around the longest to sign autographs. He's a good kid, a little bit immature, who's been demonized since his rookie year because he happened to be on the cover of SI when he was 17. Not his fault he was better than everyone else as a kid and is starting to establish himself as arguably the best player in the league at age 22.

Before the year, didn't people say that Harper needed to tone it down a little bit and not go 110% all the time? Now that he tries to pace himself, they say that he doesn't hustle enough.

BTW, the whole Bud Norris story is ridiculous on so many levels.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#780 » by Wo1verine » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:38 pm

Da Schwab wrote:I know they won't, but it'd be great if the Blue Jays got swept in the first round.

Spoiler:
Just kidding man. :P
BrunoSkull

Return to The General MLB Board