Does it really matter if Pete Rose betted as a player?

Moderator: TyCobb

anatomicbomb
Rookie
And1: 429

Re: Does it really matter if Pete Rose betted as a player? 

Post#21 » by anatomicbomb » Tue Jan 8, 2019 1:36 am

danfantastk32 wrote:From Yahoosports: "Another controversy has found Pete Rose, baseball’s embattled hit king. According to a sworn statement filed in a Pennsylvania court Monday by an unidentified woman, Rose maintained a sexual relationship with her in the 1970s when she says she was under the age of 16.
They both lived in Ohio at the time, where 16 is the age of consent. If true — Rose admits the relationship but says she was older than 16 — Rose wouldn’t face criminal charges for statutory rape because the statute of limitations has expired."

Nice. I certainly hope this guy never makes the HoF. He gambled....and there was a penalty involved.

He was a married man in his mid-30's with kids cheating outside baseball as well. Sounds like a pattern to me. I guess you can believe him, and not her (he's been so f-ing honest to date) that she was over 16....that's your choice.

Giant, bloated, cheating, creep-oid. Too funny that anyone wants to see this cheater in the HoF.

This is the first I heard about the statutory rape allegations. The serial ones sound like they could be a bit unreliable, but the fact that there are stories from multiple sources and one of those statements is a signed statement issued in court, then it starts to paint a picture that's very unsettling.

Honouring him sounds like a poor idea, but hiring him for FOX is a natural move. Next lawsuit in 3...

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
jason bourne
Analyst
And1: 781

Re: Does it really matter if Pete Rose betted as a player? 

Post#22 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:55 pm

More dirt on Rose.

Pete Rose lied for 15, count 'em, years that he never bet on baseball. He also lied under oath. He also went to prison for five months and fined $50,000 for tax evasion.

It doesn't stop there, Rose was involved with drugs and selling fake autographs in the collector's market. He should be banned for life.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/peter-rose-200109

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”

Return to The General MLB Board