World Series thread,Cubs vs Indians

Moderator: TyCobb

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Re: World Series thread,Cubs vs Indians 

Post#41 » by Celtsfan1980 » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:45 pm

A media darling(Lebron) wins in basketball, media darlings win in baseball, and it's looking possible another media darling(Brady) will win in football. After watching Cubs starters taken out far too early two straight games and Francona refuse to pitch Otero(clearly better than Shaw) during the big innings sometimes I question whether sports are authentic. Baffling decisions made by the managers. Sometimes I question whether I should watch sports more.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#42 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 3, 2016 5:01 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:A media darling(Lebron) wins in basketball, media darlings win in baseball, and it's looking possible another media darling(Brady) will win in football. After watching Cubs starters taken out far too early two straight games and Francona refuse to pitch Otero(clearly better than Shaw) during the big innings sometimes I question whether sports are authentic. Baffling decisions made by the managers. Sometimes I question whether I should watch sports more.

Patriots are media darlings?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#43 » by CellarDoor » Fri Nov 4, 2016 3:10 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
CellarDoor wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:I honestly don't think it's a big deal, the adrenaline from a game 7 alone would likely make his 20 pitches tonight irrelevant. Although since the guy does throw over 100 essentially 4/5 of his pitches, that could make an issue. Although I do think it was a little silly letting CLE face him some more trying to get him down for a game 7, they could start picking him up better.

Tomorrow is anyone's guess, Kluber is the better pitcher, CLE has the better bullpen, Cubs hitters are starting to wake up and it's supposed to be warm again, good for their bats. We'll see what happens.

It's a bit of a wild card, but I don't know that you can say CLE has the better bullpen in a game where we can run out Lackey and maybe Lester.

Hendricks/Lackey/Lester/Montgomery/Chapman and Kluber/Shaw/Miller/Allen seems pretty even. I might even give the Cubs an edge for Hendricks being fully rested.

How do you factor Hendricks into the bullpen when he is starting?

And yes, seeing as Miller has just turned in a top 3 performance as a relief pitcher for the World Series, and how Allen has been just as good, the Indians have the better bullpen. I don't think anyone in the country would take the Cubs pen over Miller and Allen, especially since it appears a lot of people perceive Chapman was misused last night and it might bother him.

Seems pretty simple to me, CLE has the pitching advantage tonight and home field advantage, Cubs have hitting and perhaps confidence advantage. Games probably a toss up

I factor Hendricks in the same way Kluber is factored in on the other side. Referring to the entirety of the pitching though I can see how I switched thoughts a bit. Having Kluber on the other side was supposed to make it implicit.

Either way, Miller got lit up as did Kluber and as did Chapman (and David Ross).
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#44 » by CellarDoor » Fri Nov 4, 2016 3:13 am

Hugely proud of the Cubs. Props to the Indians for gutting it out. Maddon made some Maddoning moves that were scaring the **** out of me.

Side note, Clippers give up a 3-1 lead to the Thunder, the Thunder give it up to the Warriors, the Warriors give it up to the Cavs who then infect another sport entirely but still the same city. If my Blackhawks get a 3-1 lead in the finals I'm going to be **** bricks the rest of the series.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,142

Post#45 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 8:36 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:A media darling(Lebron) wins in basketball, media darlings win in baseball, and it's looking possible another media darling(Brady) will win in football. After watching Cubs starters taken out far too early two straight games and Francona refuse to pitch Otero(clearly better than Shaw) during the big innings sometimes I question whether sports are authentic. Baffling decisions made by the managers. Sometimes I question whether I should watch sports more.

Might've been for a good reason. iirc, Russell took him for a ride with a huge slam.

Return to The General MLB Board