OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion!

Moderator: TyCobb

User avatar
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 49,382
And1: 15,032
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#1 » by magnumt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Read on Twitter


--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio


magnumt6
wco81
Head Coach
Posts: 7,276
And1: 1,717
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#2 » by wco81 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:15 pm

I don't think the MLB TV contract is as lucrative as the NBA or NFL TV deals.

Of course individual teams have very lucrative deals, like the Yankees and the Dodgers, Red Sox and a few others.

Hasn't the Marlins had trouble drawing? Do they have a big local TV deal?
User avatar
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 29,805
And1: 9,708
Joined: Jan 02, 2005
Location: O.R.
       

Re: OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#3 » by TMU » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:00 am

Great. Now Free Giancarlo!
Image
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 105,536
And1: 19,485
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:42 am

wco81 wrote:I don't think the MLB TV contract is as lucrative as the NBA or NFL TV deals.

Of course individual teams have very lucrative deals, like the Yankees and the Dodgers, Red Sox and a few others.

Hasn't the Marlins had trouble drawing? Do they have a big local TV deal?


Each team gets over $50 million from the national TV deal and gets to keep 66% of their local TV revenue. The other 34% of TV revenue is put into a pot and divided equally among the 30 teams.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
wco81
Head Coach
Posts: 7,276
And1: 1,717
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#5 » by wco81 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Yeah but look at why Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers can have such huge payrolls.

Even Diamondbacks have a local TV deal big enough for them to offer Greinke a huge contract.
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
Posts: 812
And1: 317
Joined: May 18, 2014
         

Re: OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#6 » by North_of_Border » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:55 pm

Jeter didn’t invest much in terms of actual cash. He is more of a face to the group who bought the team. He will run the franchise and be the ambassador. Too be honest through he is more of an employee than an owner. He didn’t buy ****.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Pro-Am40
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 13, 2018
Location: Carolina
   

Re: OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#7 » by Pro-Am40 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 pm

The Marlins need to go back to their throwback logo and colors!

Return to The General MLB Board