Mookie Betts, David Price to Dodgers

Moderator: TyCobb

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Mookie Betts, David Price to Dodgers 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:31 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mookie-betts-david-price-heading-to-dodgers-in-blockbuster-trade-with-red-sox/ar-BBZEP7v

Step aside 2012, we have a new Trade of the Century involving the Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Dodgers, Red Sox and Minnesota Twins have agreed on a three-team trade that will send outfielder Mookie Betts and starter David Price to Los Angeles, according to an official with direct knowledge of the discussions.

The official spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the deal was not yet finalized.

Boston's return package will include outfielder Alex Verdugo from Los Angeles as well as pitching prospect Brusdal Graterol from the Twins. Minnesota will get right-handed pitcher Kenta Maeda from the Dodgers.

Already favorites to win the NL West for an eighth consecutive year, the Dodgers now have an even better shot at reaching World Series for the third time in four years and winning the club's first championship since 1988.

As a Dodger fan, I'm naturally worried Betts will be a Yankee in a year... But I like the fact we actually did something.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: Mookie Betts, David Price to Dodgers 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 pm

It's too bad the Dodgers got robbed of the World Series the past couple of years. You know Magic Johnson is going to do everything in his power to keep Betts longterm.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
peace forever
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by peace forever » Fri Aug 7, 2020 4:34 pm

Magic Is Magic
Senior
And1: 503

Post#4 » by Magic Is Magic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 am

TyCobb wrote:It's too bad the Dodgers got robbed of the World Series the past couple of years. You know Magic Johnson is going to do everything in his power to keep Betts longterm.

It was a very fun and painful time to be a Dodger's fan. I was at Game 7 when we played the Astros and started Yu Darvish over Kershaw. It hurt to see Kershaw come in and pitch 4 scoreless, like, what? If you were okay with Kershaw pitching four then why not start him? I wonder about "clutch" and Kershaw sometimes. I don't typically believe in "clutch" for superstars, in the sense that if underperform it could very well be due to small sample size as opposed to "choking/unclutch" but Kersahw has me second guessing that sometimes. But then he'll pull a Game 7 World Series outing where he shuts out the Astros for 4 straight innings so who knows.
cycl0nus
Rookie
And1: 773

Post#5 » by cycl0nus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:17 am

Magic Is Magic wrote:
TyCobb wrote:It's too bad the Dodgers got robbed of the World Series the past couple of years. You know Magic Johnson is going to do everything in his power to keep Betts longterm.

It was a very fun and painful time to be a Dodger's fan. I was at Game 7 when we played the Astros and started Yu Darvish over Kershaw. It hurt to see Kershaw come in and pitch 4 scoreless, like, what? If you were okay with Kershaw pitching four then why not start him? I wonder about "clutch" and Kershaw sometimes. I don't typically believe in "clutch" for superstars, in the sense that if underperform it could very well be due to small sample size as opposed to "choking/unclutch" but Kersahw has me second guessing that sometimes. But then he'll pull a Game 7 World Series outing where he shuts out the Astros for 4 straight innings so who knows.

he did well gm 1
Magic Is Magic
Senior

Post#6 » by Magic Is Magic » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:25 am

cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:

he did well gm 1

I hope he can keep it up! Game 3 looks like it's in the bag for us.
cycl0nus
Rookie

Post#7 » by cycl0nus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:28 am

Magic Is Magic wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:

he did well gm 1

gm 3 is being controlled by buehler. he is fantastic ace pitcher.
Magic Is Magic
Senior

Post#8 » by Magic Is Magic » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:36 am

cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:

he did well gm 1

No doubt, love that kid! I also went to the 2018 NLCS when we played the Brewers. It was game 3 and Buehler started so that was a treat. He didn't get the win but that Brewers team was tough and he still got a lot of strike outs.
cycl0nus
Rookie

Post#9 » by cycl0nus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:10 am

Magic Is Magic wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:

No doubt, love that kid! I also went to the 2018 NLCS when we played the Brewers. It was game 3 and Buehler started so that was a treat. He didn't get the win but that Brewers team was tough and he still got a lot of strike outs.

buehler is icecold tonite! at this stage in their careers, im starting to trust buehler more over kershaw. not taking away from kershaw, but kershaw has a lot of demons to exercise; he's getting there though and im pulling for him!!!
Magic Is Magic
Senior

Post#10 » by Magic Is Magic » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:19 am

cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:

buehler is icecold tonite! at this stage in their careers, im starting to trust buehler more over kershaw. not taking away from kershaw, but kershaw has a lot of demons to exercise; he's getting there though and im pulling for him!!!

I hate to say it brotha but I might have to agree at this point. Until Kershaw can prove me wrong in our close out game 5 game of course!
cycl0nus
Rookie

Post#11 » by cycl0nus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:06 am

Magic Is Magic wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:

I hate to say it brotha but I might have to agree at this point. Until Kershaw can prove me wrong in our close out game 5 game of course!

thats right homie!! game 5 he'll close it out :)
Magic Is Magic
Senior

Post#12 » by Magic Is Magic » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:30 am

cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:

I don't want to jinx anything but I'm starting to believe that this year could be...
cycl0nus
Rookie

Post#13 » by cycl0nus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:49 am

Magic Is Magic wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:
Magic Is Magic wrote:

I don't want to jinx anything but I'm starting to believe that this year could be...

dodgers have excellent field play, awesome pitching, mookie strongarms on base running.. and our offense is elite. they are motivated and sick of losing. u can see it in their body language and approach. they believe!!!! this is our year!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#14 » by Camping Fan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 am

Kilroy wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mookie-betts-david-price-heading-to-dodgers-in-blockbuster-trade-with-red-sox/ar-BBZEP7v

Step aside 2012, we have a new Trade of the Century involving the Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Dodgers, Red Sox and Minnesota Twins have agreed on a three-team trade that will send outfielder Mookie Betts and starter David Price to Los Angeles, according to an official with direct knowledge of the discussions.

The official spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the deal was not yet finalized.

Boston's return package will include outfielder Alex Verdugo from Los Angeles as well as pitching prospect Brusdal Graterol from the Twins. Minnesota will get right-handed pitcher Kenta Maeda from the Dodgers.

Already favorites to win the NL West for an eighth consecutive year, the Dodgers now have an even better shot at reaching World Series for the third time in four years and winning the club's first championship since 1988.

As a Dodger fan, I'm naturally worried Betts will be a Yankee in a year... But I like the fact we actually did something.
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#15 » by Camping Fan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:53 am

Camping Fan wrote:
Kilroy wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mookie-betts-david-price-heading-to-dodgers-in-blockbuster-trade-with-red-sox/ar-BBZEP7v

I believe the Dodgers will give Betts the money he wants... He earned it big time
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#16 » by Camping Fan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:57 am

A friend of mine said that Red Sox didnt want to give Betts a big contract which I believe the Dodgers will give him along with Justin Turner....They both earned it big time
Lakers 2020
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#17 » by Kilroy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 am

Camping Fan wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:

I believe the Dodgers will give Betts the money he wants... He earned it big time

Maybe... But we'll just have to wait a little while to find out...
12years... To be exact.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-07-28/breaking-down-mookie-betts-contract-extension-with-dodgers

He already signed a 12/365m contract extension with us.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#18 » by Pharmcat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 am

Kilroy wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:

Maybe... But we'll just have to wait a little while to find out...
12years... To be exact.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-07-28/breaking-down-mookie-betts-contract-extension-with-dodgers

He already signed a 12/365m contract extension with us.

if they win this world series it would be worth it. he was so huge in these playoffs with his defense and baserunning
mar1eypeacek1d
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#19 » by mar1eypeacek1d » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:27 pm

peace 2
formula 400
Pro Prospect
And1: 621

Post#20 » by formula 400 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:43 am

PAYING OFF 2X!!!!!