Ichiro speaks his mind....

Moderator: TyCobb

sideshowking24
Junior
And1: 0

Ichiro speaks his mind.... 

Post#1 » by sideshowking24 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:21 pm

he doesn't talk much but when he does, apparently he as a lot to say... wants to become a pitcher, golfers and race-car drivers aren't athletes, Pete Rose should be in the Hall, playing just to win angers him and steroids aren't cheating, all according to Ichiro. check it out:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... hiro_N.htm

He is that sure. So is Ichiro, particularly when it comes to fulfilling a dream. "Once I turn 40," he says, "I can become a pitcher. I'm kind of serious about it. But I'll have to learn to throw a knuckleball. Right now, I could be a 'normal' pitcher," who can top out at 95 mph with a fastball....

He can be engaging, thoughtful and candid. When was the last time you heard a major-leaguer say: "I really enjoy geniuses. I'm not impressed by raw power. I'm moved more by beauty and grace."

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Thu May 17, 2007 9:33 pm

what were ichiro's opinion on the war in iraq?

whats his opinions on stopping hunger and the AIDS epidemic in Africa?

and is it true that he's dating lucy liu (or any sterotypical response regarding an asian celebrity)
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri May 18, 2007 2:26 am

If Ichiro becomes a 40-year-old major league knuckleballer, forget Cooperstown. I'd rename it Ichiroville.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#4 » by Buck You » Fri May 18, 2007 3:32 am

Ha, Ichiro really did speak his mind there. I doubt when he gets close to 40 and maybe close to the all time hits record he will decide against being a pitcher.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

Post#5 » by ccvle » Fri May 18, 2007 11:47 am

i wonder if he can really throw 95mph.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#6 » by lpsevier » Fri May 18, 2007 12:31 pm

His breaking ball is 95.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Chach » Fri May 18, 2007 5:00 pm

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:Ha, Ichiro really did speak his mind there. I doubt when he gets close to 40 and maybe close to the all time hits record he will decide against being a pitcher.

Ichiro spent too long in Japan to break the all time hits record. Had he come to American five or six earlier and he held off until he was 42 or 43, OK maybe he'd be coming close to the record but I don't see him breaking it getting 200 hits a year for a decade, he won't even be halfway there. mahalo
~Chach~
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#8 » by CousinOfDeath » Sat May 19, 2007 4:02 am

I bet he could throw 95 easily. He has a gun. I wonder how hard Vlad would be able to pitch in his prime?
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#9 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat May 19, 2007 7:20 am

If Ichiro could become a knuckleballer, he'd be the de facto No.3 pitcher for the Mariners. And we'd eat it up.

I'm also kinda glad Ichiro is fan-oriented. It's refreshing to know that he will be competitive but he also is out there having some fun. (Even for the s**tty teams he's been playing on lately.)
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.

Return to The General MLB Board