Playoff and SB Odds

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 58,394

Playoff and SB Odds 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 22, 2024 4:55 am

This is just some I came across on the Athletic today. I'm sure there are many at the bookmakers as well that can be posted.

Micah Prescott
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,386

Re: Playoff and SB Odds 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

So Dallas has an 80% chance of making the playoffs, and a 7% chance of winning the SB.

Honestly that sounds spot-on to me. I have no idea how these percentages were determined but they feel legit.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,358

Post#3 » by Mr B » Wed May 22, 2024 8:04 pm

Is anyone else having issues with Tapatalk? Seems like it has been down for a couple of days now.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,833

Post#4 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 24, 2024 4:56 pm

The O/U for wins is 7.5 for Seattle. Which is low. Bet the over.

They won 9 games last year with a defense that was last in a lot of categories. That was mostly due to the scheme, along with a coaching staff that did not always put their players in the best positions to succeed. That won't be the case with Mike Macdonald & his staff. I also get the sense that he runs a much tighter ship than Carroll did in his time here. There might be an adjustment period for them early on. But they'll improve as the season progresses.

There we're also other factors that worked against them last year. The offensive line was decimated by injury & they we're rotating guys in & out practically each week. The other factor that worked against them was the schedule. They had the 4th most difficult SOS last season. They had a brutal stretch of games against teams like Baltimore, SF (twice), the Rams, Dallas & Philly in the month of November/December. You add it up & it's easy to see why they underachieved in 2023.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,924

Post#5 » by hermes » Fri May 24, 2024 5:48 pm

don't see the vikings odds there, must be some kind of oversight - we've got sam darnold as our quarterback for crying out loud
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 24, 2024 7:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:The O/U for wins is 7.5 for Seattle. Which is low. Bet the over.

They won 9 games last year with a defense that was last in a lot of categories. That was mostly due to the scheme, along with a coaching staff that did not always put their players in the best positions to succeed. That won't be the case with Mike Macdonald & his staff. I also get the sense that he runs a much tighter ship than Carroll did in his time here. There might be an adjustment period for them early on. But they'll improve as the season progresses.

There we're also other factors that worked against them last year. The offensive line was decimated by injury & they we're rotating guys in & out practically each week. The other factor that worked against them was the schedule. They had the 4th most difficult SOS last season. They had a brutal stretch of games against teams like Baltimore, SF (twice), the Rams, Dallas & Philly in the month of November/December. You add it up & it's easy to see why they underachieved in 2023.

Spoken like a true Seahawk fan. :thumbsup:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,833

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 24, 2024 7:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The O/U for wins is 7.5 for Seattle. Which is low. Bet the over.

I'm applying common sense.

If you're a betting man, you'd be foolish not to take the over.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 24, 2024 8:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I'm applying common sense.

If you're a betting man, you'd be foolish not to take the over.

Take the Cowboys and the under. Sure bet. :D
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,236

Post#9 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 24, 2024 9:40 pm

I BELIEVE IN USCs Sam Darnold
Minnesota Vikings!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 29, 2024 4:07 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I BELIEVE IN USCs Sam Darnold
Minnesota Vikings!

I worry about you sometimes. :wink: :lol: Unless you are sleeping with Hermes and then it would make sense. :wink:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,924

Post#11 » by hermes » Thu May 30, 2024 12:11 am

we have addison and blackmon too

its trojans all the way down, how can we lose?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 51,749

Post#12 » by DOT » Thu May 30, 2024 2:24 pm

hermes wrote:its trojans all the way down, how can we lose?

I hear Trojans don't have a good track record with horses.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/CP3
Shaedon Sharpe/Ochai Agbaji
Keldon Johnson/Taylor Hendricks
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Clint Capela/Mark Williams

Bench: Nikola Topic, Kyle Filipkowski, Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Jericho Sims
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,777

Post#13 » by wco81 » Sun Jun 2, 2024 4:02 pm

Do you guys really place bets before the season begins on who wins the SB?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 2, 2024 5:58 pm

wco81 wrote:Do you guys really place bets before the season begins on who wins the SB?

I usually put in at least 4-6 prop bets before the season starts, yes.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,236

Post#15 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jun 4, 2024 1:43 pm

I GOT the VIKINGS VS TEXANS super bowl. I reserve the right to edit and erase this prediction
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 1, 2024 2:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:So Dallas has an 80% chance of making the playoffs, and a 7% chance of winning the SB.

Honestly that sounds spot-on to me. I have no idea how these percentages were determined but they feel legit.

Current odds are determined by the number of people that have already placed money on a certain team or teams. Just like at the track when you bet on horses. Odds do change however throughout the season as more folks place their bets.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 1, 2024 3:02 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I GOT the VIKINGS VS TEXANS super bowl. I reserve the right to edit and erase this prediction

You should edit and erase before the season starts. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Micah Prescott
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,386

Post#18 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Sep 1, 2024 3:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:So Dallas has an 80% chance of making the playoffs, and a 7% chance of winning the SB.

Current odds are determined by the number of people that have already placed money on a certain team or teams. Just like at the track when you bet on horses. Odds do change however throughout the season as more folks place their bets.

That's Vegas odds. It doesn't say anything about point spreads or placing a bet here. I mean maybe those are Vegas odds, but there is nothing stating as such.

Vegas Super Bowl odds are usually listed much different also...

KC 1/5
Dallas 1/20
Philly 1/10,000

etc
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 1, 2024 3:32 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

That's Vegas odds. It doesn't say anything about point spreads or placing a bet here. I mean maybe those are Vegas odds, but there is nothing stating as such.

Vegas odds, point spreads, parlays, teasers, etc., are determined by the betting public Micah. It's that damn simple. And the odds change daily by what the betting public is doing on that day and placing their money on.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 1, 2024 3:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Vegas Super Bowl odds are usually listed much different also...

KC 1/5
Dallas 1/20
Philly 1/10,000

etc

Sometime there is a point spread and sometimes there is a money line. Both are still determined by the betting public.

Return to The General NFL Board