Read on Twitter

Another QB on the market...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Re: AJ McCarron - Free Agent 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:28 pm

If Bengals are smart, (which there not) they keep this kid and get rid of Dalton.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If Bengals are smart, (which there not) they keep this kid and get rid of Dalton.

Reading up on what led to this thing, I don't think there is a chance in hell he would ever play under Mike Brown again.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#4 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am

Do the Browns sign him and still draft a QB? (similar to last year when the Bears signed Glennon and still drafted Trubisky?)
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#5 » by FNQ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If Bengals are smart, (which there not) they keep this kid and get rid of Dalton.

If they were *really* smart, they would have already acknowledged that Dalton isnt the answer and given AJ a chance to see if he was worth pursuing in the offseason.

But they are not. They kept Dalton, they kept Marvin, they lost their excellent DC, and their 'prize' RB can't hit a hole unless you remove the L and the E. Might as well hire Jeff Fisher. And free AJ Green while theyre at it
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#6 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:36 am

G Buckets wrote:Do the Browns sign him and still draft a QB? (similar to last year when the Bears signed Glennon and still drafted Trubisky?)

Depends on the market for McCarron. Personally I have my reservations about him. I mean dude couldn’t even beat out Andy Dalton.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#7 » by Mich3006 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 am

Mr B wrote:
G Buckets wrote:Do the Browns sign him and still draft a QB? (similar to last year when the Bears signed Glennon and still drafted Trubisky?)

Depends on the market for McCarron. Personally I have my reservations about him. I mean dude couldn’t even beat out Andy Dalton.

McCarron isn´t on the top tier and I really think (hope) the Browns will land Cousins.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#8 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Mr B wrote:

I don’t know that ever given a chance to beat out Dalton.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Mr B wrote:

See to me that speaks volumes. I think if he was showing this elite talent in practice they would have given him a chance. I can’t say that I ever remember him balling out during preseason or even when he did get a chance to play when Dalton was out. I could be wrong I just don’t see him being a team’s franchise QB. A serviceable backup, sure. But not a franchise QB.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Mr B wrote:

See to me that speaks volumes. I think if he was showing this elite talent in practice they would have given him a chance. I can’t say that I ever remember him balling out during preseason or even when he did get a chance to play when Dalton was out. I could be wrong I just don’t see him being a team’s franchise QB. A serviceable backup, sure. But not a franchise QB.

By the same token... Mike Brown has a few more bucks invested in Dalton. And - Marvin Lewis answers to Mike Brown.

You know... kind of the way things work down here with our heroes?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#11 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Mr B wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Mr B wrote:

It's fair to judge him on his play, but Dalton was the chosen franchise QB with a lot of money invested in him. McCarron not getting a chance to start doesn't mean a lot.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

By the same token... Mike Brown has a few more bucks invested in Dalton. And - Marvin Lewis answers to Mike Brown.

Yea that’s true. Still though, I don’t ever remember him balling out when he did get on the field. I’m comparing his play to the way Dak balled out in preseason his rookie year. I’ve never seen McCarron play anywhere close to that level when he was able to get on the field.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yea that’s true. Still though, I don’t ever remember him balling out when he did get on the field. I’m comparing his play to the way Dak balled out in preseason his rookie year. I’ve never seen McCarron play anywhere close to that level when he was able to get on the field.

No quarrel with me on that one. Besides - I'd need a way larger sample size from McCarron than what is currently available before even considering an offer like the bag of money Cousins is going to get..

Return to The General NFL Board