Wildcard Weekend Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Re: Wildcard Weekend Thread 

Post#461 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:24 am

goober wrote:I think the Steelers would be a good landing spot for Jimmy G

Is there anyway the Steelers could land Herbert?
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#462 » by goober » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:32 am

azcatz11 wrote:

I very much doubt it, I think he likes LA and the Chargers have no reason to get rid of a promising QB on a rookie contract.

Russell Wilson, Jimmy G, and Aaron Rodgers will be veterans that are available. Everything i’ve seen is Rodgers is heading west, so probably Las Vegas or San Francisco.

Maybe Wilson to the Steelers could happen? Jimmy G seems like the most realistic to me but who knows, Stafford to the Rams was shocking last year
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#463 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:48 am

goober wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I very much doubt it, I think he likes LA and the Chargers have no reason to get rid of a promising QB on a rookie contract.

Russell Wilson, Jimmy G, and Aaron Rodgers will be veterans that are available. Everything i’ve seen is Rodgers is heading west, so probably Las Vegas or San Francisco.

Maybe Wilson to the Steelers could happen? Jimmy G seems like the most realistic to me but who knows, Stafford to the Rams was shocking last year

As long as Pete is still coaching, Wilson isn't leaving. Carroll does not want to trade him & rebuild. If that we're the case, then he'd quit. Both Carroll & Wilson are tied together & are staying.

You want a realistic name that's available? Deshaun Watson. But I don't see him ending up in Pittsburgh.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#464 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:18 am

OH well that was brutal to watch. Hopefully MNF will be more exciting & entertaining.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,470

Post#465 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:11 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
The arm talent is drastically different between these two guys though. The whole question with Allen coming into the NFL was could he tighten up his delivery some so he could become more accurate. His natural arm talent was as good as anyone has seen in a long long time, that is why he was a top 10 pick. One of the main reasons Hurts dropped to the end of the 2nd round was because of questions with the potential with his arm. He has an average to below average arm strength while having a long slow delivery.

Allen can make throws that Hurts will never be able to make. All you gotta do is watch one game each of those guys and its beyond obvious there is just a massive difference with their passing ability.

Its not just a Hurts vs Allen thing. I say the same thing for Herbert against a guy like Tua. All you gotta do is watch one game of each guy and its a clear clear difference with what they can do throwing the ball.

Sure, but often times it comes down to other things and intangibles. Joe Montana was known for not having arm strength and Luck and Brady were not known for arm strength.

In general, I think it takes time for QBs to get used to NFL speed and being able to make all your reads to make accurate throws, just like Josh Allen had a lot of trouble with his first two years. There are rare exceptions though, like Mahomes, Herbert and Burrow. Heck everyone was rating Lawrence as a great and a higher franchise QB than already established QBs before he played a game and he had under a 72 passer rating. Hurts had over an 87.

I think Hurts is a guy that works hard to improve too. I thought he wasn't all that great at Alabama, despite having the most loaded team. But at OKLA I thought he was a super stud. He did have CeeDee Lamb but part of his game is running too.

Being a dual threat makes it tougher on defenses these days and he ran for almost 800 yards in 15 games.

But again, my point wasn't that he will be as good as Allen but that it may take a while to get better and used to the NFL game like it did with Allen, and he started out better. Arm strength and all that matters when being rated as a prospect, but production is more important as a starter.

I don't think he will be as good as Allen but he should be an avg NFL QB who can be a starter. Got his team into the playoffs his first full year. If you are just saying he won't win a SB, maybe not, but few QBs do.

I mean Brady and Luck maybe didnt have freakish arm strength, but their arm strength was still never questioned. Also those 3 guys are/were freakish when it comes to mastering the position. The combination of being able to read a defense, make the right throw, and make an accurate throw. Those guys mastered that.

My issue with Hurts is I dont think he is much of a dual threat. Defenses dont respect his ability to throw the ball. Philly averaged 200 yards passing per game this year, that isnt an effective passing game. Again when it comes to strictly the ability to throw the football, I think you could make the argument that Hurts is the worst or at minimum bottom 5 in the league out of the starters. Then throw in he isnt a good pocket passer, he isnt the most accurate passer, and doesnt have a strong arm. I just dont see much potential with him is all.

There is just nothing about his throwing game that makes me excited about what may come in the future.

Maybe not. I think right now he's a bit below avg starter which is ok for a guy starting his first year and probably will end up more of a Lamar Jackson type.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,470

Post#466 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:15 am

goober wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Yeah, not sure how they could land him. Chargers won't trade him. Herbert grew up a Chargers fan. There are pictures of him when he was a kid wearing a Chargers jersey.

rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,284

Post#467 » by rockmanslim » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:42 am

Ceedee Lamb was held to one reception, whoa.

But what's weird is the boxscore shows he had 1 reception for 21 yards, but his longest reception was for 11 yards.

Huh? How does that work? Does not compute.

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58827/DAL_Gamebook.pdf
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326629
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#468 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:02 am

What was noticed by me, was the linebacker play of the 9ers. They have 1 guy. Forgot his name #57, but I didn't know he was out, but he returned. This #57 linebacker paired with #54 is an outstanding combo. With all the talk of the Cowboys #11, these guys played as if they were over looked, and blanketed the passing lanes. The major mistakes of them almost losing imo, was the play of garrapollo. But the defense was solid this past game, and that was evident.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,781

Post#469 » by makubesu » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:42 pm

Since I live in the other side of the planet, I usually watch a recorded version of the games. This works fine as long as I avoid spoilers. Well today I messed up, loading a news site, and saw “Cowboys rally”. I was bummed out (both because of the spoilers and because I favor SF), but decided to watch the game just to see how Jimmy G did.

So put yourself in my shoes: watching that game, believing that the Cowboys would win with near certainty. It was a crazy experience. It never occurred to me that a “but fall short” could be the part of the headline I didn’t read.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#470 » by Worm Guts » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:29 pm

makubesu wrote:Since I live in the other side of the planet, I usually watch a recorded version of the games. This works fine as long as I avoid spoilers. Well today I messed up, loading a news site, and saw “Cowboys rally”. I was bummed out (both because of the spoilers and because I favor SF), but decided to watch the game just to see how Jimmy G did.

So put yourself in my shoes: watching that game, believing that the Cowboys would win with near certainty. It was a crazy experience. It never occurred to me that a “but fall short” could be the part of the headline I didn’t read.

That sounds like an awesome turn of events for you.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#471 » by TGW » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:29 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The refs are literally are playing for SF

And tackled Dak

Give me a break. It’s not the refs fault the moronic cowboys had no timeouts left. And it’s the refs job to spot the ball, not the center. Prescott’s dumb ass handed the ball to the center instead of the ref, and ultimately that’s what ended the game. The ref did his job.

And the stupid cowgirls fans who threw junk at the ref are just as stupid as Prescott.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#472 » by Pharmcat » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:54 pm

TGW wrote:

And tackled Dak

Give me a break. It’s not the refs fault the moronic cowboys had no timeouts left. And it’s the refs job to spot the ball, not the center. Prescott’s dumb ass handed the ball to the center instead of the ref, and ultimately that’s what ended the game. The ref did his job.

And the stupid cowgirls fans who threw junk at the ref are just as stupid as Prescott.

When cowboys practice that play in practice , do they have a ref? The answer is obviously no and they practiced dak giving it to center. They failed and it falls on the HC
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#473 » by Pharmcat » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:55 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:What was noticed by me, was the linebacker play of the 9ers. They have 1 guy. Forgot his name #57, but I didn't know he was out, but he returned. This #57 linebacker paired with #54 is an outstanding combo. With all the talk of the Cowboys #11, these guys played as if they were over looked, and blanketed the passing lanes. The major mistakes of them almost losing imo, was the play of garrapollo. But the defense was solid this past game, and that was evident.

That’s Dre greenlaw
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#474 » by Pharmcat » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
goober wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Yeah, not sure how they could land him. Chargers won't trade him. Herbert grew up a Chargers fan. There are pictures of him when he was a kid wearing a Chargers jersey.

Why in the world would chargers trade Herbert :lol:

Steelers will roll with mason because they have always been a conservative play it safe front office .at best they swing a trade up for Kenny Pickett
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,276

Post#475 » by DOT » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:57 pm

Fun fact

Since their inception in 1995, the Jaguars have won 7 playoff games

Since 1995, the Cowboys have won 7 playoff games. This includes their 1995 Super Bowl win.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,532

Post#476 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:44 pm

rockmanslim wrote:Ceedee Lamb was held to one reception, whoa.

But what's weird is the boxscore shows he had 1 reception for 21 yards, but his longest reception was for 11 yards.

Huh? How does that work? Does not compute.

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58827/DAL_Gamebook.pdf
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326629

Did that have something to do with the lateral play at the end?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#477 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:48 pm

goober wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

wouldnt surprised me if rodgers goes to pittsburgh, he was flirting with tomlin after their game. wilson probably goes to giants or another big market, he wanted out after a 12-4 season so you know he is out the door after this year's hot mess, his wife probably bored in seattle.

jimmy g will find a spot towards the end of the musical chairs, there arent any good qbs in the draft so he will have suitors.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#478 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:03 pm

TGW wrote:

And tackled Dak

somebody in one of the radio shows compared cowboys to trust fund babies, it is never their fault and want everything handed to them even though they have been a bigger loser than the jaguars last 25 years, quite apt i say.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#479 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 am

Not to pat myself on the back or anything but I won a really nice bet on the Chiefs last night…

I’m going cardinals tonight +3.5
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#480 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:32 am

Rams fans are all over TV here in LA. Sad. Not a Rams fan, but we could see alot of crying just like the Cowboys fans were last night in TV
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to The General NFL Board