Smack talk thread?

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,599

Re: Smack talk thread? 

Post#101 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: I finally know what its like to be an old Patriot, Lion and Browns fan. We stated from scratch in 1960. Made our first NFL Championship game in 1966. The Patriots had to wait 43 years. God forbid that happens for the Cowboys now. I may not see another Super Bowl as I approach my golden years.

C'mon now. You have had some decent teams since the 90's. Some playoff teams. Along with the Super Bowls. You really are getting ahead of yourself. I mean you almost played in the Nfc championship game, had they ruled that a catch by Dez :wink:. A lot of fans would kill to be in your position.

Depends on how you define decent. Actually the Dez Bryant catch/no catch had hardly nothing to do with us losing that game to the Packers 2 seasons ago. It was the previous 2 series before that were we lost the game. remember, Cowboys had the momentum, had the lead and the ball almost at mid field. Then Murray once again breaks though the line of scrimmage for about 12 yards, and then he was stripped from behind and lost the ball. Then as usual our suckie defense can't hold and we give up the lead and we all remember what happened after that. The stars just aligned for us that year and we stayed fairly healthy for a change. We played catch up most of the year because of our defense. And the only other Cowboy team that I can remember was the 2009 Cowboys. Lost Divisional round home game to the Giants. Your talking the dropped ball and over throw by Romo. Remember, in that game the Cowboy defense gave a a T.D. just before the half and the winning T.D after the dropped pass.
Come on Cactus. Can we borrow your Seahawk defense this year to go with our offense? I want one more Super Bowl and then I'll give them back. I can't stand this cancerous Jerry world I'm currently living in.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,833

Post#102 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: I finally know what its like to be an old Patriot, Lion and Browns fan. We stated from scratch in 1960. Made our first NFL Championship game in 1966. The Patriots had to wait 43 years. God forbid that happens for the Cowboys now. I may not see another Super Bowl as I approach my golden years.

C'mon now. You have had some decent teams since the 90's. Some playoff teams. Along with the Super Bowls. You really are getting ahead of yourself. I mean you almost played in the Nfc championship game, had they ruled that a catch by Dez :wink:. A lot of fans would kill to be in your position.

Depends on how you define decent. Actually the Dez Bryant catch/no catch had hardly nothing to do with us losing that game to the Packers 2 seasons ago. It was the previous 2 series before that were we lost the game. remember, Cowboys had the momentum, had the lead and the ball almost at mid field. Then Murray once again breaks though the line of scrimmage for about 12 yards, and then he was stripped from behind and lost the ball. Then as usual our suckie defense can't hold and we give up the lead and we all remember what happened after that. The stars just aligned for us that year and we stayed fairly healthy for a change. We played catch up most of the year because of our defense. And the only other Cowboy team that I can remember was the 2009 Cowboys. Lost Divisional round home game to the Giants. Your talking the dropped ball and over throw by Romo. Remember, in that game the Cowboy defense gave a a T.D. just before the half and the winning T.D after the dropped pass.
Come on Cactus. Can we borrow your Seahawk defense this year to go with our offense? I want one more Super Bowl and then I'll give them back. I can't stand this cancerous Jerry world in currently living in.

15-20 years ago, I would have killed to be in your shoes. The 90's were an awful time for us. We had an owner that tried to move the team. Missed out on Drew Bledsoe & got stuck with Rick Mirer. Due to that we had a revolving door at QB. 9-7 was considered a good year. Just one playoff appearance in the entire decade.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#103 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Browns should have more. They have been in the NFL 28 more years than most teams. Only had to compete against 7 other teams most of the time. Since 1960 we've had to compete with 17 other teams year in and year out. Actually belong in the NFC as one of the original 8. Its been almost 60 years since their last. I suppose you call the last 60 years success though because they made the playoffs a handful of times.

what I called them was historically superior in total championships because they are historically superior in total championships.
stop complaining about getting 3 championships with Jerry.
That s obviously superior to Tom Landry and his 2 measly championships lol

and stop saying 'we'. You didnt do a damn thing but buy a ticket

Here's the deal... if the Cowboys defense stinks to the point they start 2-4, you will see me state clearly "Man - we suck!!!" If they win the NFC East and compete in the playoffs, I will clearly state "We have a chance". I will also expect you to kiss our playoff rings. Particularly as the Rams aren't sniffing a playoff berth.

8-)

I dont expect the Rams to in the first place.
3 qbs Will start for the Rams before season ends.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#104 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That's why from 1966 to 1985 was such a special time for me growing up. It wasn't just the super bowl hardware, it was the experience, the ride and always being proud and exciting. Hell, we had 20 straight seasons without a losing record. Only missed the playoffs once during that span (lost in a tie breaker in a strike year in 1974). It was the experience of always being there and close. Even when we didn't win the super bowl or get to the super bowl, we were always knocking on the door. Christ, we were in 12 NFC/NFL Championship games in a 17 year span that has never been matched. We had one of the greatest legendary coaches of all time who help shape and set the standard for how football is played today with the help of one of the greatest GM's in football history, Tex Schramm. I really don't think the younger poster's, especially those who just hate the Cowboys, what that standard has done for today's NFL. So lighten up a bit guys. I grew up spoiled from day one with probably way too much success than I ever expected. I see what Jerry has done since day one. He sickens me. Maybe someday we can win despite him but don't see it regardless of the talent we currently have. These past 17 years and lack of success on the football field (and off), is something I have never experienced before. I finally know what its like to be an old Patriot, Lion and Browns fan. We stated from scratch in 1960. Made our first NFL Championship game in 1966. The Patriots had to wait 43 years. God forbid that happens for the Cowboys now. I may not see another Super Bowl as I approach my golden years.

Jerry Jones got 3 SBs and youre complaining?
Tex and Landry only won 2 SBs.
3>2

Dallas couldnt beat Pitt like Pats couldnt beat Giants. Maybe that makes Knoll a superior coach and theyre GM superior? was Knoll the GM for Pitt too? knoll won 4, Landry won 2. Knoll >Landry

We had one of the greatest legendary coaches of all time who help shape and set the standard for how football is played today with the help of one of the greatest GM's in football history, Tex Schramm. I really don't think the younger poster's, especially those who just hate the Cowboys, what that standard has done for today's NFL. So lighten up a bit guys. I grew up spoiled from day one with probably way too much success than I ever expected.

care to tell me what watching a team win on your tv has ever done for the betterment of your life? Did it help your job,marriage,finances?
who's we? all you did was watch a game on tv.

First of all, Jerry didn't deliver 3 Super Bowls. That was all Jimmy Johnson. All Jerry did was run his mouth, get drunk and write the checks. That team should have won more if cancer Jerry didn't start to dismantle things before their third.
Pittsburgh was the team of the decade of the 70's and the AFC was the superior conference during that span. Yea, we only won 2 of 5 Super Bowls we made during the decade but at least we saved a little face for the NFC. We sure as hell didn't get any help from the Vikings and Rams chocking all decade.
I'm here to talk football in any shape or form. I'm not here to talk about anyone's job, marriage, divorce, finances, kids or failures of life, etc., By the way Ernie, what's up with the emotion? You've been telling me and everyone in here for weeks now that we should bring emotional investment to our teams and passions. You should practice what you preach.

First of all, Jerry didn't deliver 3 Super Bowls. That was all Jimmy Johnson.

Jerry is the only reason Jimmy was allowed anywhere near the team.
His decision made it happen. If he's so bad at decisions,how come that one lead to 3 Championships?
He didnt even need Jimmy for the last one.

All Jerry did was run his mouth, get drunk and write the checks.

every owner does that,whats your point? lol
thats actually the most important part of a pro football team=the money.Its the reason its pro football.Its the only reason you are watching it on national tv.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,996

Post#105 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:50 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
what I called them was historically superior in total championships because they are historically superior in total championships.
stop complaining about getting 3 championships with Jerry.
That s obviously superior to Tom Landry and his 2 measly championships lol

and stop saying 'we'. You didnt do a damn thing but buy a ticket

Here's the deal... if the Cowboys defense stinks to the point they start 2-4, you will see me state clearly "Man - we suck!!!" If they win the NFC East and compete in the playoffs, I will clearly state "We have a chance". I will also expect you to kiss our playoff rings. Particularly as the Rams aren't sniffing a playoff berth.

8-)

I dont expect the Rams to in the first place.
3 qbs Will start for the Rams before season ends.

And I don't think the Cowboys will be in First place either. I don't care how good this offense "could" be. The Defense is going to be a struggle. I think the Gints will be better simply by default. I'm like most Redskins fans when it comes to Cousins though. Do that again and prove to me that was real.

And - the Iggles suck.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#106 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:29 pm

There is nothing superior about Jerry over Landry. You just don't understand Football and the NFL. There's a reason why Landry was named Mr. Cowboy and his team called, "America's Team". The rich tradition, etc., was already established and built before drunk ass Jerry came with his wreaking ball of ego. I would bet everything I'm worth today that you can't find a Cowboy fan that will say Jerry is superior to Landry. How many Ram coaches are in the hall of fame? How many Ram coaches are considered legendary an innovators of the game with the likes of Halas and Lombardi? Do you know of any coaches that started out scratch and lasted 29 years? Do you know any other coaches that lasted 29 years with one team period and built what he built? Case closed.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 58,394

Post#107 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:39 pm

The Cowboys were well respected during the Landry era and competed most every year. For a stretch after he built his team they made the playoffs 17 of 18 years and 18 of 20. Then they were around 500 a couple years, than they had one year.

Jerry bought the team, and for no other reason than a Herschel Walker trade that was terribly lopsided, it allowed them to stack their team and dominate for a five or six years in the early to mid 90s. Since then they have been mostly mediocre and been to the playoffs only 5 out of 16 years.

When you are good year in and year out for 20 years, that's good ownership and management. The Herschel Walker trade (which never would have happened if Tex didn't get Walker in the first place) gave them a step up on the rest of the league for 5-6 years, and since then they miss the playoffs more than they make it. More than twice as much as they make it in the last 16 years. That's mediocre ownership and management.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#108 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:55 pm

There's a reason why Landry was named Mr. Cowboy and his team called, "America's Team"

yeah,the reason was the media made the **** up and the sheep said yes its true.
the reason was to sell a product to sports fans. The reason was to make spectator sports seem really important.
Its called making up propaganda and people buying it.

the Redskins are America's team by default lol :D
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#109 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:13 pm

mediocre and been to the playoffs only 5 out of 16 years.

theyve been to the playoffs 8 times in 20 years after their SB run. Totaling 11 playoff games
thats close to every other year. Mediocre teams dont make playoffs every other year.
mediocre means not very good. the cowboys are usually in the last 12 remaining teams,its the other 20 who arent very good.

when you are in the playoffs every other year,you stay in the American Conscience.

perception matters..the Chargers havent been that bad. Theyve been to playoffs 6 times since 2004,10 playoff games.
but no one remembers them because even when they make the playoffs,everyone basically knows deep down that they wont really get anything significant.. because they havent. ...second place finish to a same State rival
The Cowboys are worth more money bad than the Chargers ever will be when they have a good season.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#110 » by Wiscfan92 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:56 pm

A thread to troll? Count me in...

Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:There is nothing superior about Jerry over Landry. You just don't understand Football and the NFL. There's a reason why Landry was named Mr. Cowboy and his team called, "America's Team". The rich tradition, etc., was already established and built before drunk ass Jerry came with his wreaking ball of ego. I would bet everything I'm worth today that you can't find a Cowboy fan that will say Jerry is superior to Landry. How many Ram coaches are in the hall of fame? How many Ram coaches are considered legendary an innovators of the game with the likes of Halas and Lombardi? Do you know of any coaches that started out scratch and lasted 29 years? Do you know any other coaches that lasted 29 years with one team period and built what he built? Case closed.

Mr. Cowboy = Robert Lilly.

America's Team - Schramm agreed with NFL Films and Landry hated it.

Let's get our facts straight BJJ...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:36 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

theyve been to the playoffs 8 times in 20 years after their SB run. Totaling 11 playoff games
thats close to every other year. Mediocre teams dont make playoffs every other year.
mediocre means not very good. the cowboys are usually in the last 12 remaining teams,its the other 20 who arent very good.

when you are in the playoffs every other year,you stay in the American Conscience.

perception matters..the Chargers havent been that bad. Theyve been to playoffs 6 times since 2004,10 playoff games.
but no one remembers them because even when they make the playoffs,everyone basically knows deep down that they wont really get anything significant.. because they havent. ...second place finish to a same State rival
The Cowboys are worth more money bad than the Chargers ever will be when they have a good season.

My grandsons have never seen a successful Cowboys playoff team (and - as one is a Raiders fan, he doesn't even care). BJJ is right. Since 2000, a combo platter of bad drafts, bad free agent signings and bad cap management has essentially left the Cowboys in the same category with the Lions. Which once again points out the fact that Jerry is one hell of a business man. The saving grace the last couple of years is having a guy like Will McClay whose opinion Jerry trusts having a large say in personnel. Although... Jerry still screws up with these failed or unproductive 2nd Round picks the last 6 years.

I won't dispute the fact that the Chargers aren't in the same area code as the Cowboys value-wise. Even if they were to move to L.A.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#113 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:57 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

My grandsons have never seen a successful Cowboys playoff team (and - as one is a Raiders fan, he doesn't even care). BJJ is right. Since 2000, a combo platter of bad drafts, bad free agent signings and bad cap management has essentially left the Cowboys in the same category with the Lions. Which once again points out the fact that Jerry is one hell of a business man. The saving grace the last couple of years is having a guy like Will McClay whose opinion Jerry trusts having a large say in personnel. Although... Jerry still screws up with these failed or unproductive 2nd Round picks the last 6 years.

I won't dispute the fact that the Chargers aren't in the same area code as the Cowboys value-wise. Even if they were to move to L.A.

making the playoffs is in fact a successful season for all the reasons I mentioned. No amount of mental gymnastics takes away from that cold, hard fact. You just want to call it unsuccessful because a super bowl wasnt had.
Every owner only cares about a couple playoff games or a home playoff game because concessions are straight profit for them.
exposure leads to jersey sales even if its an away playoff game.
when you have multiple SB appearances in the time that theyve had them..you will drop off some. It has nothing to do with Jerry.
The Browns owned the 40s through the 60s,they had all their magic and its gone. The Cowboys owned the 70s and the 90s.
if they dont get an SB for 50 years theres nothing to complain about,they already beat the law of averages far too much.
The Patriots luck is now over either this year or next. Those fans wont get anything else for another 20 years because thats just how life is supposed to go.
The Cowboys may make the playoffs again this year though, I expect them to actually.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#114 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:57 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There is nothing superior about Jerry over Landry. You just don't understand Football and the NFL. There's a reason why Landry was named Mr. Cowboy and his team called, "America's Team". The rich tradition, etc., was already established and built before drunk ass Jerry came with his wreaking ball of ego. I would bet everything I'm worth today that you can't find a Cowboy fan that will say Jerry is superior to Landry. How many Ram coaches are in the hall of fame? How many Ram coaches are considered legendary an innovators of the game with the likes of Halas and Lombardi? Do you know of any coaches that started out scratch and lasted 29 years? Do you know any other coaches that lasted 29 years with one team period and built what he built? Case closed.

My facts are fine unless you disagree with the NFL network that called Landry the real Mr. Cowboy. I recently just saw this piece about 6 weeks ago. I was with you till I saw that piece. I always thought Lilly was Mr. Cowboy. Doesn't bother me if we cal them both that though.
I guess the main point of my argument is way over some people's head. Wow, just wow. The over all point I was trying to say and make was that Tom Landry(whatever you want to call him) was really the architect who built this franchise from scratch. There is nothing superior about Jerry Jones over Tom Landry in any aspect of building a football franchise and all football operations.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#115 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

My facts are fine unless you disagree with the NFL network that called Landry the real Mr. Cowboy. I recently just saw this piece about 6 weeks ago. I was with you till I saw that piece. I always thought Lilly was Mr. Cowboy. Doesn't bother me if we cal them both that though.
I guess the main point of my argument is way over some people's head. Wow, just wow. The over all point I was trying to say and make was that Tom Landry(whatever you want to call him) was really the architect who built this franchise from scratch. There is nothing superior about Jerry Jones over Tom Landry in any aspect of building a football franchise and all football operations.

3 SB WINS > 2 SB WINS

Landry couldnt beat a superior coach named Knoll
Dooms day defense sucked against Steel Curtain
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:12 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

I honestly don't give a good damn what the NFL Network says about anything. They are in the business of killing time in the offseason and revising history as they see it appropriate. Any Cowboys fan knows that Bob Lilly is and always will be Mr. Cowboy.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:19 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

making the playoffs is in fact a successful season for all the reasons I mentioned. No amount of mental gymnastics takes away from that cold, hard fact. You just want to call it unsuccessful because a super bowl wasnt had....

So - based on your statement, over the last 15 years we can say that the Cowboys were more successful than the Rams... and the Jets were more successful than the Cowboys or the Rams.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#118 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:22 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

making the playoffs is in fact a successful season for all the reasons I mentioned. No amount of mental gymnastics takes away from that cold, hard fact. You just want to call it unsuccessful because a super bowl wasnt had....

So - based on your statement, over the last 15 years we can say that the Cowboys were more successful than the Rams... and the Jets were more successful than the Cowboys or the Rams.

the Jets fall under the same class as the Chargers,no one cares about them until they win it all.
25 playoff games since 1960, One SB, doesnt compare to 60 in 56 years along with 8 SB appearances.
based on the past 15,the Rams have nothing to do with the Conversation.Historically the Rams have much more successful sports history than the Jets.
Are you expecting me to worry about negative Rams comments? :D Theyve done poorly,I dont care.
Sorry, I'm not like Jersey. I dont worship a team and defend people on it I dont know, who dont care about me.

the Fact is the Rams may have another bad year but when this season is over,there will be a whole lot of changes and youll be sick of hearing about the Rams every day for the next 5 years in sports media. Youll forget the Patriots even existed.
but somehow,some way , the Cowboys will manage to stay relevant as they always have.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 58,394

Post#119 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:30 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

the Jets fall under the same class as the Chargers,no one cares about them until they win it all.
25 playoff games since 1960, One SB, doesnt compare to 60 in 56 years along with 8 SB appearances.
based on the past 15,the Rams have nothing to do with the Conversation.Historically the Rams have much more successful sports history than the Jets.
Are you expecting me to worry about negative Rams comments? :D Theyve done poorly,I dont care.
Sorry, I'm not like Jersey. I dont worship a team and defend people on it I dont know, who dont care about me.

the Fact is the Rams may have another bad year but when this season is over,there will be a whole lot of changes and youll be sick of hearing about the Rams every day for the next 5 years in sports media. Youll forget the Patriots even existed.
but somehow,some way , the Cowboys will manage to stay relevant as they always have.

I couldn't care less who cares about the Chargers. I'll care. I am underdog type of guy anyways. I've never wanted to bandwagon to the popular team to claim I'm a fan of a team people care about. I'm loyal to the team I grew up with years ago and that will never change.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:43 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

Your statement was essentially success = playoff appearance. The Rams made 4 appearances. The Cowboys 5. The Jets 6. I'm not degrading the Rams nor am I putting the J-E-T-S up in a pedestal. I only pointing out that 5 playoff appearances and 2 wins (not to mention one horrendous loss in the 2007 playoffs against the Giants) does not equate to "success". I would much rather have the Rams Super Bowl trophy than the Jets "success".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to The General NFL Board