2008 Pro Bowl Rosters

Moderator: bwgood77

JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#101 » by JaxMagic » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:18 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:It also sounded like during the broadcast, if he hadn't gotten injured Parker was talking about letting Fred take his spot anyways (apparently they're good friends and work out together during the offseason) . But we wont know now.

Yeah, the two of them work out in Miami during the offseason and are very good friends. Parker has said that he would back out for Fred, whether he would have, I don't know. I hope Willie gets well soon, this isn't the way I wanted Fred to get in.
treyZz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#102 » by treyZz » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:41 pm

MrLynch07 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats just cuz ur a bears fan.

He is an average player.. Like he showed today.

I cannot believe the hype that surrounds this guy.

Packers get steam rolled by the Orton led Chicago Bears LOL.. No chance GB makes the SB.

And I think we all saw who the real MLB was out there today.
treyZz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#103 » by treyZz » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:44 pm

And Barnett acting like an idiot with 2 minutes left on the clock and his team down 28.

He's an over rated POS.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,494

Post#104 » by CBS7 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:48 pm

Tillman got snubbed, plain and simple. He's definitely one of the top CBs in the game. He's been great all year.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#105 » by Buck You » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:55 am

treyZz wrote:And Barnett acting like an idiot with 2 minutes left on the clock and his team down 28.

He's an over rated POS.

I turned the game off, what did he do?
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#106 » by travis minor » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:10 pm

jason taylor has played well enough to make the probowl

hes still facing constant double teams, and still has 11 sacks despite teams passing against the dolphins offense a league low 25 times a game (yes, its because they are ahead and they have a bad run defense, but impressive nonetheless).
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#107 » by vaff87 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:42 pm

Does anybody else think that it's a bit of a slap in the face to Sean Taylor that Roy Williams was selected to replace him on the pro bowl roster? Ignoring the fact that he plays on the Redskins biggest rival, he's also a flat out scrub who should be nowhere near the pro bowl. I don't understand how this guy keeps making it, him being selected to replace Taylor just bugs me for some reason.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#108 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:57 pm

vaff87 wrote:Does anybody else think that it's a bit of a slap in the face to Sean Taylor that Roy Williams was selected to replace him on the pro bowl roster? Ignoring the fact that he plays on the Redskins biggest rival, he's also a flat out scrub who should be nowhere near the pro bowl. I don't understand how this guy keeps making it, him being selected to replace Taylor just bugs me for some reason.

Its not about being selected to replace Taylor per se, its about how the **** did Roy get all those votes? Unlike some other leagues (NBA) the replacement choices are decided by the original vote results not a commissioner.

Somehow the coaches, players and fans think he should be going. And this cant solely be blamed on ignorant fans because some guys who led at their position in fan votes didnt even make the pro bowl.

The thing about Roy at least is hes one of the classiest guys in the league. And apparently
"I appreciate being the first alternate to go," Williams said. "We are going to do something special for Sean and his family. ... It's an honor to be going in his place."

Williams wouldn't elaborate on the plans to honor Taylor, who died Nov. 27 after being shot during a burglary at his home in Florida

I just looked at it and surprisingly Roy has the second best stats for safties in the NFC. I didnt realize he was that far up there, I guess all his dumbass blown coverages overshadow that too much.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#109 » by High 5 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:00 pm

Roy is one of the classiest guys in the league...which leg break gave you that idea?
vaff87
RealGM

Post#110 » by vaff87 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:52 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I just looked at it and surprisingly Roy has the second best stats for safties in the NFC. I didnt realize he was that far up there, I guess all his dumbass blown coverages overshadow that too much.

I don't have anything against Roy Williams when he's not playing football, off the field he does seem like a really good guy. It's just that on the field he's both a dirty player and a crappy player, and I have no idea how he continues to make the pro bowl. Good stats or not, we both know he's not a pro bowl caliber player.

There are many, many pro bowl caliber players who get snubbed every year, and somehow this guy gets in every season.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#111 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:14 pm

vaff87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't have anything against Roy Williams when he's not playing football, off the field he does seem like a really good guy. It's just that on the field he's both a dirty player and a crappy player, and I have no idea how he continues to make the pro bowl. Good stats or not, we both know he's not a pro bowl caliber player.

There are many, many pro bowl caliber players who get snubbed every year, and somehow this guy gets in every season.

You say that due to the horse collar. And while i agree thats a bad way to tackle, Roy isnt hitting guys after the play, or hitting guys out of bounds, poking guys inside the facemask, throwing dirty blocks or aiming for guys knees with his helmet, and hes not out there launching himself headfirst into other guys heads either.
Roy isnt trying to injure anyone out there.
vaff87
RealGM

Post#112 » by vaff87 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:39 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You say that due to the horse collar. And while i agree thats a bad way to tackle, Roy isnt hitting guys after the play, or hitting guys out of bounds, poking guys inside the facemask, throwing dirty blocks or aiming for guys knees with his helmet, and hes not out there launching himself headfirst into other guys heads either.
Roy isnt trying to injure anyone out there.

Maybe not, but he continues to use a move that has injured players and has been banned by the league. He doesn't even seem to realize it's wrong, evidenced by him jumping up and throwing a hissy fit after his latest horse collar penalty and then appealing the suspension. That play could have very easily caused a serious injury to McNabb, a guy who has a pretty extensive history of serious injuries and is just now fully recovering from his latest.

This dude's horse collar tackling may have even cost the Eagles a superbowl. There's no saying for sure if the Eagles would have or wouldn't have won the superbowl with a fully healthy TO in 2004.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#113 » by Fatty » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:56 pm

Injuries are part of the game, every team has them.

Is Jason Peters the 1st undrafted player to make the pro bowl?
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#114 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:24 am

Fatty wrote:Injuries are part of the game, every team has them.

Is Jason Peters the 1st undrafted player to make the pro bowl?

:rofl:

This season alone 12 undrafted guys were selected to the pro bowl. (Not all are first timers either)

Rod Smith made 3 pro bowls.

Kurt Warner made it a few times.

Larry Little (he was on the 72 dolphins) was a 5 time pro bowler and hall of famer

Warren Moon

Willie Wood (played for the Lombardi Packers) 8 pro bowls

Dick Night Train Lane

Emlen Tunnell (second all time with 79 INTs)

So to answer the question, not even close.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#115 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:28 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Roy isnt trying to injure anyone out there.

Then why does he continue to be the main offender of a move that was banned because of him and has injured many players? Even his own teammates say he needs to quit.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#116 » by B Mac » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:57 am

Icness wrote:The worst pick was Ogden, who is no better than the 4th best T in his own division, let alone the entire AFC. He wasn't even the best T on his own team most of this year, and their offense is awful.

Hard to argue against Gates and Gonzo, but K2 is having a better year than either of those two, and he's a better blocker than Gates by a huge margin.

To add to what you had to say...

Im still confused by the Ogden choice. That was easily the worst of them all. Maybe its my Browns colored glasses but I thought Joe Thomas was a lock. Allowing something like 2 sacks all year was crazy, espcially for a rookie.

Also, Kellen will have to be put in one of these years I think. They cant keep justifying putting guys with worse stats in over him can they?

Im just happy to finally have some Browns back on the Pro Bowl. I might actually watch it again.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#117 » by studcrackers » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:42 am

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Then why does he continue to be the main offender of a move that was banned because of him and has injured many players? Even his own teammates say he needs to quit.

b/c its instinct and he possesses poor tackling technique. when you're in the heat of the moment im sure its not on his list of things to do, if he does it im sure a couple minutes later he's thinking o sh*t but until the guy is on the ground all he's thinking about is getting that guy on the ground.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes

Return to The General NFL Board