Free Agency Frenzy

Moderator: bwgood77

tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Re: Free Agency Frenzy 

Post#121 » by tres » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Justin Fields to the Gang!!! Let’s go Niners!!
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#122 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Wait...there's more!

Read on Twitter
Damn, the Dolphins played everyone
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,524

Post#123 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#124 » by goober » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:41 pm

tres wrote:Justin Fields to the Gang!!! Let’s go Niners!!

I want no part of Fields
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#125 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:42 pm

Goober wrote:I want no part of Fields

I'm all for it. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#126 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Goober wrote:
tres wrote:Justin Fields to the Gang!!! Let’s go Niners!!

I want no part of Fields

Read on Twitter
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#127 » by goober » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Good god if we traded 3 1sts for Mac **** Jones :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#128 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter

C'mon! :lol:
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#129 » by goober » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:47 pm

If Wilson isn't available 3 (I'm fully aware its quite likely he doesn't fall) I see this as a major loss for the Niners. I see Wilson and Lawerence as the clear 2 best QB's in this draft and on a tier of their own. I think Lance has the potential to be just as good but Mac **** Jones is just Jimmy G Jr

and DO NOT get me started on Fields
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#130 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Goober wrote:If Wilson isn't available 3 (I'm fully aware its quite likely he doesn't fall) I see this as a major loss for the Niners. I see Wilson and Lawerence as the clear 2 best QB's in this draft and on a tier of their own. I think Lance has the potential to be just as good but Mac **** Jones is just Jimmy G Jr

and DO NOT get me started on Fields

I can't see the Jets passing on Wilson.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#131 » by righterwriter » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

They should've just been honest with the reporter. That would've been great for his trade value :D
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,485

Post#132 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:06 pm

I will literally roll up in a ball and cry if we draft Mac Jones. I'd much rather roll the dice on Fields.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#133 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:08 pm

DP
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#134 » by righterwriter » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

They should've just been honest with the reporter. That would've been great for his trade value :D

Read on Twitter

I imagine the Niners FO are telling reporters that Jimmy is sticking around. To say anything else would serve no purpose at this point.
tres
Sophomore

Post#135 » by tres » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:45 pm

Apparently Fields is slept on, the dude is a beast. He has a real high ceiling, is very mobile, throws very timely passes & with the weapons the 49ers have with guys like Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk & that run game Justin will really thrive..
Read on Twitter

Personally I don’t get the hype behind Zach Wilson, Sure he’s had a good pro day but it’s different when you’re on the field & most important of all he played for BYU.. did BYU even play anybody important last year...
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#136 » by goober » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:25 pm

tres wrote:Apparently Fields is slept on, the dude is a beast. He has a real high ceiling, is very mobile, throws very timely passes & with the weapons the 49ers have with guys like Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk & that run game Justin will really thrive..
Read on Twitter

Personally I don’t get the hype behind Zach Wilson, Sure he’s had a good pro day but it’s different when you’re on the field & most important of all he played for BYU.. did BYU even play anybody important last year...

ohio state qb’s have a horrible history in the NFL.

who you play has nothing to do with how skills translate in the NFL. If I’m being honest, in my eyes Zach Wilson has displayed a much more all around skill at QB even compared to Trevor Lawerence, however Lawerence’s skill added in with his physical profile just makes him a more appealing prospect. Wilson’s pocket awareness and mobility will be very useful, especially coming in as a rookie QB. He’s a devoted football player, the kid drove 12 hours a week to california to work with John Beck and better his craft as a QB. His film study sessions are absolutely insane.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by righterwriter » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Goober wrote:
tres wrote:Apparently Fields is slept on, the dude is a beast. He has a real high ceiling, is very mobile, throws very timely passes & with the weapons the 49ers have with guys like Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk & that run game Justin will really thrive..
Read on Twitter

ohio state qb’s have a horrible history in the NFL.

who you play has nothing to do with how skills translate in the NFL. If I’m being honest, in my eyes Zach Wilson has displayed a much more all around skill at QB even compared to Trevor Lawerence, however Lawerence’s skill added in with his physical profile just makes him a more appealing prospect. Wilson’s pocket awareness and mobility will be very useful, especially coming in as a rookie QB. He’s a devoted football player, the kid drove 12 hours a week to california to work with John Beck and better his craft as a QB. His film study sessions are absolutely insane.

I think its just one of those things where NFL talent evaluators see things beyond what a common fan does.

If it were up to us, we'd go with the guy who throws for the most yards and TDs every year at the top of the draft, but of course it's not that simple.

What I'm hearing is that Zach Wilson has an insane arm, is a great student of the game, and has amazing recall abilities. I think its mostly his arm and a coach's ability to trust that he'll run the offense exactly like they want him to and also pull off some Josh Allen types of throws.

Justin Fields apparently has some issues making quick decisions, which scares a lot of coaches. Despite the talent on display, that's a big red flag. Sometimes these coaches over analyze (see Deshaun Watson falling to #15), but they are also right a lot of the time (see Dwayne Haskins falling despite stellar numbers at OSU).

Assuming Z.Wilson goes #2, I want the Niners to take Trey Lance. I know he's a bit of a project, but he's got it all and perhaps has the best chance to be elite. It's risky, especially if he has to start immediately, but if they can harness his talent then he could be the greatest pass/throw QB since...I don't even know. Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson, Cam and these mobile guys could never throw with the accuracy that Lance can. So maybe like Russell Wilson on steroids and more of an ability to break long runs regularly.
tres
Sophomore

Post#138 » by tres » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:08 pm

No thanks to Trey Lance, personally it would be a waste of time trading up to #3 for him...

Mac Jones is another Jimmy G so definitely no thank you & if Kyle & Lynch trade up for him they need to go smh... but keep sleeping on Fields tho, dude is a monster that has played in many big games & that’s a fact.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#139 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:21 pm

Aldon Smith resurfaced in the last two days only to get arrested for beating up his brother in law or something. I'm hearing the story third hand right now, but the details will come out in a few hours I'm assuming. Crazy how he was off the radar and screws up as soon as he signs a deal.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General NFL Board