NFL Draft

Moderator: bwgood77

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,730

Re: NFL Draft 

Post#221 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Please SF go out and get Aaron Rodgers! Tired of hearing about lance, Fields, Jones, I want RODGERS!!!!

Mamba Mentality wrote:Packers reject Niners offer

Niners leak they want Rodgers

Rodgers says he won't play for Packers again

Packers come crawling back and accept a lower offer

Shanahan and Lynch playing 4D chess

8-)

Read on Twitter
Ya I mean seemed like a long shot, we already mortgaged our future 1sts. I was happy with Lance tbh. Of the 3 guys we had to choose from he was my favorite. He's a taller Russel Wilson

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49,279

Post#222 » by DOT » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:51 pm

I just can't believe we took Etienne at 25

I mean, I can, it just doesn't bode well for our FO's roster construction ability

At least, I don't think we'd have gone for anyone taken after him, so we can still get someone at 33 we would have at 25, but still.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/CP3
Shaedon Sharpe/Ochai Agbaji
Keldon Johnson/Taylor Hendricks
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Clint Capela/Mark Williams

Bench: Nikola Topic, Kyle Filipkowski, Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Jericho Sims
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,598

Post#223 » by El Turco » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:12 pm

I think ettienne will be the best back in this draft, better than harris. But generally it is not a good idea to draft a rb in the first round especially when you already have good one. just ask seattle about rashaad penny..
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49,279

Post#224 » by DOT » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:41 pm

El Turco wrote:I think ettienne will be the best back in this draft, better than harris. But generally it is not a good idea to draft a rb in the first round especially when you already have good one. just ask seattle about rashaad penny..
Or Jacksonville about Leonard Fournette

I do like Etienne, and I think it'll be fun to watch him and Robinson, cause he adds a different dimension to the offense, and running back by committee works well

It's just not something you spend a first round pick on, especially when you have one of the worst defenses in the league, no safeties to speak of, and arguably the worst pass blocking tackle duo in the league.

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/CP3
Shaedon Sharpe/Ochai Agbaji
Keldon Johnson/Taylor Hendricks
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Clint Capela/Mark Williams

Bench: Nikola Topic, Kyle Filipkowski, Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Jericho Sims
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,603

Post#225 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:54 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I was happy with Lance tbh. Of the 3 guys we had to choose from he was my favorite. He's a taller Russel Wilson

No way José! :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,327

Post#226 » by Laimbeer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:30 pm

To move up from #20 to #9, the Bears gave a 2022 first-round pick, a 2021 fifth-round pick and a 2022 fourth-round pick. I guess the Lions thought drafting a OL at #7 was better than that deal. :noway:
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#227 » by goober » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:34 pm

Laimbeer wrote:To move up from #20 to #9, the Bears gave a 2022 first-round pick, a 2021 fifth-round pick and a 2022 fourth-round pick. I guess the Lions thought drafting a OL at #7 was better than that deal. :noway:

Sewell is a generational prospect at the line. His size mixed with athleticism gives him really high upside. Smart decision by the Lions
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#228 » by jwise44 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:40 pm

I am still laughing about the raiders, why do they reach every year? It’s so crazy to me that they don’t learn
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#229 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:56 pm

El Turco wrote:But generally it is not a good idea to draft a rb in the first round especially when you already have good one. just ask seattle about rashaad penny..

Speaking of good idea's....

A) 3rd overall pick, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 3rd Rounder = Trey Lance

B) 11th overall pick, 2022 1st, 4th Rounder, 5th Rounder = Justin Fields

C) 15th overall pick = Mac Jones

Had the Niners stayed put at 12 & swapped picks with Dallas (at 10) to take either Fields or Mac, they would have only had to have given up a 3rd in the process (Philly/Dallas deal). More importantly, they would still have first round picks the next two years.

If Mac Jones was indeed their 2nd option (after Lance), then worst case, you take him at 12. Keep your picks.

Is Trey Lance that much better than both Fields & Jones to justify giving up all that draft capital?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,714

Post#230 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Is Trey Lance that much better than both Fields & Jones to justify giving up all that draft capital?

Maybe? You figure only 2-3 of these QB's are going to pan out. As close as it may seem at draft time, there probably will be a significant gap over the course of their careers. If you get your guy and you're right, it's worth the capital.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#231 » by nymets1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:33 pm

NFL Rookies are now available in my espn NFL fantasy football leagues. I just looked at my 1st team and put in these wavier wire requests(if they go through or not)

1. Add Kyle Pitts, Drop Dalton Schultz
2 Add Najee Harris, Drop Jerry Jeudy
3. Add Jaylen Waddle, Drop Marvin Jones
4. Add Davonta Smith, Drop John Brown
5. Add Jamarr Chase, Drop Tre'quan Smith
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,124

Post#232 » by Pharmcat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:But generally it is not a good idea to draft a rb in the first round especially when you already have good one. just ask seattle about rashaad penny..

Speaking of good idea's....

A) 3rd overall pick, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 3rd Rounder = Trey Lance

B) 11th overall pick, 2022 1st, 4th Rounder, 5th Rounder = Justin Fields

C) 15th overall pick = Mac Jones

Had the Niners stayed put at 12 & swapped picks with Dallas (at 10) to take either Fields or Mac, they would have only had to have given up a 3rd in the process (Philly/Dallas deal). More importantly, they would still have first round picks the next two years.

If Mac Jones was indeed their 2nd option (after Lance), then worst case, you take him at 12. Keep your picks.

I agree....49ers should have waited and seen how the draft played out, they acted too fast.

Same with Mia trading back up to 6, is waddle really > than devonta + a 1st rounder?

you have to let the draft come to you
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,124

Post#233 » by Pharmcat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:30 pm

K-DOT wrote:
El Turco wrote:I think ettienne will be the best back in this draft, better than harris. But generally it is not a good idea to draft a rb in the first round especially when you already have good one. just ask seattle about rashaad penny..
Or Jacksonville about Leonard Fournette

I do like Etienne, and I think it'll be fun to watch him and Robinson, cause he adds a different dimension to the offense, and running back by committee works well

It's just not something you spend a first round pick on, especially when you have one of the worst defenses in the league, no safeties to speak of, and arguably the worst pass blocking tackle duo in the league.

agree Jags should go defense. But I can see why Steelers went with RB, they have struggled recently to draft a successful mid round RB (benny, mcfarland, just arent moving the needle). Steelers need to address O line with next 2 picks and they are good to go.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#234 » by nymets1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 pm

K-DOT wrote:I just can't believe we took Etienne at 25

I mean, I can, it just doesn't bode well for our FO's roster construction ability

At least, I don't think we'd have gone for anyone taken after him, so we can still get someone at 33 we would have at 25, but still.

Unless the Jaguars become a run heavy offense in Trevor Lawrence rookie season, than they be might giving a lot of carries for both Robinson and Etienne. I am a little worried about how this going to be affect James Robinson on my fantasy teams. Some teams I have 5 good RB'S in 8 team leagues and for those teams I moved James Robinson to the bench.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#235 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:57 pm

goober wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:To move up from #20 to #9, the Bears gave a 2022 first-round pick, a 2021 fifth-round pick and a 2022 fourth-round pick. I guess the Lions thought drafting a OL at #7 was better than that deal. :noway:

Sewell is a generational prospect at the line. His size mixed with athleticism gives him really high upside. Smart decision by the Lions

Yup, I definitely take Sewell over what it took to get the 5th best QB prospect in the draft.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#236 » by goober » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 pm

Ruzious wrote:
goober wrote:

Yup, I definitely take Sewell over what it took to get the 5th best QB prospect in the draft.

His father coached my brother this past season in high school football. Good family. Lions got a steal.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#237 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 pm

jwise44 wrote:I am still laughing about the raiders, why do they reach every year? It’s so crazy to me that they don’t learn

This is a classic Tom Cable pick. A guy with a big frame that struggles in Pass Pro. He'll play OT, but he's better suited to be a Guard full-time.

[Offensive lineman coach Tom] Cable has been all over him for months now.

Cable was a complete disaster here when he had input on guys coming out of the draft. Reaching for lineman & picks who we're considered project's year after year. They all had the same profile. Bust.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,673

Post#238 » by hermes » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:14 pm

well i'll just be hanging in the background, the vikes don't have a pick in the second but everyone and their brother knows that rick wants to trade up to get one. so who knows
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#239 » by Buzzard » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 pm

Trade in coming! Is Denver going for their QB? While the Falcons go for more depth/picks.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#240 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hard to believe the best running back in the draft is still on the board, Ja'vonte Williams- University North Carolina. Thought the Bills would take him and glad they didn't.

Denver just got him.

Return to The General NFL Board