63%

Total votes: 48

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Re: GT: Super Bowl XLVIII February 2, 2014 6:30 PM 

Post#381 » by Rich Rane » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:15 am

therealbig3 wrote:But the way he and the Broncos went out...does it change your opinion of him at all?

Probably not. I still think of him as a Top 5 QB. Even if he won convincingly, I probably wouldn't think of him as the best ever.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#382 » by EArl » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:16 am

Malcolm Smith with the MVP. T-House!!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#383 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:16 am

This is just gonna make me hate manning. I'm already sick of the talk. We have a browns fan of all people saying he wouldn't want him then people whining about how he's still the greatest (what a slight to joe Montana elway and Brady).
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#384 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:29 am

Young, Warner, and definitely Montana are all better than Manning. Brady, Marino, and Aikman are just as good as Manning. Other than that I don't think I'd argue for any other recent quarterback. Manning's poor performance doesn't change my mind one way or the other.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,573

Post#385 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:32 am

Celtsfan1980 wrote:Young, Warner, and definitely Montana are all better than Manning. Brady, Marino, and Aikman are just as good as Manning. Other than that I don't think I'd argue for any other recent quarterback. Manning's poor performance doesn't change my mind one way or the other.

Stop with the bold... Aikman, Warner? Please... those Cowboys teams were stacked. And Payton never had a back as good as Emmitt and Emmitt was probably more responsible for how good Dallas was than Aikman.

Faulk,Holt, and Bruce were insanely good when Warner won his in St Louis also better than what Peyton had in Indy.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#386 » by Da Schwab » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:36 am

Celtsfan1980 wrote:Young, Warner, and definitely Montana are all better than Manning. Brady, Marino, and Aikman are just as good as Manning. Other than that I don't think I'd argue for any other recent quarterback. Manning's poor performance doesn't change my mind one way or the other.

There's trolling, and then there's whatever this is. Which seems to be a mix of butthurt and sheer, unadulterated inability to grasp reality.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#387 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:48 am

My Seahawks are the best. The Broncos and their number-one-defense-of-all-time got TOTALLY DOMINATED BY US! I listened to all this shyt for the last two weeks about the big bad Broncos, and I knew that they hadn't faced real pain before, the kind of pain we were going to bring. I said my Seahawk offense was WAY underrated and was going to show it today. And they did. There was far too much talk about Peyton Manning these past weeks, and far too less about how great the Seahawks were, how special, immortal our defense was. DEFENSE RULED! Manning was NOTHING!!! The Broncos were NOTHING in the face of the Seahawks. NOTHING!!!

All the stupid experts who didn't know shyt, who didn't really know what a force we were...EAT ME!!! The Seahawks won, we're the best. Deal with it. You all SUCK!! Kiss my ASS!!!
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#388 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:55 am

Bulltalk wrote:My Seahawks are the best. The Broncos and their number-one-defense-of-all-time got TOTALLY DOMINATED BY US! I listened to all this shyt for the last two weeks about the big bad Broncos, and I knew that they hadn't faced real pain before, the kind of pain we were going to bring. I said my Seahawk offense was WAY underrated and was going to show it today. And they did. There was far too much talk about Peyton Manning these past weeks, and far too less about how great the Seahawks were, how special, immortal our defense was. DEFENSE RULED! Manning was NOTHING!!! The Broncos were NOTHING in the face of the Seahawks. NOTHING!!!

All the stupid experts who didn't know shyt, who didn't really know what a force we were...EAT ME!!! The Seahawks won, we're the best. Deal with it. You all SUCK!! Kiss my ASS!!!

Imagine if you actually had something to do with it? That would be sick.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#389 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 3:59 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:My Seahawks are the best. The Broncos and their number-one-defense-of-all-time got TOTALLY DOMINATED BY US! I listened to all this shyt for the last two weeks about the big bad Broncos, and I knew that they hadn't faced real pain before, the kind of pain we were going to bring. I said my Seahawk offense was WAY underrated and was going to show it today. And they did. There was far too much talk about Peyton Manning these past weeks, and far too less about how great the Seahawks were, how special, immortal our defense was. DEFENSE RULED! Manning was NOTHING!!! The Broncos were NOTHING in the face of the Seahawks. NOTHING!!!

Imagine if you actually had something to do with it? That would be sick.

F*CK YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!! EAT MY ARSE!!!

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#390 » by studcrackers » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:00 am

Lol at this woe is me nobody talked about us bullsh*t
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,472

Post#391 » by CBS7 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:03 am

I don't think anyone saw that coming. Congrats to the Seahawks.

I'm not a fan of the Broncos or the Colts or Peyton Manning, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think he's a top 3 QB ever. A win would have put him #1 in my book.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,853

Post#392 » by inquisitive » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:07 am

i felt before the game that if the shawks were leading by 2 TDs, this game was over. When it was 15-0, i knew it was over. Their defense is just too good. I also felt that if the game was close in the 4th quarter, Peyton would pull it out. In the end, defense wins over offense. I didn't expect this kinda of a beat down though...still, Peyton is a top 5 QB of all time. Broncos just ran into a buzz saw.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#393 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:08 am

studcrackers wrote:Lol at this woe is me nobody talked about us bullsh*t

It really is pathetic... everyone knew they had the best defense in football and we all know defense wins championships. As far as I was concerned the Super Bowl took place two weeks ago up in Seattle.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,207

Post#394 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:10 am

One of ESPN's front page articles during these last couple of weeks was how there was no way Seattle was stopping Denver and how this was Peyton's year.

You're kidding yourself if you actually think people were giving the Seahawks their fair share of credit...almost everyone was on the Denver/Peyton bandwagon.

In fact, just look at the beginning of this thread.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#395 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:10 am

inquisitive wrote:i felt before the game that if the shawks were leading by 2 TDs, this game was over. When it was 15-0, i knew it was over. Their defense is just too good. I also felt that if the game was close in the 4th quarter, Peyton would pull it out. In the end, defense wins over offense. I didn't expect this kinda of a beat down though...still, Peyton is a top 5 QB of all time. Broncos just ran into a buzz saw.

Fox needs to share a lot of the blame.. from the jump his team didn't look prepared to play. They made too many mistakes also.. Botched snap, Tripping call, Pooch kick off, Thomas Fumble, some missed tackles. Elway needs to take a long look at his Head Coach going into next year.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#396 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:12 am

therealbig3 wrote:

One of ESPN's front page articles during these last couple of weeks was how there was no way Seattle was stopping Denver and how this was Peyton's year.

You're kidding yourself if you actually think people were giving the Seahawks their fair share of credit...almost everyone was on the Denver/Peyton bandwagon.

The world of sports prognostication doesn't begin and end with ESPN though. All the wiseguys I heard all week were all picking Seattle and those guys are responsible for setting the lines and watching the trends and the majority of players were picking Seattle.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#397 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:12 am

ibraheim718 wrote:

It really is pathetic... everyone knew they had the best defense in football and we all know defense wins championships. As far as I was concerned the Super Bowl took place two weeks ago up in Seattle.

:thumbsup:

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#398 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:13 am

ibraheim718 wrote:

Everyone knew it, and everyone still sold them short and picked Denver. Many picked Denver convincingly. Again, look at the beginning of the thread and the overwhelming majority that picked Denver. And how many people acted like Seattle didn't have much of a chance.

Come on, revisionist history already guys? Denver WAS getting all the attention, it's true. Most of the attention Seattle got had nothing to do with their team and moreso about how much of a douchebag Richard Sherman is.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#399 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:13 am

therealbig3 wrote:

:thumbsup:

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#400 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:14 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

The world of sports prognostication doesn't begin and end with ESPN though. All the wiseguys I heard all week were all picking Seattle and those guys are responsible for setting the lines and watching the trends and the majority of players were picking Seattle.

Didn't Vegas have the Broncos as the favorites?

Return to The General NFL Board