Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#61 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No way Romo goes to the Jets or Bears, lol. Been hearing rumblings that Romo is a dark horse to possibly go to Buffalo.

Yea I don't see Romo wanting to go to the Bears or Jets. Bears are on the verge of rebuilding and the Jets are in disarray. Both have bad OL's too.

Buffalo makes sense, as does Houston like you said a few weeks ago. I also think Arizona is an option if Palmer retires. I heard a story that Elway is telling people that he has no interest in Romo. Might just be a negotiation ploy though.

I'm also interested to see what the Rams new coach thinks of Goff. If they don't feel that he's ready yet they could also be a landing spot for Romo.

Regarding our current cap hit with Romo coming up, is there advantage if he just retires and takes a coaching or front office position?

Not if he retires. The cap hit will still be about $19 mil if he retires or if he is traded. $24 mil if he's still in the roster next year. The only way they can get more cap relief is if he's cut after June 1st. I get the impression that Stephen would rather take the entire $19 mil cap hit in one year so that they will still have Dak under his rookie contract for two more years after Romo is completely off the books.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#62 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Yea I don't see Romo wanting to go to the Bears or Jets. Bears are on the verge of rebuilding and the Jets are in disarray. Both have bad OL's too.

Buffalo makes sense, as does Houston like you said a few weeks ago. I also think Arizona is an option if Palmer retires. I heard a story that Elway is telling people that he has no interest in Romo. Might just be a negotiation ploy though.

I'm also interested to see what the Rams new coach thinks of Goff. If they don't feel that he's ready yet they could also be a landing spot for Romo.

Regarding our current cap hit with Romo coming up, is there advantage if he just retires and takes a coaching or front office position?

Not if he retires. The cap hit will still be about $19 mil if he retires or if he is traded. $24 mil if he's still in the roster next year. The only way they can get more cap relief is if he's cut after June 1st. I get the impression that Stephen would rather take the entire $19 mil cap hit in one year so that they will still have Dak under his rookie contract for two more years after Romo is completely off the books.

I do too. And in reality I wouldn't have a problem with it. It would set 2018 up nicely with both Romo and Witten coming off the books along with deciding who to do contracts with (Zeke) as well as getting ready to pay Dak.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#63 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Regarding our current cap hit with Romo coming up, is there advantage if he just retires and takes a coaching or front office position?

I do too. And in reality I wouldn't have a problem with it. It would set 2018 up nicely with both Romo and Witten coming off the books along with deciding who to do contracts with (Zeke) as well as getting ready to pay Dak.

It would also free up enough money to allow them to go after an elite defensive FA.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,313

Post#64 » by Edrees » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:33 am

I'm almost certain it will be Denver
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,399

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:36 pm

At this point, who cares. Just get the jinx and his contract out of here. And take Sanchez with ya. I've been bitching, yelling and screaming for 8 years now about our defense. And it was the defense once again that let us down and can never get a big or key stop when it matters most.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:00 am

Reports are Denver is interested in Romo. There is a catch though. They only want Romo when he becomes an unrestricted free agent so they can redo his contract.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#67 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:11 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Reports are Denver is interested in Romo. There is a catch though. They only want Romo when he becomes an unrestricted free agent so they can redo his contract.

They may not have a choice is Houston is interested.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Reports are Denver is interested in Romo. There is a catch though. They only want Romo when he becomes an unrestricted free agent so they can redo his contract.

They may not have a choice is Houston is interested.

A point that Jerry Jones will make abundantly clear.

A good businessman knows how to drive value.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 1, 2017 4:26 am

Speaking of driving the market... this is a sleeper spot for him to land.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:50 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Speaking of driving the market... this is a sleeper spot for him to land.

Read on Twitter

We are sitting in a really good spot here. I just hope we do the right thing and Jerry doesn't screw it up.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#71 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 1, 2017 2:13 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Speaking of driving the market... this is a sleeper spot for him to land.

Read on Twitter

Yea I've always thought that Arizona might be a good spot for him. Palmer is looking to retire. Arizona has a strong running game and Fitzgerald will be back for at least another year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 1, 2017 4:38 pm

Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yea I've always thought that Arizona might be a good spot for him. Palmer is looking to retire. Arizona has a strong running game and Fitzgerald will be back for at least another year.

And that defense is still pretty damn good even if they lose Campbell. Although - losing Chandler Jones would hurt.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#73 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:06 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter

And that defense is still pretty damn good even if they lose Campbell. Although - losing Chandler Jones would hurt.

Their OL might be a little suspect though.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yeah. It could lead to this.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#75 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:12 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Its starting to feel like Romo to Arizona. And I can see his season ending as it appears in the above photo. Seattle and all their dirty cheap shot, late hits will take a toll on him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Its starting to feel like Romo to Arizona. And I can see his season ending as it appears in the above photo. Seattle and all their dirty cheap shot, late hits will take a toll on him.

If he's released, all bets are off. That's when I could easily see him going to Houston. But if he's traded, I could see him angling for the Cardinals. I just don't know if Jerry would trade him within the NFC unless they made an offer he couldn't say no to. That's where Jerry needs to be Jerry and make a deal.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#77 » by jwise44 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 12:16 am

Apparently our gm said he wants a young qb so doubt we make a move for him unless like you said otis, he's released
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#78 » by jwise44 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 12:18 am

How would you and bjj feel if y'all released him and he came here for cheap so we could get him weapons and we won the super bowl with him?

It won't happen, but that thought just entered my head
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 3, 2017 2:27 am

jwise44 wrote:How would you and bjj feel if y'all released him and he came here for cheap so we could get him weapons and we won the super bowl with him?

It won't happen, but that thought just entered my head

As long as he wasn't playing the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, I'd root for him. Felt the same about Morton in 1978. But Craig was playing against my heroes. And my heroes crushed his ass.

Didn't feel bad at all.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#80 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Feb 3, 2017 9:08 pm

I think the Chiefs would be smart to dump Alex Smith to the bench where he belongs and try to make a move for Romo

Andy Reid isnt noted for running down the field passing plays which is Romo's strength but at the same time during the 2004 season when the Eagles had TO he opened up the offense a lot to accommodate something his team was clearly capable of

you could argue the Chief's defense is better than Denver's, and I think Tyreek Hill, Maclin, and Kelce are more appealing targets than Denver's receivers

Return to The General NFL Board