Smack talk thread?

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Re: Smack talk thread? 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 4, 2016 5:48 am

When did you say you gave up drugs, lol.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#42 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Thu Aug 4, 2016 7:35 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:When did you say you gave up drugs, lol.

when did you start worshiping jocks on tv like they were your military band of brothers?

I was about 27 when I gave up weed...but cigarettes not till 3 years ago.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#43 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Thu Aug 4, 2016 7:43 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:They both play for a bunch of slime ball organizations. I say true, they both get fined. Foreskins are way over rated. Don't forget, they had a 5th place schedule last year and the rest of the NFC east was a mash unit. Beckham is an awesome talent with a 10 cent head.

:-x :( waaaa my favorite team lost because they were injured.

:x waaa your team only won because schedule was weaker waaa

over rated? who was in the playoff game last year and who wasnt?
who made the playoffs and who didnt?
Image made playoffs
Image did not make playoffs
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:33 pm

I think its time your mother puts you back in the play pen.
C-Melo Man
Junior
And1: 197

Re: RE: Re: Smack talk thread? 

Post#45 » by C-Melo Man » Fri Aug 5, 2016 4:25 pm

bleu wrote:
C-Melo Man wrote:We're coming for the pussy cat Panthers, New England Patriots & Green Bay Packers this season. All three teams will be nice revenge games from the past couple seasons. Seattle's about to go it after a somewhat down year last season. GO HAWKS!!!

That's weird, I remember the Panthers putting the smackdown on your guys TWICE last season...

True, but prior to last season, Seattle had a 4-0 record over Carolina the previous 3 seasons (3-0 in Carolina), including their first postseason game (Cam picked off by Bam Bam KAM for the touchdown). It's a nice rivalry & I like it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:03 pm

Been on vacation for 9 days. Just got back and I'm catching up in here. hey Ernie, I know you said you gave up drugs years ago. But I still believe you are drinking bong water you forgot to dump out.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#47 » by jwise44 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:17 pm

I love how cowgirls fans love to talk about their past trophies. Congrats man!

Troy aikman is still the douchiest qb of all time, and I'm still waiting for him and joe Buck to quit kidding themselves and just come out of the closet and admit their love for each other
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:33 pm

jwise44 wrote:I love how cowgirls fans love to talk about their past trophies. Congrats man!

Troy aikman is still the douchiest qb of all time, and I'm still waiting for him and joe Buck to quit kidding themselves and just come out of the closet and admit their love for each other
So we now ignore the history of the NFL and all the great teams since 1932, lol. At least we have and had a past. By the way, how's your trophy case looking these days sunshine?
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#49 » by jwise44 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:49 pm

It's cute y'all used to be great. Now you have the worst owner in all of sports and got fined as a team this year because you have so many slime balls on the squad.

And we're a young franchise that had to rebuild on the fly cause schaub fell off a cliff after our playoff run and the qb turned into a revolving door of crap and our star running back became a vegan and his bones turned to glass

Bragging about a trophy case that last won in the mid 90s seems sad to me. That's like a cavs fan bragging they won last year and me saying..well we have 2 championships 20 years ago so we're a better franchise

The new look Cowboys are nothing like landrys or jimmy johnsons. Jerry jones has turned y'all into a sideshow.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#50 » by bleu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Trophies are kind of a tricky thing. Because yeah, it's the biggest prize in all of football, and most players would give a firstborn child to get one, but are the New York Jets really a better franchise than my Panthers because they have 1 ring (from Super Bowl III) and haven't done squat since? And could a 40 year old Jets fan come out and say "at least my Jets have a trophy in their case"? That's not to say that old trophies are worthless, but let's be real, nobody would trade 40 years of crappy football for a ring.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:38 am

Please, where have some of you been. I've been bashing my Cowboys more than all of you put together the past 7 years. Any real Cowboy fan has known since 1995 Jerry was a cancer. At least I did. Signing Deon Sanders and firing Jimmy was the beginning of the end. Just a few years before he fired on of the greatest legendary coaches ever. That 90's team was so loaded we should have one more than 3. So I really don't need a history lesson from a Texan fan. At least we haven't lost our team and are the most valuable sports franchise in the world despite the last 17 years. The only great memory I have of the Houston oilers was Earl Campbell. He is still in my top 5 of greatest RB's ever.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#52 » by jwise44 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:00 am

Serious question...are they really more valuable than high end soccer teams in Europe?

And back to smack talk...cowgirls suck! I don't care if they're the most valuable.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by bleu » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:03 am

jwise44 wrote:Serious question...are they really more valuable than high end soccer teams in Europe?

And back to smack talk...cowgirls suck! I don't care if they're the most valuable.

Somewhat surprisingly (to me at least), yeah they are. It's estimated the Cowboys are worth 4 billion, followed by Real Madrid and Barcelona at 3.65 and 3.55. The Pats are the next NFL franchise on the list at 3.2, and the Redskins at 2.85.

Kind of crazy that a team who plays an "American sport", and has a maximum of 20 games per year (usually not more than 16 for the Cowboys :wink: ), can make more money than a team from the "worlds most popular sport" that plays 38 games a year. Just shows the enormity of the NFL.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:06 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Been on vacation for 9 days. Just got back and I'm catching up in here. hey Ernie, I know you said you gave up drugs years ago. But I still believe you are drinking bong water you forgot to dump out.

you really have to work on those Vaudeville one liners.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:13 am

bleu wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Serious question...are they really more valuable than high end soccer teams in Europe?

Somewhat surprisingly (to me at least), yeah they are. It's estimated the Cowboys are worth 4 billion, followed by Real Madrid and Barcelona at 3.65 and 3.55. The Pats are the next NFL franchise on the list at 3.2, and the Redskins at 2.85.

Kind of crazy that a team who plays an "American sport", and has a maximum of 20 games per year (usually not more than 16 for the Cowboys :wink: ), can make more money than a team from the "worlds most popular sport" that plays 38 games a year. Just shows the enormity of the NFL.

since 95 or 96'
the Cowboys have been to playoffs 8 times= 11 games.
thats basically almost every other year in the playoffs.Closer to 17 games a year
Theyve been to 60 playoff games in 56 seasons. They are stuck in the american sports Conscience.
its just that Americans are taught consumption more than any other country and everyone likes the simple blue star as an American national symbol.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by bleu » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:16 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bleu wrote:

since 95 or 96'
the Cowboys have been to playoffs 8 times= 11 games.
thats basically almost every other year in the playoffs.Closer to 17 games a year
Theyve been to 60 playoff games in 56 seasons. They are stuck in the american sports Conscience.
its just that Americans are taught consumption more than any other country and everyone likes the simple blue star as an American national symbol.

It's just a joke. I know that the Cowboys have a long tradition of winning and a lot of rings. I'm just talking smack and poking fun at the fact that they haven't done great in recent years.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#57 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 am

bleu wrote:

I'm not sure I'm buying Forbes rankings completely. Every top EPL club should be in the top 10. I think the Cowboys value has more to do with the stadium itself. Not so much the team name, etc. :D
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#58 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:31 am

Not in the eyes of the majority of the world. :wink:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,382

Post#59 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:39 am

bleu wrote:Trophies are kind of a tricky thing. Because yeah, it's the biggest prize in all of football, and most players would give a firstborn child to get one, but are the New York Jets really a better franchise than my Panthers because they have 1 ring (from Super Bowl III) and haven't done squat since? And could a 40 year old Jets fan come out and say "at least my Jets have a trophy in their case"? That's not to say that old trophies are worthless, but let's be real, nobody would trade 40 years of crappy football for a ring.

Honestly I think bragging about old rings or trophies is ridiculous. We are in the here and now and sports are all about entertainment. I've seen people say they would rather see 5 or 10 terrible years from6 their team if they finally got a ring (mostly in basketball because of the nature in the forum). The only team I've seen win it all is the AZ Wildcats winning the basketball championship one year, but I would give that up for being fun and entertaining every year.

I can't wait to see my teams play because it is entertaining and even if they are only competitive and almost make the playoffs or make it and lose in a round, that provides me entertainment every year. The Suns have sucked for 6 years and I didn't even care to watch them some of the time but was rarely excited, except their one year they vastly overachieved, though I knew in the long run that would probably hurt their draft pick and future.

Even if my team was just super competitive every year but never made it to win it all, I would take the great feelings and heartbreak, both of which are part of being a fan over sucking for many years and then winning a ring one year and then not being great after that.

Sports have been tough for me lately. The AZ Wildcats actually also won a baseball world series a couple years ago but I'm not really a baseball fan and didn't really watch it. Their basketball team once they hired Sean Miller has been super fun to watch until they got knocked out by Wisconsin in the elite eight twice.

Even if the Chargers just make the playoffs it's great for me and if they win a game right now when I know they are clearly not one of the better teams, it is fun.

It's also fun to see the Cardinals do well despite not ever winning it all after many years of being awful.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#60 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bleu wrote:Trophies are kind of a tricky thing. Because yeah, it's the biggest prize in all of football, and most players would give a firstborn child to get one, but are the New York Jets really a better franchise than my Panthers because they have 1 ring (from Super Bowl III) and haven't done squat since? And could a 40 year old Jets fan come out and say "at least my Jets have a trophy in their case"? That's not to say that old trophies are worthless, but let's be real, nobody would trade 40 years of crappy football for a ring.

Honestly I think bragging about old rings or trophies is ridiculous. We are in the here and now and sports are all about entertainment. I've seen people say they would rather see 5 or 10 terrible years from6 their team if they finally got a ring (mostly in basketball because of the nature in the forum). The only team I've seen win it all is the AZ Wildcats winning the basketball championship one year, but I would give that up for being fun and entertaining every year.

I can't wait to see my teams play because it is entertaining and even if they are only competitive and almost make the playoffs or make it and lose in a round, that provides me entertainment every year. The Suns have sucked for 6 years and I didn't even care to watch them some of the time but was rarely excited, except their one year they vastly overachieved, though I knew in the long run that would probably hurt their draft pick and future.

Even if my team was just super competitive every year but never made it to win it all, I would take the great feelings and heartbreak, both of which are part of being a fan over sucking for many years and then winning a ring one year and then not being great after that.

Sports have been tough for me lately. The AZ Wildcats actually also won a baseball world series a couple years ago but I'm not really a baseball fan and didn't really watch it. Their basketball team once they hired Sean Miller has been super fun to watch until they got knocked out by Wisconsin in the elite eight twice.

Even if the Chargers just make the playoffs it's great for me and if they win a game right now when I know they are clearly not one of the better teams, it is fun.

It's also fun to see the Cardinals do well despite not ever winning it all after many years of being awful.

I don't know. I mean I want my teams to win, man. I think it kind of depends on the situation for each team. If your team is really good, then you likely really want the championship. But, If your team doesn't stand out, then you might be more likely to settle for just competing :dontknow:. After winning the Super Bowl, I know I'm definitely not satisfied when they don't win it. :cry:

Meanwhile, in soccer I'm okay with Liverpool not winning the title, but they haven't won in a long time & aren't currently on the level of other top clubs. So, again it kind of depends on one's own expectations. Realistic or not?

Return to The General NFL Board