Post#201 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Needed that win
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: AFC West 

Post#202 » by FNQ » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:50 pm

FWIW I still think KC runs away with it unless the Raiders start turning it around. Winning by 1 on the last play at home is a great momentum builder but still, I expected us to be a 11-12 win team here. We're looking more like 9-10
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#203 » by Stoked » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:59 am

That improved Denver O I mentioned has withered and died lol. Oof.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#204 » by dmastro32 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 am

Stoked wrote:That improved Denver O I mentioned has withered and died lol. Oof.

When you missing your Oline and 2 nd best receiver that will happen.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#205 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:52 am

Stoked wrote:That improved Denver O I mentioned has withered and died lol. Oof.

Why couldn't that have happened before Week 2?

Asking for a friend.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#206 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:AFC West on notice! How about those Raiders!! D# looking half decent!

You can stick a fork in the Raiders now. this is K.C.'s year.

:lol: Premature statement if I've ever read one! A good friend of mine is a Dallas fan, so I'm really looking forward to our meeting this year.
Do not max Vuc!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,272

Post#207 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Yea, I'm extremely worried about your championship defense. Raider fans a lot like Redskin fans, delusional.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#208 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 pm

For the 4th year in a row, it looks like the Chief's own the Chargers !!
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#209 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:For the 4th year in a row, it looks like the Chief's own the Chargers !!

Yup
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#210 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:43 am

Shady Franchise wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:AFC West on notice! How about those Raiders!! D# looking half decent!

You can stick a fork in the Raiders now. this is K.C.'s year.

:lol: Premature statement if I've ever read one! A good friend of mine is a Dallas fan, so I'm really looking forward to our meeting this year.

And you were saying, :falloff: Looks like the Chief's took the AFC West trash out to the dumpster the past two weeks, :lol:
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#211 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You can stick a fork in the Raiders now. this is K.C.'s year.

And you were saying, :falloff: Looks like the AFC West trash has been taken out to the dumpster the past two weeks, :lol:

Cowboys are currently sitting 9th in the NFC Wild Card race. THE EXACT SAME AS THE RAIDERS IN THE AFC! Looks like the Cowboys are in as equally trashy division! Congrats! You just made fun of yourself too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not max Vuc!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#212 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Viva Las Vegas !
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#213 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:.

Just reading this...never knew this...did you?

Aikman, on whether he wished he played longer than 12 seasons: “Yeah, I wish I played longer. I could have played longer. It wasn't because of concussions as so many people think. If any injury caused me to leave the game, it was my back. I was having issues throughout my last season and having to take injections to get out on the field. That was as much a problem as anything but concussions were not. I almost—I had thoughts that I was going to go sign with San Diego. Norv Turner was the offensive coordinator there at the time, so when I got released by Dallas, I expected to go sign with the Chargers [in 2001]. And I got a call from Norv the next morning and he said they just signed Doug Flutie because John Butler was the GM in San Diego and [when Butler was] in Buffalo, if you remember, they were either going to take Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson, and the Chargers took whoever they released and they took Doug Flutie and made the decision clear for me. I did give some consideration to coming out of retirement a couple years later. I'm glad I didn't. I thought 12 years was a nice number, but these quarterbacks now, they are playing 17, 18, 20 years. I think, ‘Jeez, I just had a little coffee break in the NFL.’ I wasn't there long at all.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/15/vikings-saints-case-keenum-stefon-diggs-walkoff-touchdown-nfl-playoffs-peter-king
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#214 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Aikman, on whether he wished he played longer than 12 seasons: “Yeah, I wish I played longer. I could have played longer. It wasn't because of concussions as so many people think. If any injury caused me to leave the game, it was my back. I was having issues throughout my last season and having to take injections to get out on the field. That was as much a problem as anything but concussions were not. I almost—I had thoughts that I was going to go sign with San Diego. Norv Turner was the offensive coordinator there at the time, so when I got released by Dallas, I expected to go sign with the Chargers [in 2001]. And I got a call from Norv the next morning and he said they just signed Doug Flutie because John Butler was the GM in San Diego and [when Butler was] in Buffalo, if you remember, they were either going to take Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson, and the Chargers took whoever they released and they took Doug Flutie and made the decision clear for me. I did give some consideration to coming out of retirement a couple years later. I'm glad I didn't. I thought 12 years was a nice number, but these quarterbacks now, they are playing 17, 18, 20 years. I think, ‘Jeez, I just had a little coffee break in the NFL.’ I wasn't there long at all.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/15/vikings-saints-case-keenum-stefon-diggs-walkoff-touchdown-nfl-playoffs-peter-king

He told this story a couple of years ago during one of his weekly appearances on the Ticket. I’m sure he wishes he played under the current rules. He’d have played a LONG time.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#215 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

He told this story a couple of years ago during one of his weekly appearances on the Ticket. I’m sure he wishes he played under the current rules. He’d have played a LONG time.

Juuuust long enough for him to come to the newly born Texans after Dallas waived him and before we drafted Elder Carr, which would have then allowed us to draft Peppers instead, which would have inevitably been the beginning of another dynasty in Texas...just a bit further south though.

-.-
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#216 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Read on Twitter

FNQ, is he still a good kicker??

I'm asking for a friend....
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#217 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 am

Uh, hard to tell man. He did like nothing this season...

So would be rolling the dice, imo. I want to say I *think* he is still a good kicker...but time will tell if someone gives him a chance...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#218 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Better than your current incumbent. Even injured.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#219 » by FNQ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Better than the one we kept. He only sat out last year due to injury, only being let go now due to cheapness. He'll get at least 2m from someone, I'd bet closer to 4m honestly. He hasnt faded in-game, at least. Maybe he did in practice?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#220 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 3, 2018 8:45 pm

Barring injuries, The Chief's seem to have a good grip on the division. Secondary will get better when Eric Berry gets back, hopefully next week.

Return to The General NFL Board