Raiders
14%

Total votes: 22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,157

Re: AFC West 

Post#181 » by Revived » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Raiders & Chiefs looking good so far! Let's see if the Chargers & Broncos win as well!

Gonna be rather difficult for them both to win this week.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#182 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Revived wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Raiders & Chiefs looking good so far! Let's see if the Chargers & Broncos win as well!

Really hope the Chargers win.. Broncos are always in play with that elite defense.

Chargers are at a weird spot. A lot of good young talent and some older vets, but the most important player is also one of if not the oldest players on the team. Have to wonder how much more time Rivers has, considering he hasnt missed a start since 2006 :o

He's thrown 6000 passes, been sacked 360 times, and their OL this year is as bad as its ever been. But Rivers is so good, and guys like Bosa are so explosive, that they could win any given Sunday. Here's hoping that applies to Monday nights as well
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,366

Post#183 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 pm

FNQ wrote:
Revived wrote:

Really hope the Chargers win.. Broncos are always in play with that elite defense.

Chargers are at a weird spot. A lot of good young talent and some older vets, but the most important player is also one of if not the oldest players on the team. Have to wonder how much more time Rivers has, considering he hasnt missed a start since 2006 :o

He's thrown 6000 passes, been sacked 360 times, and their OL this year is as bad as its ever been. But Rivers is so good, and guys like Bosa are so explosive, that they could win any given Sunday. Here's hoping that applies to Monday nights as well

It seems I sometimes notice Rivers is talked about as not having much time left more often than Brady, though Brady is 40 while Rivers is 35. I think Rivers can play for awhile barring injury.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#184 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:26 pm

bwgood77 wrote:It seems I sometimes notice Rivers is talked about as not having much time left more often than Brady, though Brady is 40 while Rivers is 35. I think Rivers can play for awhile barring injury.

I hope so. I've always enjoyed watching him and Gates do their thing. It sucks they're doing it in LA now instead of SD, but whatever.

If he ever wants to come play behind another taint-tastic O-Line, Houston would love to have him play out his last few years as a Texan!

;)
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#185 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:57 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:It seems I sometimes notice Rivers is talked about as not having much time left more often than Brady, though Brady is 40 while Rivers is 35. I think Rivers can play for awhile barring injury.

I hope so. I've always enjoyed watching him and Gates do their thing. It sucks they're doing it in LA now instead of SD, but whatever.

If he ever wants to come play behind another taint-tastic O-Line, Houston would love to have him play out his last few years as a Texan!

;)

If he goes elsewhere eventually, I'd welcome it if I was still in Austin, being that I get all Texans games locally. They deserve a good QB too.

I'm still actually perplexed as to how Schaub went from being a good solid QB to a deer in the headlights no confidence QB in no time. Was it just one demoralizing playoff game? Was he always that way and I just never had watched closely enough?
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#186 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:If he goes elsewhere eventually, I'd welcome it if I was still in Austin, being that I get all Texans games locally. They deserve a good QB too.

I'm still actually perplexed as to how Schaub went from being a good solid QB to a deer in the headlights no confidence QB in no time. Was it just one demoralizing playoff game? Was he always that way and I just never had watched closely enough?

I don't think he was ever the same after his Lisfranc injury in 2011. That was a shame, too, because I think that was the best team the Texans have ever had and they came very damn close to beating the Ravens in Baltimore(SCREW YOU, JACOBY!!!) and getting to the AFC Championship Game.

Same year they drafted Watt, signed Joseph/Manning in FA, and brought in Wade to coach them all up. That worked out well, as they were like a total 180 defensively from the previous year in which they were horrible.

I still can't help but feel they might have really had a shot that year had Schaub not gone down and then having to rely on rookie TJ Yates...(after losing Matt Leinart to injury before him, lol).

Anyways, Schaub never really looked the same to me after that injury even though the Texans still had a good season the next year. Never imagined he'd completely go off the cliff the way he did, though. He became a pick-6 magician and it was quite sad to see. The fans at the game(I think it was against the Rams?) cheering when he got injured was a pretty low point.

Oh well...enough bad nostalgia. What really matter is:

SCREW YOU, JACOBY!!!

And tits.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#187 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:If he goes elsewhere eventually, I'd welcome it if I was still in Austin, being that I get all Texans games locally. They deserve a good QB too.

I don't think he was ever the same after his Lisfranc injury in 2011. That was a shame, too, because I think that was the best team the Texans have ever had and they came very damn close to beating the Ravens in Baltimore(SCREW YOU, JACOBY!!!) and getting to the AFC Championship Game.

Same year they drafted Watt, signed Joseph/Manning in FA, and brought in Wade to coach them all up. That worked out well, as they were like a total 180 defensively from the previous year in which they were horrible.

I still can't help but feel they might have really had a shot that year had Schaub not gone down and then having to rely on rookie TJ Yates...(after losing Matt Leinart to injury before him, lol).

Anyways, Schaub never really looked the same to me after that injury even though the Texans still had a good season the next year. Never imagined he'd completely go off the cliff the way he did, though. He became a pick-6 magician and it was quite sad to see. The fans at the game(I think it was against the Rams?) cheering when he got injured was a pretty low point.

Oh well...enough bad nostalgia. What really matter is:

SCREW YOU, JACOBY!!!

And tits.

I remember that Yates game and thinking "Why did Schaub have to get injured? Why is it always the same teams like the Pats benefitting from this?"

It sucks to go from a solid QB to what he became...reminds me of the fall of Jake Delhomme. Very solid QB who had a nightmare playoff game and was never the same. Of course in 2007, after 4 pretty solid years starting, started in his first 3 games with 8 tds, 1 int, and a 111 passer rating...then got injured and was out for the season. He comes back from injury in 2008, didn't play quite as well, but still got his team to a 12-4 record and into the playoffs, but threw 5 ints in their one playoff game and that was pretty much it for him...he never had any confidence in himself after that nor did the fans.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#188 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:12 pm

AFC West on notice! How about those Raiders!! D# looking half decent!
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#189 » by xfactor » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:47 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I have Kansas City running away with the AFC West this year.

As good as KC is, nobody is running away in this Division
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#190 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:52 am

3 way race right now
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#191 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Possible that 3 of the best 5 teams reside in the AFC West? Think only the Pats and Falcons are looking better at this point, and the Steelers probably belong in that group as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#192 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:28 pm

FNQ wrote:Possible that 3 of the best 5 teams reside in the AFC West? Think only the Pats and Falcons are looking better at this point, and the Steelers probably belong in that group as well.

Yes, they all seem very tough, but for the most part, they were last year. After week 12 last year the Raiders were 10-2, Chiefs 9-3 and Broncos 8-4. The Broncos stumbled after that, finishing 9-7 but the other two finished 12-4.

They should all three make the playoffs, but they'll have to beat of the NFC east and they all have to play New England (though of course KC already did).
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#193 » by Stoked » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
FNQ wrote:Possible that 3 of the best 5 teams reside in the AFC West? Think only the Pats and Falcons are looking better at this point, and the Steelers probably belong in that group as well.

Yes, they all seem very tough, but for the most part, they were last year. After week 12 last year the Raiders were 10-2, Chiefs 9-3 and Broncos 8-4. The Broncos stumbled after that, finishing 9-7 but the other two finished 12-4.

They should all three make the playoffs, but they'll have to beat of the NFC east and they all have to play New England (though of course KC already did).

Luckily for the Broncos the Pats have to play in Mile High. The land of Tom Brady's nightmares.

Also the Broncos O is much better as is their line and rushing game on O and D.

AFC West is far and away the best division in football. 3 teams at 2-0 and the Chargers are legit two botched FGs from being 2-0.

As for the NFC East, Denver crushed Dallas and KC beat Philly. This week Oakland is at Wash and I expect the Raiders to win. AFC West should be 3-0 against them by the end of the week.

I agree that the top 6 teams are Denver, KC, Oakland, New England, Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

AFC come down to the wire and I think the "weak link" of the Chargers finishes .500 or above.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#194 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:05 pm

AFC West. best division in football this year, hands down.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#195 » by dmastro32 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:03 am

Stoked wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Luckily for the Broncos the Pats have to play in Mile High. The land of Tom Brady's nightmares.

Also the Broncos O is much better as is their line and rushing game on O and D.

AFC West is far and away the best division in football. 3 teams at 2-0 and the Chargers are legit two botched FGs from being 2-0.

As for the NFC East, Denver crushed Dallas and KC beat Philly. This week Oakland is at Wash and I expect the Raiders to win. AFC West should be 3-0 against them by the end of the week.

I agree that the top 6 teams are Denver, KC, Oakland, New England, Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

AFC come down to the wire and I think the "weak link" of the Chargers finishes .500 or above.

It’s amazing how siemian looks a lot better just with a little blindside protection and more push in the running game. I know they would never give ROY to a linemen but Bolles might be the most important rookie to his team and their success this year. Him and Leary give the Broncos line the nastiness that is needed in the AFC west.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#196 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 4, 2017 3:47 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:AFC West on notice! How about those Raiders!! D# looking half decent!

You can stick a fork in the Raiders now. this is K.C.'s year.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#197 » by dmastro32 » Wed Oct 4, 2017 8:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:AFC West on notice! How about those Raiders!! D# looking half decent!

Denver says hi!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#198 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 am

xfactor wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I have Kansas City running away with the AFC West this year.

As good as KC is, nobody is running away in this Division

If the Raiders don't win tonight, the Chief's will run away with this division.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#199 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 am

dmastro32 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Denver says hi!

Looks like the giants said hello to you fellows last week. :lol:
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#200 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:52 am

HUGE win for the Raiders over the Chiefs! Great to get the Chiefs monkey off of our backs!

What a cray cray game!

Return to The General NFL Board