RealGM
And1: 3,276

Re: NFC East 

Post#721 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue May 1, 2018 1:20 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :lol:

Instigator, :devil: :devil: :wavefinger: :winkgrin:

Lol I just find the back & forth wildly entertaining.

You hate me, don't ya? Your trying to get me in trouble. :eyebrows:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#722 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue May 1, 2018 12:07 pm

blazza18 wrote:Otis' reply was very funny and original. Typical responses from the other two though.

I did always love to tune in to a Tony Romo trainwreck or Dez having a cry. So you've got me there.

20 years of incoherent Jerry Jones ramblings while neutering any chance of bringing in a real coach leave me with little else but dark, witty observations. Otherwise, I’d kill myself.

Possibly.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#723 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed May 2, 2018 12:05 pm

Read on Twitter

I’m not sure how this helps resolve the fact that Ereck Flowers sucks but whatever...
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#724 » by therealbig3 » Wed May 2, 2018 3:18 pm

Eagles have the two best QBs in the division, they're #1 until proven otherwise.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#725 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 3, 2018 2:21 pm

Jason Witten finally has decided to retire. That was 2 years over due.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#726 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 3, 2018 2:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jason Witten finally has decided to retire. That was 2 years over due.

I think you guys are really gonna miss him. Good player for a long time.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#727 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 3, 2018 2:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jason Witten finally has decided to retire. That was 2 years over due.

I still miss Roger Staubach and Randy White. What's your point? :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#728 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 3, 2018 3:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I still miss Roger Staubach and Randy White. What's your point? :wink:

Hard to replace guys like that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#729 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 3, 2018 3:10 pm

I wonder how much more cap space that will give us. Enough to perhaps sign Gates to a one year friendly contract. San Diego, opps, I mean the Chargers are not gonna resign him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#730 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu May 3, 2018 4:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wonder how much more cap space that will give us. Enough to perhaps sign Gates to a one year friendly contract. San Diego, opps, I mean the Chargers are not gonna resign him.

But... Rico Gathers?

Who I think has a major bag of nothing but we shall see...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#731 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 3, 2018 5:42 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wonder how much more cap space that will give us. Enough to perhaps sign Gates to a one year friendly contract. San Diego, opps, I mean the Chargers are not gonna resign him.

But... Rico Gathers?

I need to check with Mr. B. on that one first, :wink: :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#732 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 3, 2018 8:09 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

But... Rico Gathers?

Wow. I had no idea. Congrats guys!

He might beat out Dak in training camp. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#733 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 3, 2018 8:32 pm

At least we have a kicker.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#734 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 3, 2018 8:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:At least we have a kicker.

The Blair Walsh project is long gone. :D
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#735 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 3, 2018 8:44 pm

So whats the next project? The O-line, getting an RB or putting a band aid on the no longer Legion Of Boom? I can see Russell Wilson having a very short career if continues to take so many hits like he has the past two seasons.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,620

Post#736 » by blazza18 » Thu May 3, 2018 8:46 pm

So Dak has now forced the franchises' best QB and TE to leave and take up TV gigs while turning their best WR into a CB and eventually getting him cut.

Not my quarterback.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#737 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 3, 2018 9:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So whats the next project? The O-line, getting an RB or putting a band aid on the no longer Legion Of Boom? I can see Russell Wilson having a very short career if continues to take so many hits like he has the past two seasons.

The line is still an unknown. I wanted them to draft Will Hernandez. But, they took RB Rashaad Penny instead. Good pick. But, I think drafting a stud LG (potentially) is obviously more of a need/value pick. But, they also took a Guard last year in the 2nd Round. He got some playing time toward the end of last season. The team has high hopes for him. He's expected to start at LG. Keep in mind, we also have a new oline coach. Tom Cable was fired. Deservedly so. The hope is that things will improve because of it. The team also finally has some stability along the line. Plus the free agent addition of Fluker at RG. Better depth overall.

I never worry about the defense with Pete. That side of the ball will always be decent as long as he's in charge. I still think this is a top 10 defense.

The one spot that is a little concerning is DE. Avril may have to retire. Getting a consistent pass rush could be a problem. But, overall the defense is still solid. Depth wise.

If the oline isn't complete trash (which I don't think it will), this team will compete.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/30626/why-the-seahawks-didnt-draft-an-offensive-lineman-until-the-fifth-round
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#738 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 3, 2018 9:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So whats the next project? The O-line, getting an RB or putting a band aid on the no longer Legion Of Boom? I can see Russell Wilson having a very short career if continues to take so many hits like he has the past two seasons.

The line is still an unknown. I wanted them to draft Will Hernandez. But, they took RB Rashaad Penny instead. Good pick. But, I think drafting a stud LG (potentially) is obviously more of a need/value pick. But, they also took a Guard last year in the 2nd Round. He got some playing time toward the end of last season. The team has high hopes for him. He's expected to start at LG. Keep in mind, we also have a new oline coach. Tom Cable was fired. Deservedly so. The hope is that things will improve because of it. The team also finally has some stability along the line. Plus the free agent addition of Fluker at RG. Better depth overall.

I never worry about the defense with Pete. That side of the ball will always be decent as long as he's in charge. I still think this is a top 10 defense.

The one spot that is a little concerning is DE. Avril may have to retire. Getting a consistent pass rush could be a problem. But, overall the defense is still solid. Depth wise.

If the oline isn't complete trash (which I don't think it will), this team will compete.

Yeah, you could finish in 3ird place in your division this season. :brokenheart:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#739 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 3, 2018 9:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Yeah, you could finish in 3ird place in your division this season. :brokenheart:

So could a lot of teams. :wink:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#740 » by Mr B » Thu May 3, 2018 10:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

But... Rico Gathers?

I need to check with Mr. B. on that one first, :wink: :lol:

He’s has decent hands but pretty much nothing else. Is slow and can’t run routes. Also can’t block. I’m more excited about Schultz and Jarwin.

Return to The General NFL Board