5%

Total votes: 40

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: NFC East 

Post#241 » by bleu » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:18 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Are the Dallas Cowboys getting over-hyped? I saw an interesting argument made on another forum.

1. They're 1-1 against winning teams this season. (Giants, Redskins).
2. Their opponents win % is .386 (38-61-2). The lowest in the league. Major Red-flag.

They really haven't played & beaten any legit teams so far. Pittsburgh is (4-5) & the Packers are (4-6) as we speak. The Redskins being the only one with a winning record at the moment.

Interesting argument, I hadn't realized that at all. These next two weeks against the Redskins and Vikings should be good games. I'm gonna go ahead and pick them to lose on Thanksgiving (sorry bjj, that's just what my gut is telling me).
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#242 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:19 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Numbers sometimes lie, wins and losses never lie.

:lol:

Afraid to face the facts lol? They have a cupcake schedule, due to finishing 4-12 last year. Because of that they've had the benefit of a last place schedule.

Wins against the Browns, Bears, and Niners isn't impressive.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#243 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:26 am

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Are the Dallas Cowboys getting over-hyped? I saw an interesting argument made on another forum.

1. They're 1-1 against winning teams this season. (Giants, Redskins).
2. Their opponents win % is .386 (38-61-2). The lowest in the league. Major Red-flag.

They really haven't played & beaten any legit teams so far. Pittsburgh is (4-5) & the Packers are (4-6) as we speak. The Redskins being the only one with a winning record at the moment.

Interesting argument, I hadn't realized that at all. These next two weeks against the Redskins and Vikings should be good games. I'm gonna go ahead and pick them to lose on Thanksgiving (sorry bjj, that's just what my gut is telling me).

We've already beat the Redskins in their back yard early in the year. 46 years of watching this series, well just when you think you've seen it all between these two teams, something new happens. Most of these games are extremely whackie. I'll take the road team. Scuzzins won't be screaming "How do you like me know", in Big-D.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#244 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:30 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

Afraid to face the facts lol? They have a cupcake schedule, due to finishing 4-12 last year. Because of that they've had the benefit of a last place schedule.

Yet, our only loss is a one point loss to a winning team, because of a missed field goal and extra point. Sea Chickens can't beat a crappy Arizona team and loses to the Rams and Saints, and we are suppose to be impressed? O.K., lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#245 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:34 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Yet, our only loss is a one point loss to a winning team, because of a missed field goal and extra point. Sea Chickens can't beat a crappy Arizona team and loses to the Rams and Saints, and we are suppose to be impressed? O.K., lol.

I'm just stating the obvious here. Opponents win percentage is lowest in the league. Fact. :lol:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#246 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:15 am

They will always be a little over hyped because they're the Cowboys. 9 straight wins is 9 straight wins though. That's hard to do I don't care who was on the roster. Also winning in Green Bay and in Pittsburgh is nothing to dismiss. Not to mention the Ravens have a legit #1 defense and the Cowboys hung 400 yards of offense on them and had three 10+ play drives in the second half. There are maybe two other teams in the NFL that could do that.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,620

Post#247 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:41 am

They probably are but It's hard to criticise anything they've been able to do when the OL has just continued to dominate the way they have. They've moved up and down the field on some legit defences.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#248 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Mr B wrote:They will always be a little over hyped because they're the Cowboys. 9 straight wins is 9 straight wins though. That's hard to do I don't care who was on the roster. Also winning in Green Bay and in Pittsburgh is nothing to dismiss. Not to mention the Ravens have a legit #1 defense and the Cowboys hung 400 yards of offense on them and had three 10+ play drives in the second half. There are maybe two other teams in the NFL that could do that.

Now that we are extremely relevant again instead of mediocre, we will be getting a lot of this over the next 6 years. After all, we are AMERICA'S TEAM.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#249 » by jwise44 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:23 pm

Guys don't bet against the cowboys...bet on them heavily

I have found out that god hates me and wants a cowboys super bowl win in houston...bet on them, I expect 5% of all winnings to go to my psychotherapy necessary after this happens
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#250 » by jwise44 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:They will always be a little over hyped because they're the Cowboys. 9 straight wins is 9 straight wins though. That's hard to do I don't care who was on the roster. Also winning in Green Bay and in Pittsburgh is nothing to dismiss. Not to mention the Ravens have a legit #1 defense and the Cowboys hung 400 yards of offense on them and had three 10+ play drives in the second half. There are maybe two other teams in the NFL that could do that.

Now that we are extremely relevant again instead of mediocre, we will be getting a lot of this over the next 6 years. After all, we are AMERICA'S TEAM.

You are not even close to americas team

People like dak and zeke but there is no "americas team" and for damned sure it isn't yall...I would say pats or Seahawks even though I dislike both teams (sorry cactus) are closer to that

Pats because of your definition of "always on everyone's mind"

Hawks because they went from a lifelong suck fest to the legion of boom and all american boy Russell (even though they have a true scumbag of a coach)
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#251 » by El Turco » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:10 pm

no team from pacific northwest can be america's team
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#252 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:12 pm

jwise44 wrote:Hawks because they went from a lifelong suck fest to the legion of boom and all american boy Russell (even though they have a true scumbag of a coach)

Hey, don't forget we supposedly have the refs as our 13th man in Seattle. The league has our back. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#253 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Arda K wrote:no team from pacific northwest can be america's team

That's okay, we prefer it that way. 8-)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#254 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You have to actually be liked by the vast majority, to be considered AMERICA'S TEAM. :lol:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#255 » by El Turco » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:21 pm

good but dont cry when seahawks also move to oklahoma in 20 years because hippies dont want to pay for a new stadium
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#256 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Arda K wrote:good but dont cry when seahawks also move to oklahoma in 20 years because hippies dont want to pay for a new stadium

Don't you live in the Bay Area?

Bye bye Raiders
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#257 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:03 pm

jwise44 wrote:Guys don't bet against the cowboys...bet on them heavily

I have found out that god hates me and wants a cowboys super bowl win in houston...bet on them, I expect 5% of all winnings to go to my psychotherapy necessary after this happens

If things are truly returning to form even that's a bad idea. Back in the day when the Cowboys were winning consistently they almost never covered. Vegas would post some stupid number because there was always stupid Cowboys money being wagered. Only time they finally started covering was in the late 80's.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#258 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:06 pm

blazza18 wrote:They probably are but It's hard to criticise anything they've been able to do when the OL has just continued to dominate the way they have. They've moved up and down the field on some legit defences.

You came to mind Bro...

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#259 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You have to actually be liked by the vast majority, to be considered AMERICA'S TEAM. :lol:

Were are loved by the vast majority, and not just in Texas. Huge fan base everywhere, all over the country. It's been that way since the 70's. Its just the way it is, can't change it or do anything about it. Its all set in stone, :lol. The sleeping giant has risen again. And once again, We are always on everyone's mind whether loved or hated. :rofl:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#260 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Hawks because they went from a lifelong suck fest to the legion of boom and all american boy Russell (even though they have a true scumbag of a coach)

Hey, don't forget we supposedly have the refs as our 13th man in Seattle. The league has our back. :wink:

And the hookers to take care of the refs, :wink: :lol:

Return to The General NFL Board