Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

NFL Off-Season Rumors/Coaches & Other News 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:32 am

Larry Fitzgerald Hints He May Play Elsewhere In 2017

No, I wouldn't say that I'm contemplating [retirement] right now," Fitzgerald said. "But I'm uncertain what I'm going to do moving forward. But I still love the game, I love the competition. I love being around the guys and competing for a championship. That's a lot of fun to me, and that's kind of where I’m at right now."

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/37849/Larry-Fitzgerald-Hints-He-May-Play-Elsewhere-In-2017
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Re: NFL Off-Season Rumors/Coaches & Other News 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:40 am

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#3 » by goober » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:40 pm

I saw Rappaport say that Sean Payton is interested in the Rams gig
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

No, I wouldn't say that I'm contemplating [retirement] right now," Fitzgerald said. "But I'm uncertain what I'm going to do moving forward. But I still love the game, I love the competition. I love being around the guys and competing for a championship. That's a lot of fun to me, and that's kind of where I’m at right now."

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/37849/Larry-Fitzgerald-Hints-He-May-Play-Elsewhere-In-2017

Translation - Carson Palmer is done. Get Romo in here. Or else.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

That was one of my first posts when I joined RealGm almost 3 years ago. Arizona would never go anywhere with Carson Palmer. Three years later, the same conversation is about to take place.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Can't help but wonder if the seat is getting hot for Rex Ryan again. Since firing his offensive coordinator, the defense has fallen apart. IMHO, the Ryan boys have over stayed their welcome in the NFL. And I also can't help wonder when the Bengal fans will wake up and give Lewis the boot. He has wasted enough opportunities of making the playoffs with not one playoff win in over a decade.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

That was one of my first posts when I joined RealGm almost 3 years ago. Arizona would never go anywhere with Carson Palmer. Three years later, the same conversation is about to take place.

Sounds good & all but Palmer is still owed alot of money next year ($24,125,000 cap hit). If he leaves that's alot of dead money ($28,750,000- Dead money) tied up toward their cap. Romo ain't signing for the minimum. Palmer ain't going anywhere.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:05 pm

The team I do feel most bad for are the Chargers. They don't even know where they will even play next year, their front office is a mess, no coach, a lot of injuries once again and an aging QB that is most definitly on a downward spiral.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The team I do feel most bad for are the Chargers. They don't even know where they will even play next year, their front office is a mess, no coach, a lot of injuries once again and an aging QB that is most definitly on a downward spiral.

Sadly, that team is gone. No way they stay in SD now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The team I do feel most bad for are the Chargers. They don't even know where they will even play next year, their front office is a mess, no coach, a lot of injuries once again and an aging QB that is most definitly on a downward spiral.

Something happen recently that I don't know about?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#11 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Something happen recently that I don't know about?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chargers/2016/11/09/san-diego-voters-overwhelmingly-reject-chargers-stadium-plan/93531020/

San Diego voters overwhelmingly reject Chargers stadium plan

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-owner-admits-that-hes-leaning-toward-ditching-san-diego/

Chargers owner admits that he's leaning toward ditching San Diego

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported on Sunday that the Chargers to L.A. is all but a done deal.

It will be made official next month.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Wow, rejected by their own fans. I guess the fans finally woke up and said we are not paying for a billionare's new stadium with the product he is putting on the field year after year. The NFL will be different without the Charger's in it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wow, rejected by their own fans. I guess the fans finally woke up and said we are not paying for a billionare's new stadium with the product he is putting on the field year after year. The NFL will be different without the Charger's in it.

Same thing happened here (public vote) & so the Sonic's left. It's getting harder & harder to get public money towards stadiums passed. Especially on the west coast.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:32 pm

You mean these billionare owners can't afford their won stadiums? Why can't the NFL step in and help out? They only fight over 9 billion dollars a year to divy up.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You mean these billionare owners can't afford their won stadiums? Why can't the NFL step in and help out? They only fight over 9 billion dollars a year to divy up.

Exactly. But, they've been exploiting cities for decades. They don't want to give up that cash cow. :wink:

Not every owner is willing to pay like JJ. Owners like Spanos are looking for handouts only.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:38 pm

On the flip side, I'm sure there a lot of other teams that are getting tired of loyally supporting their teams when owners continue to put out such a lousy product.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:41 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You mean these billionare owners can't afford their won stadiums? Why can't the NFL step in and help out? They only fight over 9 billion dollars a year to divy up.

Exactly. But, they've been exploiting cities for decades. They don't want to give up that cash cow. :wink:

Not every owner is willing to pay like JJ. Owners like Spanos are looking for handouts only.

Jerry would just out spend everyone. The problem with Jerry is he spends on the wrong characters. Just think were we would be today with Johnny Manziel instead of Martin and Frederick.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Jerry would just out spend everyone. The problem with Jerry is he spends on the wrong characters. Just think were we would be today with Johnny Manziel instead of Martin and Frederick.

Which is why I feel blessed to have an owner like Paul Allen. Dude is willing to spend but also stays out of the way. Hires the best football people & lets them do their job. The previous owner was more like Spanos. For as much flak as JJ gets, it could be a lot worse for Cowboy fans. Really only a handful of good ones.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:55 pm

You said the key words in your post. hires the best football people and lets them do their jobs. unfortunately we don't have Clint Murchinson and Tom Landry anymore.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#20 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You said the key words in your post. hires the best football people and lets them do their jobs. unfortunately we don't have Clint Murchinson and Tom Landry anymore.

Or Jimmy Johnson :wink:

Return to The General NFL Board