Chargers set to officially announce move to L.A.

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Re: Chargers set to officially announce move to L.A. 

Post#41 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Latrell wrote:I think LA is a place that isn't as hardcore into sports as many eastern cities. There's just so much to do, the weather is so great and there's SO many other teams. I think fans of the countless other LA sports teams see the Rams and Chargers as nuisance that the local media will be forced to cover at the expense of USC, Dodgers, Lakers etc. Not to mention teams like the Angels ,Clippers, Ducks and Kings who barely get coverage as it is despite actually being good.

I know that's why I'd hate it.

And most non-LA people hate it because we as fans like to cheer for small market teams. Places like Green Bay are great for the league and we know that there are many markets that would kill for a team. Instead a market that doesn't really care gets rewarded with 2 franchises lol.

Maybe you should move to a bigger market. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#43 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:24 am

bleu wrote:I just don't get why anyone in or from LA would say that they "don't want" another NFL team. It just seems so snobby to me. You whine and complain for the past how many years about not having one, then you complain that you only want one, not two. So dumb. If Utah were to get a team there would be absolute mass hysteria.

Especially when that other team is a team not named the Rams. If anything as an LA sports fan I would be thrilled that I don't have to cheer for that sorry ass franchise and that now there is a better option.

I think the idea LA people were whining and complaining about not having a team is completely off and fabricated
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#44 » by bleu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:14 am

This move does somewhat make me wonder if the Chargers know something about a potential Raiders move to Las Vegas. Because even though there wasn't a ton of talk about it, I HAVE to think that Vegas is a more desirable place for an NFL team to go rather than playing second fiddle in a marked that barely supports a first fiddle. Perhaps Oakland staked their claim on Vegas so the Chargers went to LA. Or maybe I'm way off.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#45 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:29 am

bleu wrote:This move does somewhat make me wonder if the Chargers know something about a potential Raiders move to Las Vegas. Because even though there wasn't a ton of talk about it, I HAVE to think that Vegas is a more desirable place for an NFL team to go rather than playing second fiddle in a marked that barely supports a first fiddle. Perhaps Oakland staked their claim on Vegas so the Chargers went to LA. Or maybe I'm way off.

The Raiders to Vegas is all but done. Oakland isn't going to pay for a new stadium. Just ain't gonna happen.
GotEm
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#46 » by GotEm » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:02 am

Looks like they changed the logo after backlash from the media.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#47 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:29 am

GotEm wrote:Looks like they changed the logo after backlash from the media.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#48 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:48 am

Great news! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/14/chargers-admit-mistake-ditch-initial-l-a-logo/

Chargers admit mistake, ditch initial L.A. logo Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2017, 1:29 PM EST

Not long after the Chargers announced their move to Los Angeles, they unveiled a new logo. It didn’t go well. To their credit, the Chargers heard the criticism, they agreed with it, and they have taken action. The much-criticized L.A. logo, which appeared to be based on the Dodgers’ logo, is gone.

“The logo that was revealed on Thursday was meant to help launch our brand into the market and supplement — not replace — our official team marks,” Chargers president of business operations A.G. Spanos said in a statement provided to PFT. “Clearly, we miscalculated how the logo would be received, and we’ve taken it out of the rotation.”
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#49 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:11 am

dockingsched wrote:
bleu wrote:I just don't get why anyone in or from LA would say that they "don't want" another NFL team. It just seems so snobby to me. You whine and complain for the past how many years about not having one, then you complain that you only want one, not two. So dumb. If Utah were to get a team there would be absolute mass hysteria.

Especially when that other team is a team not named the Rams. If anything as an LA sports fan I would be thrilled that I don't have to cheer for that sorry ass franchise and that now there is a better option.

I think the idea LA people were whining and complaining about not having a team is completely off and fabricated

Gotta remember the LA Raiders were good . So people liked the LA football teams. The rams had Dickerson. Now LA has everything no more whinin lol.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#50 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
GotEm wrote:Looks like they changed the logo after backlash from the media.

Better
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:14 am

Los Angeles is in for some long, hard, bad years with the Rams and Chargers.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#52 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:34 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Los Angeles is in for some long, hard, bad years with the Rams and Chargers.

Chargers have Rivers still that's somthing. Rams don't have anything of note
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#53 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:36 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Los Angeles is in for some long, hard, bad years with the Rams and Chargers.

The Chargers had like five season ending injuries to five of their top 10 players, and despite that, almost all of their losses were within one score. They should have beaten KC on the road in the first game, but the Keenan Allen season ending injury when they were up like 24-3 had an impact on that game.

They also had multiple injuries to the line and Bosa didn't start for a month or so and likely makes a difference in those early extremely close games against KC, the Saints and the Colts.

They easily could be one of the best teams in the AFC next year if they could stay healthy imo. And that isn't all being a homer, but more objectively talking.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:44 am

bwgood77 wrote:

The Chargers had like five season ending injuries to five of their top 10 players, and despite that, almost all of their losses were within one score. They should have beaten KC on the road in the first game, but the Keenan Allen season ending injury when they were up like 24-3 had an impact on that game.

They also had multiple injuries to the line and Bosa didn't start for a month or so and likely makes a difference in those early extremely close games against KC, the Saints and the Colts.

They easily could be one of the best teams in the AFC next year if they could stay healthy imo. And that isn't all being a homer, but more objectively talking.

I understand that. But you have no coach, no real fan loyalty anymore, the front office is a damn mess, (and believe me, this may be the worse part. Look how are front office was from 2002-2-24 when Jerry was totally calling all the shots, etc,.), your owner is only interested in making money instead of forking out money of his won for a stadium and Rivers is on the downside of his career. IMHO, I don't see the Chargers being relevant for quite a while.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:49 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I understand that. But you have no coach, no real fan loyalty anymore, the front office is a damn mess, (and believe me, this may be the worse part. Look how are front office was from 2002-2-24 when Jerry was totally calling all the shots, etc,.), your owner is only interested in making money instead of forking out money of his won for a stadium and Rivers is on the downside of his career. IMHO, I don't see the Chargers being relevant for quite a while.

We do have a coach, and from what I've heard from Buffalo fans, a solid one. All that really matters is the coach and players. And them staying healthy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:54 am

I don't have the faith in your new coach as you do. If your serious about contending and playing for championships, you go out and get the best mind and coach in the game without question. Let let him get his own people and get to work. But I don't see that happening. Like I said earlier, until you fix the mess in the front office, it will always be a mess, trust me.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#57 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:54 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

We do have a coach, and from what I've heard from Buffalo fans, a solid one. All that really matters is the coach and players. And them staying healthy.

Hopefully Gordon gets better in off season.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#58 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:57 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't have the faith in your new coach as you do. If your serious about contending and playing for championships, you go out and get the best mind and coach in the game without question. Let let him get his own people and get to work. But I don't see that happening. Like I said earlier, until you fix the mess in the front office, it will always be a mess, trust me.

It's a long ride and there is FO issues but if they defense gets better and they go over 500 first season it's possible make a playoff birth. Carr recovering , broncos don't have QB and older defense. The chiefs is the only team in way in the division
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#59 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:17 am

Read on Twitter
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#60 » by bleu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Absolutely ridiculous. Stupid. Crazy. Why on earth would anyone do that? Even if you plan to stick with and cheer for the Rams, I just don't understand this.

Return to The General NFL Board