Free Agency 2017

Moderator: bwgood77

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Re: Free Agents 2017: Early "where will they go" thread 

Post#41 » by therealbig3 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 7:11 am

I'd take Desean back with open arms. I think Otis is being a little too harsh with him, he's always been a very good receiver with legit impact, not an empty stats guy. He is a knucklehead though, he'll continue to showboat/argue and pick up dumb penalties, and he'll continue to avoid going over the middle to avoid big hits, but the good outweighs the bad.

He'd INSTANTLY be the best offensive player for Wentz to work with, by far.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#42 » by therealbig3 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 7:12 am

I think Martellus Bennett is gone by the way. He mentioned it right after winning the SB when he was being interviewed, that teams overpay for SB winners. He's looking to get his money.

Which teams could use a TE?
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#43 » by Mind_Odyssey » Wed Feb 8, 2017 11:52 am

therealbig3 wrote:I think Martellus Bennett is gone by the way. He mentioned it right after winning the SB when he was being interviewed, that teams overpay for SB winners. He's looking to get his money.

Why has he been so adamant about leaving NE?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#44 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:17 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I think Martellus Bennett is gone by the way. He mentioned it right after winning the SB when he was being interviewed, that teams overpay for SB winners. He's looking to get his money.

First off - you're right. He's gone. I saw the same thing you saw and it screamed "I got my ring - gonna go get my money now".

As far as "who needs a TE" - I guess it depends on what he thinks he's going to get paid. Looking at "Over The Cap" and TE's... Cameron gets $5M. And I see one team with a glaring need.

Giants.

http://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess there is high interest in both Adrian Petersen and Demarcus Ware coming to the Cowboys.

I don't know why we would even be interested in AP. Not at what it would take for him to come here. And I love Ware (I know he's not one of your fav's :lol: ) but aging players with back issues are the kind of risk (even at the vet minimum) we need to move on from.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:27 pm

Mind_Odyssey wrote:Cleveland cut Tramon Williams and Josh Mccown. They're expected to release RG3. That clears up an extra $15 mil in cap space. That'd put us at $112 million in total cap space and that's including the extension we gave Jamie Collins already. There's quite a few other guys I can see being cut too.

So... you need a QB. Again.

Sorry Bro. I can't help it.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#47 » by Mind_Odyssey » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:18 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:Cleveland cut Tramon Williams and Josh Mccown. They're expected to release RG3. That clears up an extra $15 mil in cap space. That'd put us at $112 million in total cap space and that's including the extension we gave Jamie Collins already. There's quite a few other guys I can see being cut too.

Unless they wanted to roll out Kessler as a starter, we needed one anyways. I'm just praying we don't draft Watson over Myles Garrett. I don't care what the idiots in the media say.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 8, 2017 3:03 pm

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Unless they wanted to roll out Kessler as a starter, we needed one anyways. I'm just praying we don't draft Watson over Myles Garrett. I don't care what the idiots in the media say.

I'm with you. I have a standing rule about QB's. Unless they are absolutely "Can't Miss", always take the best player available with the #1 pick. Garrett is as sure fire an immediate starter and impact player as anyone in the draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,294

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 8, 2017 4:10 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess there is high interest in both Adrian Petersen and Demarcus Ware coming to the Cowboys.

I don't know why we would even be interested in AP. Not at what it would take for him to come here. And I love Ware (I know he's not one of your fav's :lol: ) but aging players with back issues are the kind of risk (even at the vet minimum) we need to move on from.

I didn't mean to apply we had interest in them. They have interest in coming to big - D.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,294

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 8, 2017 4:13 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Hey, how about Romo for one of your first round picks. I'd go for that. Lets see if Jerry is really the business man everyone says he is.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#51 » by Mind_Odyssey » Wed Feb 8, 2017 9:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Hey, how about Romo for one of your first round picks. I'd go for that. Lets see if Jerry is really the business man everyone says he is.

Is there a negative And-1 feature on this site? :P
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 9, 2017 12:20 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Is there a negative And-1 feature on this site? :P

If I could multiple "And 1" to your post I would.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#53 » by Mich3006 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:09 am

I think they should keep him at least this season. The Browns shouldn´t "waste" another high pick for a QB, their top-priorities should be their secondary and the O-Line. RGIII is an injured-prone player but he has the talent to deliver if the O-Line is at least solid.

Rumor has it that Gronk will be gone this offseason, and I think this would be a smart decision. Gronk´s contract expires after next year and even if Bennett demand big money he won´t be that expensive like Gronkowski.

The Bears will offer a nice package and I think the Patriots will think twice about their TE-situation.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#54 » by Mind_Odyssey » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:21 am

Ayatollah wrote:

I think they should keep him at least this season. The Browns shouldn´t "waste" another high pick for a QB, their top-priorities should be their secondary and the O-Line. RGIII is an injured-prone player but he has the talent to deliver if the O-Line is at least solid.

Rumor has it that Gronk will be gone this offseason, and I think this would be a smart decision. Gronk´s contract expires after next year and even if Bennett demand big money he won´t be that expensive like Gronkowski.

The Bears will offer a nice package and I think the Patriots will think twice about their TE-situation.

From what I understand Hue said the biggest problem with the offense last year was the consistent " Voice " behind center. When your OL doesn't know who's starting from week to week it's ten times harder to prepare. From what I understand Hues Ideal QB doesn't need to have a 50 cal attached to his shoulder, or exceptional Wheels. He needs to be smart, accurate, and Have great anticipation on breaks. But most importantly above all else he needs to command the huddle, the calls, and the adjustments. Some of his calls demand a certain tone that determines the length and the depth of route. He apparently spent hours last year with the QBS just on communication and speaking in the huddle. If you can't control your voice and command Hues offense becomes complex and confusing. Hues said multiple times in QB meetings that the reason a play didn't work was because the play was delivered inaccurately to rest of the 10 guys. So when it came to blocking the OL tendency was to guess and unfortunately that fell on Ervin " the weak link " their words exactly. If you took McCowns command and understand of the playbook and gave to Cody. Give Cody alittle better arm to jolt the ball to the outside we wouldn't be having this QB controversy again. I Hues offense is designed much like Gregg Williams defense where it masks deficiencies or flaws of the QB and plays to their strengths. The only thing you have to be Elite it is understand and command.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
From what I understand Hue said the biggest problem with the offense last year was the consistent " Voice " behind center. When your OL doesn't know who's starting from week to week it's ten times harder to prepare. From what I understand Hues Ideal QB doesn't need to have a 50 cal attached to his shoulder, or exceptional Wheels. He needs to be smart, accurate, and Have great anticipation on breaks. But most importantly above all else he needs to command the huddle, the calls, and the adjustments. Some of his calls demand a certain tone that determines the length and the depth of route. He apparently spent hours last year with the QBS just on communication and speaking in the huddle. If you can't control your voice and command Hues offense becomes complex and confusing. Hues said multiple times in QB meetings that the reason a play didn't work was because the play was delivered inaccurately to rest of the 10 guys. So when it came to blocking the OL tendency was to guess and unfortunately that fell on Ervin " the weak link " their words exactly. If you took McCowns command and understand of the playbook and gave to Cody. Give Cody alittle better arm to jolt the ball to the outside we wouldn't be having this QB controversy again. I Hues offense is designed much like Gregg Williams defense where it masks deficiencies or flaws of the QB and plays to their strengths. The only thing you have to be Elite it is understand and command.

Only problem with the "masking" of the QB deficiencies... if he has little in the area of weapons, it's hard to mask that too.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#56 » by Mind_Odyssey » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 pm

I feel in regard to weapons that we only need 2 more max. A slot wide receiver and another tight end. Crowell was leading the league in rushing until teams finally realized you can put 9 guys in the box because our QBs couldn't throw it deep.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#58 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:40 pm

I'd love to have him.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I'd love to have him.

Me too. If he's healthy, he can play!
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#60 » by jwise44 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 pm

I still want Telly to come home!!! But it sucks he wants to go after his money since he got his ring, I hadn't heard that:(...I wanted a hometown discount!

Victor Cruz would be a great get if he comes cheap

Return to The General NFL Board