NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Super Bowl LI | 02.05.17 | Houston | Patriots @ Falcons | 6:30 PM ET | FOX 

Post#461 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:01 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
TMU wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:So matt Ryan. . What can we say really ? Biggest choke by QB?

Not his fault this time. Devonta Freeman stands there absent minded resulting in Ryan's fumble loss. Alex Mack plays injured and ends up hurting the offensive line with his multiple porous protection. Dan Quinn somehow forgetting to run with being up 25 points. Falcons secondaries playing like pedestrians in the 2nd half.

If he doesn't get sacked and they kick FG it's over.

Well, there's no guarantee that they make the field goal. Could've missed it, fumbled the snap, or had the FG blocked. Nothing is guaranteed.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#462 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:01 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Omg too soon....
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#463 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:02 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
TMU wrote:
Not his fault this time. Devonta Freeman stands there absent minded resulting in Ryan's fumble loss. Alex Mack plays injured and ends up hurting the offensive line with his multiple porous protection. Dan Quinn somehow forgetting to run with being up 25 points. Falcons secondaries playing like pedestrians in the 2nd half.

If he doesn't get sacked and they kick FG it's over.

Well, there's no guarantee that they make the field goal. Could've missed it, fumbled the snap, or had the FG blocked. Nothing is guaranteed.

Juilo put them in pretty good spot but that's true ..... the holding call as well killed them
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#464 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:02 am

Geddy wrote:I felt bad for Arthur Blank in a weird way

Maybe he was the jinx.

He was up in the suite while they were winning. He came down to the field presumably because he thought the lead was safe and he was just saving himself time for the walk to get the trophy at the end.

I feel bad for him too.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#465 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:03 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Omg too soon....

Social media has no mercy.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#466 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:04 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Omg too soon....

Social media has no mercy.

True# savages
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#467 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:13 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:I uhh will... Um. I don't think I'll ever get over this. This is the pain of 2012 times 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Having lived through Game 6 of the 2011 World Series, I feel your pain.

Nellie Cruz :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,774

Post#468 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:17 am

I was pulling for the Falcons in a big way, not as a big time fan, though I do love high powered offenses and Matt Ryan. More importantly, I can't stand the Patriots.

I can't imagine how this game feels for Falcons fans. I feel sick to my stomach and am not even a Falcons fan.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#469 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:I was pulling for the Falcons in a big way, not as a big time fan, though I do love high powered offenses and Matt Ryan. More importantly, I can't stand the Patriots.

I can't imagine how this game feels for Falcons fans. I feel sick to my stomach and am not even a Falcons fan.

As a Broncos fan, I can tell you things get much easier when you just recognize that they're the best and Brady is the GOAT. I've become desensitized to the Patriots winning so it doesn't bother me anywhere near to the degree that it used to. :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#470 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:I was pulling for the Falcons in a big way, not as a big time fan, though I do love high powered offenses and Matt Ryan. More importantly, I can't stand the Patriots.

I would argue losing SB 49 the way we did was ultimately worse. But, blowing a 25 point lead is up there for sure. Both losses were the result of poor coaching. Simple as that. I feel awful for Dan Quinn. Dude has been through the wringer.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#471 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:28 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

I would argue losing SB 49 the way we did was ultimately worse. But, blowing a 25 point lead is up there for sure. Both losses were the result of poor coaching. Simple as that.

That was terrible, but this was worse. But as a fan, I'm sure you feel that is worse as would I in that case.

Up 28-3 with 2 something minutes left in the 3rd?

Maybe because this felt like a way the Chargers blow it. Build a huge lead, then just leave tiny windows open, make one bad turnover at the wrong time, allow 2 pt conversions, almost int a pass only to have some crazy int because it landed on someone's leg/arm, lose the coin toss, and just have a tired defense. I can feel for Falcons fans.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#472 » by jonjames » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:33 am

I'm so glad I was wrong! I was really shocked that the Patriots actually converted on both 2 pt conversions. It seems like the Falcons defense just melted down in the fourth quarter and OT after playing the Patriots so well for 3 quarters. Just excellent coaching by Belichick and an excellent team win by the Patriots. I had my doubts on them all year after losing Gronkowski and Chandler Jones. I didn't think they'd actually win one without Gronkowski. Also Julian Edelman >>>>>> Wes Welker. Lose two Super Bowls with Welker and win two with Edelman lol.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#473 » by Mind_Odyssey » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:37 am

Only good commercial tonight-

PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,544

Post#474 » by PierceFan4ever » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:53 am

At this point, Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time and it's not even close now
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: RE: Re: Super Bowl LI | 02.05.17 | Houston | Patriots @ Falcons | 6:30 PM ET | FOX 

Post#475 » by bleu » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:08 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

As a Broncos fan, I can tell you things get much easier when you just recognize that they're the best and Brady is the GOAT. I've become desensitized to the Patriots winning so it doesn't bother me anywhere near to the degree that it used to.

That is exactly the case. New England used to make me sick, I cheered against them in almost every circumstance. And I still don't particularly like them. But when you just step back and remove emotions a little bit to realize the greatness of that team it's much more bearable/enjoyable.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#476 » by Latrell » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:11 am

This was Divine Intervention! You know what "divine intervention" is?

Yeah, I think so. That means God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets.

Yeah, man, that's what it means. That's exactly what it means! God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets.

I think we should be going now.

Don't do that! Don't you **** do that! Don't blow this **** off! What just happened was a **** miracle!

Chill the **** out, Jules, this **** happens.

Wrong! Wrong,Wrong!! this **** doesn't just happen.

Do you wanna continue this theological discussion in the car, or at the jailhouse with the cops?

We should be ****' dead now, my friend! We just witnessed a miracle, and I want you to **** acknowledge it!

Okay man, it was a miracle, can we leave now?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: RE: Re: Super Bowl LI | 02.05.17 | Houston | Patriots @ Falcons | 6:30 PM ET | FOX 

Post#477 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:17 am

bleu wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

As a Broncos fan, I can tell you things get much easier when you just recognize that they're the best and Brady is the GOAT. I've become desensitized to the Patriots winning so it doesn't bother me anywhere near to the degree that it used to.

That is exactly the case. New England used to make me sick, I cheered against them in almost every circumstance. And I still don't particularly like them. But when you just step back and remove emotions a little bit to realize the greatness of that team it's much more bearable/enjoyable.

I can appreciate that they have a solid team, but I won't change the fact that watching a team like the Falcons fold against them make me despise them any less. I typically pull for underdogs, but never pull for the teams who have won a bunch, particularly when they have cheated in the past.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#478 » by goober » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:22 am

Falcons won the popular vote so.....

#NotMySuperBowlChampion
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,209

Post#479 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:22 am

Damn, you know people are haters when they're STILL finding ways to hate Brady, and say that he was "lucky" when he was in a 28-3 hole late in the 3rd. Receivers dropping passes, defense giving up TDs, O-line getting owned and letting him get hit on every pass play...and he ends up coming back and winning once the defense finally steps up and his receivers stop dropping passes.

He just led the greatest comeback in SB history, and people will continue to hate.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#480 » by laika » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:33 am

Bank Shot wrote:It's crazy how different Brady's legacy would look if Seattle and Atlanta had just ran the ball. He would have had three ring instead of five with the three coming before his prime and before Spygate. What a comeback. What a choke.

Brady came extremely close to winning 7 super bowls.

At 2-2 you might say that the luck evened out.

Return to The General NFL Board