Could the Cowboys get Myles Garrett?

Moderator: bwgood77

orlandomanic
Bench Warmer
And1: 334

Could the Cowboys get Myles Garrett? 

Post#1 » by orlandomanic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:30 am

Dallas trades 3 first round picks for Myles Garrett...

Would this trade work?

Would the Browns, 49ers, or Bears accept such a trade?

Would this be too much for the Cowboys to give up for Myles Garrett?
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Re: Could the Cowboys get Myles Garrett? 

Post#2 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:44 am

Von Miller and Michael Crabtree wanted to be cowboys too. Zero chance Cleveland passes on MG. I'd put it in the negatives if I could.

Von Miller:
"The Dallas Cowboys," he said. "I hope so. They say, 'Speak it into existence,' and I hope I go to the Cowboys. I'm planning on going to the Cowboys."

Chances are Miller won't get that far; the Cowboys have the ninth overall pick and would likely have to trade up into the top three - maybe even as high as No. 2 - to get Miller. The consensus is that Miller will go to either the Broncos at No. 2 or the Bills at No. 3. But Miller assures the Cowboys he'd make it worth their while to deal up.

"If Jerry Jones drafts me," he said, "I'll be the best Cowboy he's ever had. I promise him that."

He understand there are no guarantees, though.

"You never know what happens," Miller said. "These drafts, nobody can be 100 percent sure what's going on. Hopefully I'm drafted by the team I want to be at."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:59 pm

I wish. But the Cowboys still have to get under the 2017 salary cap even with 18 UFA's leaving.

Enjoy Lake Erie, Myles.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#4 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Nope he's gone . It's close to forgone conclusion he's not doing the combine though.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#5 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:32 pm

As a Browns fan I hope they go with Allen or trade down within the top 5. Hard to risk taking another player who doesn't want to be there.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#6 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Also, don't take me as gospel, but someone I trust is close to a Browns scout. Unless Myles kills a dead hooker and snorts coke off of her, he's a lock for #1.

Browns also love Alvin Kamara and OJ Howard.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#7 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Also, you guys will get a kick out of this but the NFL really wants the Browns on hard knocks because of Hue Jackson and Greg Williams being good for ratings. However, Hue absolutely does NOT want to be on it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:53 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:Also, don't take me as gospel, but someone I trust is close to a Browns scout. Unless Myles kills a dead hooker and snorts coke off of her, he's a lock for #1.

There was some talk last week about Howard possibly dropping to the Cowboys. Fat chance that happens. But I don't think you take him over Garrett at #1.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#9 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:54 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:Also, don't take me as gospel, but someone I trust is close to a Browns scout. Unless Myles kills a dead hooker and snorts coke off of her, he's a lock for #1.

There was some talk last week about Howard possibly dropping to the Cowboys. Fat chance that happens. But I don't think you take him over Garrett at #1.

From what I was told, OJ is a universal top 10 pick. Fournettes stock will fall because he has "old man legs."
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#10 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Another draft tidbit, don't be shocked if Solomon Thomas gets drafted ahead of Johnathan Allen. Possibly as high as to the Bears. They're deciding between Adams and Thomas.

Tak McKinney will be a top 10 pick, possibly to Carolina.

1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers: Jamal Adams FS LSU (They badly want to trade down, watch out for Buffalo)
3. Chicago Bears: Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonathan Allen DE Alabama
5. Tennessee Titans: OJ Howard TE Alabama
6. New York Jets: Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
7. LA Chargers: Malik Hooker FS Ohio State
8. Carolina Panthers: Takk McKinley DE UCLA
9. Cincinatti Bengals: Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
10. Buffalo Bills: Deshaun Watson QB Clemson
11. New Orleans Saints: Reuben Foster ILB Alabama
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#11 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:36 pm

The price would be too high for the Cowboys to trade up for Myles Garrett. Stephen Jones and Will McClay covet draft picks. They are not going to give up their entire draft plus picks in following years (because that's what it would take to move up from 28 to 1) for a single player. Especially considering this draft is deep in DE's.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#12 » by Mich3006 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:30 am

Myles Garrett is a top3 guarantee (#1 but we´re talking about the Browns and the 49ers at #2 so QB selections are a possibility) and the Cowboys would´ve to offer way too much to trade up, won´t happen.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#13 » by Mind_Odyssey » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:52 am

Ayatollah wrote:Myles Garrett is a top3 guarantee (#1 but we´re talking about the Browns and the 49ers at #2 so QB selections are a possibility) and the Cowboys would´ve to offer way too trade up in the top3, won´t happen.

Take what I'm saying as a grain of salt. However, based on stuff I've been told by people who know Browns scouts and other incredibly influencial people, it's a 100% lock MG is #1. The Browns "QB spot" is pick 12 or 33.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Mich3006 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:01 pm

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Myles Garrett is a top3 guarantee (#1 but we´re talking about the Browns and the 49ers at #2 so QB selections are a possibility) and the Cowboys would´ve to offer way too trade up in the top3, won´t happen.

Take what I'm saying as a grain of salt. However, based on stuff I've been told by people who know Browns scouts and other incredibly influencial people, it's a 100% lock MG is #1. The Browns "QB spot" is pick 12 or 33.

A Jamie Collins/Myles Garrett-led secondary is a nice start to rebuild...
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#15 » by Mind_Odyssey » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Ayatollah wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:

You're right, but we have other pieces as well: Christian Kirksey (future star imo), Danny Shelton (really improved this year), Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Haden, and a bunch of depth.

I've also heard the team will be extremely aggressive in free Agency towards fixing the secondary.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Mich3006 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:

You're right, but we have other pieces as well: Christian Kirksey (future star imo), Danny Shelton (really improved this year), Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Haden, and a bunch of depth.

I've also heard the team will be extremely aggressive in free Agency towards fixing the secondary.

I think Joe Haden will be on the block for the right price...
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#17 » by Mind_Odyssey » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:57 am

Ayatollah wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:A Jamie Collins/Myles Garrett-led secondary is a nice start to rebuild...

Meh.... I'd be surprised. The Browns will go after Trumaine Johnson. However, there's no reason to move Haden.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Mich3006 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:

Meh.... I'd be surprised. The Browns will go after Trumaine Johnson. However, there's no reason to move Haden.

Johnson won´t leave the Rams, they´ll tag him once again if necessary imo.

Regarding Haden, I wouldn´t trade him as well but I think he could net a solid return.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#19 » by Mind_Odyssey » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 am

Ayatollah wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:I think Joe Haden will be on the block for the right price...

Johnson won´t leave the Rams, they´ll tag him once again if necessary imo.

Regarding Haden, I wouldn´t trade him as well but I think he could net a solid return.

They have 37 million in cap space and have to resign guys + pay rookies. Tagging Trumaine is going to make money REALLY tight for them. This is also assuming they go after nobody in free agency,

Also it doesn't make sense to just keep acquiring draft picks.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#20 » by bleu » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Myles Garrett is a very special player, and he will do well in the NFL. That said, if my team traded three first-rounders for him, I would be pissed. You just never know how a player will pan out, and that is a LOT to give up for one guy.

Return to The General NFL Board