WLAF team logos

Moderator: bwgood77

Brownsbacker44
Ballboy
And1: 2

WLAF team logos 

Post#1 » by Brownsbacker44 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:08 pm

I have a question about the old WLAF teams that were active in the early 90's, then became NFL Europe. None of those teams no longer active, but I wanted to ask if a portion of a team logo can be re-issued and altered for a new team logo?
What I mean is I want to use half of an old team logo, and add something new to it, and give it a new look for a 'fantasy team. Can this be done without causing any friction as a trademark issue?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: WLAF team logos 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Brownsbacker44 wrote:I have a question about the old WLAF teams that were active in the early 90's, then became NFL Europe. None of those teams no longer active, but I wanted to ask if a portion of a team logo can be re-issued and altered for a new team logo?
What I mean is I want to use half of an old team logo, and add something new to it, and give it a new look for a 'fantasy team. Can this be done without causing any friction as a trademark issue?

Pretty certain that as long as you aren't profiting from it you're good to go. So - don't win your fantasy league.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to The General NFL Board