NFL Draft Discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 8, 2017 2:09 am

Well, I don't watch ESPN so I don't know where that came from. As many red flag players we have had over the years thanks to Jerry, I know how certain red flag players can effect a teams over all culture.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, I don't watch ESPN so I don't know where that came from. As many red flag players we have had over the years thanks to Jerry, I know how certain red flag players can effect a teams over all culture.

They sure can. Doesn't mean I will completely dismiss bringing one in with "red flags" but I (and you) don't need any more Greg Hardy's.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#23 » by bleu » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:58 am

If my Panthers pick up a damn running back with their first round pick I may drink myself into a rest-of-the-offseason coma
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:08 am

bleu wrote:If my Panthers pick up a damn running back with their first round pick I may drink myself into a rest-of-the-offseason coma

What moves have they made? Any? Haven't followed.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by bleu » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:31 am

Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

I'm not opposed to picking up a RB, I've never felt like Jonathan Stewart is anything special. But an early first rounder isn't the way to go about getting one. I even really like Fournette, but if we waste that pick on him I'll be pissed.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:57 am

I forgot Peppers was still playing. He's got to be in his mid to upper 30's.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#27 » by jwise44 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:37 am

bleu wrote:Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

I'm not opposed to picking up a RB, I've never felt like Jonathan Stewart is anything special. But an early first rounder isn't the way to go about getting one. I even really like Fournette, but if we waste that pick on him I'll be pissed.

As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

The guy has injury concerns, but I feel they're overblown. he is super human when he's at full health

But then again since my whole family is louisianian which means lsu fan since birth I may just be buying into the hype too much...I'd love to see cam get a running back like that (what I think he can be) as a huge cam fan
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#28 » by Mind_Odyssey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:12 pm

The Fournette at #1 is rumors put out by his agent. Watch, you're gonna start hearing the agents of QBs start saying the same things.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by bleu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:The Fournette at #1 is rumors put out by his agent. Watch, you're gonna start hearing the agents of QBs start saying the same things.

Yeah, there is absolutely no chance. None. I would be surprised if he's picked in the top 10.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by bleu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:36 am

jwise44 wrote:
bleu wrote:Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

The guy has injury concerns, but I feel they're overblown. he is super human when he's at full health

But then again since my whole family is louisianian which means lsu fan since birth I may just be buying into the hype too much...I'd love to see cam get a running back like that (what I think he can be) as a huge cam fan

Interesting, thanks for the perspective. I can't say I watched him a ton at LSU but I'm just so so against picking up running backs in the early first round. Unless they are sure franchise changers like Zeke was. I think so many teams waste those valuable early picks on dime-a-dozen guys.

But at the same time I do know that Cam at this age and health desperately needs some help in the running game. I would just prefer they grab one with their late first or early second round pick. Or use one of those to get one from another team. Then use the first to get an OT.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:50 pm

jwise44 wrote:

Really. You really want that type of characteristic in a player? A player who doesn't try and give it his all every time he plays. I'll bet you anything you want that he won't be better than Zek. You are just getting foolish now and have given us Cowboy fans just another chuckle and reason why you will ALWAYS play second fiddle us. You guys should try playing fiddle and see if your even good at that. :lol:
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#32 » by jwise44 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:

Really. You really want that type of characteristic in a player? A player who doesn't try and give it his all every time he plays. I'll bet you anything you want that he won't be better than Zek. You are just getting foolish now and have given us Cowboy fans just another chuckle and reason why you will ALWAYS play second fiddle us. You guys should try playing fiddle and see if your even good at that. :lol:

Yes, my opinion on one incoming rookie is clearly the reason the Texans aren't as good as the cowboys
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#33 » by hermes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 am

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 pm

bleu wrote:Interesting, thanks for the perspective. I can't say I watched him a ton at LSU but I'm just so so against picking up running backs in the early first round. Unless they are sure franchise changers like Zeke was. I think so many teams waste those valuable early picks on dime-a-dozen guys.

But at the same time I do know that Cam at this age and health desperately needs some help in the running game. I would just prefer they grab one with their late first or early second round pick. Or use one of those to get one from another team. Then use the first to get an OT.

I'm the same way about QB's. Unless you are absolutely certain the guy is a no-brainer, franchise changer then you are better off trusting your board and going after the best player available. There sure are a lot of GM's out there who will reach for one though. You watch - at least two or maybe three will go in the 1st round later this month. I'm not certain any of them are first round material.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:07 pm

I think the sleeper out of the bunch might be that Dobbs kid out of Tennessee.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#36 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:16 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think the sleeper out of the bunch might be that Dobbs kid out of Tennessee.

I know Hue loves him. Even if we draft another QB high, Hue will want Dobbs with a late round pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

Yes, my opinion on one incoming rookie is clearly the reason the Texans aren't as good as the cowboys

So your family is from Louisiana. Things are much clearer to me now, :lol: In that state, guys named Bubba go to law school.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Joe Mixon reaches settlement with woman he punched in 2014
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/21/joe-mixon-amelia-molitor-settlement

Joe Mixon has reached a settlement with Amelia Molitor, the woman he struck in 2014 while enrolled at Oklahoma.

The two parties issued a joint statement on Friday, saying they had met privately and amicably resolved and dismissed Molitor’s civil suit.

I'm thankful Mia and I were able to talk privately," Mixon said in the statement. "I was able to apologize to her one-to-one. The way I reacted that night, that's not me. That's not the way I was raised. I think she understands that. Talking together helps move us past what happened.

"I know I have to keep working to be a better person, and this is another step in that direction. I love working with kids, and I'm looking for more chances to do that kind of work. I want to lead a life that inspires them, and I hope I can lead by example from today forward."

SI.com

Still doesn't change the fact that a number of OU fans I know locally who have seen every play of his say he's dumb as a rock and a Trent Richardson starter kit. Buyer beware.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#39 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Prediction: Browns trade up to 5 for Mitch Trubisky. 12,52, and 5th and most likely a 2nd next year.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#40 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:58 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Joe Mixon reaches settlement with woman he punched in 2014
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/21/joe-mixon-amelia-molitor-settlement

Joe Mixon has reached a settlement with Amelia Molitor, the woman he struck in 2014 while enrolled at Oklahoma.

The two parties issued a joint statement on Friday, saying they had met privately and amicably resolved and dismissed Molitor’s civil suit.

I'm thankful Mia and I were able to talk privately," Mixon said in the statement. "I was able to apologize to her one-to-one. The way I reacted that night, that's not me. That's not the way I was raised. I think she understands that. Talking together helps move us past what happened.

"I know I have to keep working to be a better person, and this is another step in that direction. I love working with kids, and I'm looking for more chances to do that kind of work. I want to lead a life that inspires them, and I hope I can lead by example from today forward."

SI.com

Still doesn't change the fact that a number of OU fans I know locally who have seen every play of his say he's dumb as a rock and a Trent Richardson starter kit. Buyer beware.

'...and God, and the Bible..."

We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.

Return to The General NFL Board