Ryan Leaf

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

Cactus Jack
General Manager
And1: 4,538

Ryan Leaf 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 am

ESPN recently aired an E:60 documentary on Ryan Leaf & I gotta say it's a definite watch for anyone who's interested.

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-chargers/post/_/id/20471/while-in-prison-ex-chargers-qb-ryan-leaf-found-a-purpose
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Otis Driftwood
Analyst
And1: 1,041

Re: Ryan Leaf 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed May 24, 2017 11:48 am

I watched it last Sunday morning. They've shown bits and pieces of it over the last couple of months as well as an interview between Bob Ley & Leaf on OTL. It was a terrific piece. A real life example of how far it is to the bottom when you think you know it all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Revived
RealGM
And1: 5,825

Post#3 » by Revived » Thu May 25, 2017 3:17 am

Amazing how him and Peyton were selected one pick apart.

How the Bolts history could have changed with Peyton instead...
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,085

Post#4 » by bleu » Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 am

I haven't watched this yet, though I want to. But Leaf wrote an incredible article for The Players Tribune a little while ago and it was heartbreaking. He wrote it as somewhat of a letter to himself going over all of the mistakes he made and what he would change. Really tough story, but it gives an NFL perspective rarely seen by the public.
:football: COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! :football:
Join me on the NCAA Football board for college football week 3 discussion
viewtopic.php?f=142&t=1615253
Cactus Jack
General Manager
And1: 4,538

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 25, 2017 6:11 am

bleu wrote:I haven't watched this yet, though I want to. But Leaf wrote an incredible article for The Players Tribune a little while ago and it was heartbreaking. He wrote it as somewhat of a letter to himself going over all of the mistakes he made and what he would change. Really tough story, but it gives an NFL perspective rarely seen by the public.

I watched it last night & actually got emotional about it lol. You can't help but be happy for the guy. He seems to have completely turned his life around for the good.

I can't imagine being 21 & having millions/fame just handed to me. I'm not sure I would have handled it much better to be honest. :wink:
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Otis Driftwood
Analyst

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu May 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:I haven't watched this yet, though I want to. But Leaf wrote an incredible article for The Players Tribune a little while ago and it was heartbreaking. He wrote it as somewhat of a letter to himself going over all of the mistakes he made and what he would change. Really tough story, but it gives an NFL perspective rarely seen by the public.

I watched it last night & actually got emotional about it lol. You can't help but be happy for the guy. He seems to have completely turned his life around for the good.

I can't imagine being 21 & having millions/fame just handed to me. I'm not sure I would have handled it much better to be honest. :wink:

He admits it. He was way too cocky even in HS... and college... and was in no way prepared for failure. Not much different than a lot of kids at that age.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 15,133

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

He admits it. He was way too cocky even in HS... and college... and was in no way prepared for failure. Not much different than a lot of kids at that age.

I didn't even know this was out there...will have to check it out. I remember he started his NFL career at 2-0 and I was really excited. It went downhill from there.
Otis Driftwood
Analyst

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I watched it last night & actually got emotional about it lol. You can't help but be happy for the guy. He seems to have completely turned his life around for the good.

I didn't even know this was out there...will have to check it out. I remember he started his NFL career at 2-0 and I was really excited. It went downhill from there.

Hope you can find it somewhere in the ESPN archives. The E:60 stuff is becoming a must watch on Sunday mornings. The one this morning on perfect games in baseball was terrific.

Return to The General NFL Board