Chargers trade for Cardale Jones

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Chargers trade for Cardale Jones 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:16 am

The Los Angeles Chargers have acquired Bills second-year quarterback Cardale Jones in a trade that sends a conditional draft pick back to Buffalo. A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter the draft pick is conditional for the seventh round.

The Ohio State product is familiar with new Chargers coach Anthony Lynn, as Lynn served as Buffalo's interim head coach at the end of last season. Jones also is joining ex-Buckeyes teammates Joey Bosa and Joshua Perry in Los Angeles.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20165441/los-angeles-chargers-get-qb-cardale-jones-trade-buffalo-bills

He was certainly exciting when he played for OSU. Hopefully he can do that if he gets any playing time for the Chargers.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Chargers trade for Cardale Jones 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 am

bwgood77 wrote:
The Los Angeles Chargers have acquired Bills second-year quarterback Cardale Jones in a trade that sends a conditional draft pick back to Buffalo. A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter the draft pick is conditional for the seventh round.

The Ohio State product is familiar with new Chargers coach Anthony Lynn, as Lynn served as Buffalo's interim head coach at the end of last season. Jones also is joining ex-Buckeyes teammates Joey Bosa and Joshua Perry in Los Angeles.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20165441/los-angeles-chargers-get-qb-cardale-jones-trade-buffalo-bills

He was certainly exciting when he played for OSU. Hopefully he can do that if he gets any playing time for the Chargers.

If he gets any playing time for the Chargers this season it means your team is probably screwed.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#3 » by Mich3006 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

RG III or Kap would´ve been a better choice...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

If he gets any playing time for the Chargers this season it means your team is probably screwed.

Hey, last time I saw him play he took over for a team, without having much experience, and promptly won the national championship with ease. I expect he will do the same in the nfl and the super bowl, if push comes to shove.

Yes, I'm joking.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Hey, last time I saw him play he took over for a team, without having much experience, and promptly won the national championship with ease. I expect he will do the same in the nfl and the super bowl, if push comes to shove.

Yes, I'm joking.

We can all dream...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#6 » by bleu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:18 am

He seems very exciting to go to a team that actually wants him, I'm rooting for him and hope we get to see some of the explosiveness he played with in college.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#7 » by El Turco » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yes, I'm joking.

he had like 15 nfl players on that osu team, half being early round picks
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:42 pm

Arda K wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Yes, I'm joking.

he had like 15 nfl players on that osu team, half being early round picks

Did Bama lack NFL players that year? Of course his team steamrolled Wisconsin.

But I know OSU QBs rarely have to do much, and not many end up NFL quality QBs, so I am not really expecting much, if he ever does play.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#9 » by El Turco » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:08 am

Bama always have talent but osu of those 2 years had unparalleled talent even in powerhouse standards, probably only early 2000s miami teams come close
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#10 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:20 pm

He's not a urban Meyer QB. So that's good. He was recruited by coaching staff before Meyer. I don't even like Alex Smith. Anyhow, he has a gun. He is very mobile. But cant read defenses. No serious NFL experience. Cant say if he's ever going to figure it out. So he has lots of room for improvement. But maybe some time under Phillip will do the trick.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to The General NFL Board