NFL Picks Against the Spread Competition Discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Re: NFL Picks Against the Spread Competition 

Post#21 » by Throwback24 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:18 pm

The entire fate of a board rests on my back and I have to put the team on my back. I messed up down the stretch last year thanks to some tinder shenanigans and late nights out, but never again. I am a man of the cloth now
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#22 » by Wo1verine » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:00 pm

Throwback24 wrote:The entire fate of a board rests on my back and I have to put the team on my back. I messed up down the stretch last year thanks to some tinder shenanigans and late nights out, but never again. I am a man of the cloth now

Bro, i am expecting big things from you - Don't let us down!
BrunoSkull
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#23 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 1:38 pm

Wo1verine wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:The entire fate of a board rests on my back and I have to put the team on my back. I messed up down the stretch last year thanks to some tinder shenanigans and late nights out, but never again. I am a man of the cloth now

Bro, i am expecting big things from you - Don't let us down!

It is crazy, that out of all fanbases here, considering where NFL teams are located, that the Raptors fans dominate the NFL picks. Maybe you guys are just more savvy with picking against the spread. I'd think we'd have some of the other bigger fanbases do well, like fans of the Giants, Packers and Patriots.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: NFL Picks Competition (Beat the Commish) 

Post#24 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 12:16 am

fleet wrote:I know from experience, adding a small prize such as a box of ribs, or steaks, hell even a RealGM t-shirt would increase the intensity through the roof. We did this like 13 years ago at another message board for a box of Carson's ribs, guessing scores of Bulls games. It became life and death. I lost in the finals. :banghead: . Still irks me to this day.

Maybe because we were a close community idk.

I agree, but that's up to the Commish, which is Howard.
Howard Mass wrote:.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#25 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Sep 2, 2017 12:37 am

Mine are picked ! Some tough ones week 1, that Seahawks game was especially hard to pick
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 3:52 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Mine are picked ! Some tough ones week 1, that Seahawks game was especially hard to pick

Good. I think I know which entry you are, but it's good to use your RealGM username for your entry or espn account. It does give you the option to change your espn username if you click on the top left...there is a pencil next to the name and you can change it. This may also change it for fantasy. It helps us see who is doing well and makes it easier to discuss if we know who's entry is who's...plus it keeps your real name out of it.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#27 » by ATL Boy » Sat Sep 2, 2017 4:02 am

This was fun last season. I'm in for it again.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,649

Post#28 » by Howard Mass » Sat Sep 2, 2017 3:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
fleet wrote:I know from experience, adding a small prize such as a box of ribs, or steaks, hell even a RealGM t-shirt would increase the intensity through the roof. We did this like 13 years ago at another message board for a box of Carson's ribs, guessing scores of Bulls games. It became life and death. I lost in the finals. :banghead: . Still irks me to this day.

Maybe because we were a close community idk.

I agree, but that's up to the Commish, which is Howard.
Howard Mass wrote:.

I need to figure this one out.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#29 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Sep 2, 2017 5:14 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Mine are picked ! Some tough ones week 1, that Seahawks game was especially hard to pick

Good. I think I know which entry you are, but it's good to use your RealGM username for your entry or espn account. It does give you the option to change your espn username if you click on the top left...there is a pencil next to the name and you can change it. This may also change it for fantasy. It helps us see who is doing well and makes it easier to discuss if we know who's entry is who's...plus it keeps your real name out of it.
its changed!
rcc8884
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#30 » by rcc8884 » Mon Sep 4, 2017 11:32 pm

Looks fun I just made my picks
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 5, 2017 11:22 pm

ATL Boy wrote:This was fun last season. I'm in for it again.

Good to have you aboard again.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by ATL Boy » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:53 am

bwgood77 wrote:

I'm having some trouble joining though. When I click "Join Group" it does nothing.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#33 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:42 am

ATL Boy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I'm having some trouble joining though. When I click "Join Group" it does nothing.

Did you finally get in? I see an entry named Smash Hawk and then another one after that. Not sure why it would work if you were signed in and knew the password.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: OT - NFL Picks Against the Spread Competition 

Post#34 » by ATL Boy » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Did you finally get in? I see an entry named Smash Hawk and then another one after that. Not sure why it would work if you were signed in and knew the password.

Still not letting me in. I can join other groups but apparently not the realgm one. There's a join group button but nothing happens when I press it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#35 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:28 am

ATL Boy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:I'm having some trouble joining though. When I click "Join Group" it does nothing.

Still not letting me in. I can join other groups but apparently not the realgm one. There's a join group button but nothing happens when I press it.

OK, I tried using a separate account and after clicking on link in first post it took me to a page that said "Play Now for Free - 2 days away" and I clicked on it and it prompted for password. Once I put password in, I was in. It the also listed other groups I could join.

Now even though I was in, there was still a "Join Group" button, and if you click on it then, it does nothing (because I was already in) and it lists my entry there...it says "My entry" and under Status/Entry it says "Entry is already in this group" (now it says this above and to the left of "Join Group".

Is that not what you see? Did it ever prompt you to put in password? If so, you may already be in group.

The last two entries say "CrookedJ, Smash Hawk" and "espn52945658 1, espn52945658" Are neither of those you?
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by ATL Boy » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:36 am

bwgood77 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

OK, I tried using a separate account and after clicking on link in first post it took me to a page that said "Play Now for Free - 2 days away" and I clicked on it and it prompted for password. Once I put password in, I was in. It the also listed other groups I could join.

Now even though I was in, there was still a "Join Group" button, and if you click on it then, it does nothing (because I was already in) and it lists my entry there...it says "My entry" and under Status/Entry it says "Entry is already in this group" (now it says this above and to the left of "Join Group".

Is that not what you see? Did it ever prompt you to put in password? If so, you may already be in group.

The last two entries say "CrookedJ, Smash Hawk" and "espn52945658 1, espn52945658" Are neither of those you?

Neither of those are me. I'm at the point where I have the "Join Group" button option there, but when I click on it literally nothing happens. I was never prompted to put in a password, though I know that would be the next step. It's all very strange, and in the end there's probably nothing I can do to join.

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#37 » by Mr. E » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:40 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Hell yes, thank you good sirs! Been looking forward to participating in this again after last year, and once again as long as I finish ahead of Mr. E then all is well in the world.

:D

Talk about setting the bar low...
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#38 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 5:13 am

ATL Boy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:Still not letting me in. I can join other groups but apparently not the realgm one. There's a join group button but nothing happens when I press it.

Neither of those are me. I'm at the point where I have the "Join Group" button option there, but when I click on it literally nothing happens. I was never prompted to put in a password, though I know that would be the next step. It's all very strange, and in the end there's probably nothing I can do to join.

That's strange. Two others have even joined since I last posted. I get this:

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 6:45 pm

ATL Boy wrote:It's all very strange, and in the end there's probably nothing I can do to join.

There is an option for me to invite people via email as well if you want to PM me your email address.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by ATL Boy » Wed Sep 6, 2017 8:23 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:It's all very strange, and in the end there's probably nothing I can do to join.

There is an option for me to invite people via email as well if you want to PM me your email address.

Ok. I'll get that to you when I get home tonight

Return to The General NFL Board