Dak Prescott Is Not A One-Hit Wonder

Moderator: bwgood77

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#1 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:26 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725353-dak-prescott-cowboys-season-preview-interview?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

Don't tell the big man in Dallas that he's "arrived" - but don't you dare call him the next Tom Brady either. Inside the making of a Cowboys QB built to last.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Re: Dak Prescott Is Not A One-Hit Wonder 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Dak Prescott Is Not A One-Hit Wonder
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725353-dak-prescott-cowboys-season-preview-interview?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

Don't tell the big man in Dallas that he's "arrived" - but don't you dare call him the next Tom Brady either. Inside the making of a Cowboys QB built to last.

:clap: :bowdown: :wink: :rock: :gossip: :onfire: :rocking:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Sophomore slump incoming! :P

With a harder schedule & the league making adjustments, he will struggle at times. Even with that offensive line. Defenses are going to throw things at him. They play a first place schedule this year. It's unrealistic to think he repeats last years performance.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Sophomore slump incoming! :P

With a harder schedule & the league making adjustments, he will struggle at times. Even with that offensive line. Defenses are going to throw things at him. They play a first place schedule this year. It's unrealistic to think he repeats last years performance.

Only difference between a 1st place and a 4th place schedule is two games. That's it. While with a 16 game schedule that has some significance it isn't enough to really matter.

Schedule is tough. Go play it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 pm

I say bring it on baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#6 » by bmurph128 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:05 pm

He had a great year, but I'm not ready to anoint him yet. Never heard of a better supporting cast for a rookie QB.

Football more than any sport, players can be a product of the guys they play with. I never doubted for a second last year that Dallas wouldn't win a playoff game, and I don't doubt that they'll be around 9 wins this year.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#7 » by Wo1verine » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Cowboy fans going to be wishing they still had Tony Romo by years end :P
BrunoSkull
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#8 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:12 am

With my boy from USC blocking up front. Dak will be fine
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:11 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:With my boy from USC blocking up front. Dak will be fine

Hope Tyron can get his back squared away... because Cleary isn't an answer at LT. Dude is a turnstile.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:15 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:With my boy from USC blocking up front. Dak will be fine

Hope Tyron can get his back squared away... because Cleary isn't an answer at LT. Dude is a turnstile.

You noticed that to? We could use a little depth on the O-line from what I am seeing so far.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:36 pm

He reminds me more of Staubach and Montana to be honest. Plus we don't want to compare Dak with a QB and organization that has been accused of cheating over the past few years.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

He reminds me more of Staubach and Montana to be honest. Plus we don't want to compare Dak with a QB and organization that has been accused of cheating over the past few years.

Glad someone other than me sees some of those Staubachian traits... And I say that with no intention of putting him on THAT mantle yet. But - there are moments...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 5, 2017 9:03 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Glad someone other than me sees some of those Staubachian traits... And I say that with no intention of putting him on THAT mantle yet. But - there are moments...

When you really watch Dak from last year and look at some of the film, you can see a lot of the same mannerisms that Montana had to be honest.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#14 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:22 am

Hopefully not he's my fanstay qb!

Return to The General NFL Board