Week 2 Matchups and Games Discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Re: Week 2 Matchups and Games Discussion 

Post#361 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 pm

FNQ wrote:I think there are some obvious places to save money that they can use next year: Bennett, Graham, Richardson, Joeckel, Avril, Lacy.. and at some point they should part with Sherman to boot. The saving grace of the Seahawks has been their top 3 DBs, their elite ILB, and their ability to pressure the QB. The problem is, there hasnt been much in the way of cheap replacements the past few years. Sherman and Chancellor are 29. Bennett and Avril are 31. Thomas and KJ Wright are 28. And the Hawks just dont seem to have capable replacements waiting in the wings for anyone.. in addition to missing on their day 1-2 picks often enough for them to now have pronounced holes on their roster.

Graham, Lacy & Joeckel are FA's next year. The Graham & Percy Harvin trades were an obvious mistake. They've drafted lineman, but they decided to let me them leave in free agency (Okung, Caprenter). Which was another mistake. They've done a good job of drafting for the most part. They just can't seem to identify good lineman. Their 1st round pick last year (Germain Ifedi) has been moved around & struggled because of it. Tom Cable is partly to blame. They've had the youngest offensive line the last 2-3 years.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,414

Post#362 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:We're a team that will win at home, thanks to our home-field advantage. Finish 8-0 or 7-1. Worst case 6-2.

Will struggle on the road. Lose a couple of games, we shouldn't (Because our offense won't do ****!) Finish with a 2-6 or 3-5 road record. Win 9 or 10 games overall & this crap-fest division. Then host a playoff game & lose in the divisional round. It's the same pattern & outcome as the last two years. Because not much has changed. :roll:

Yeah, the way you dominated SF at home REALLY showed off their home field advantage. 6-2 AT WORST.

Seriously though, Seattle ALWAYS does this and starts slow and teases everyone. I remember a few years back the Chargers beat them in week 2, then in 2015 they started 0-2 and made the playoffs, then last year they lost to the Rams 9-3 in week two.

It happens every year. They will be like 4-3 and then win like 5 or 6 in a row or something.

Expectations for fans here is Super Bowl or bust, so fans are fed up with the slow starts. If they don't make the playoffs or lose in the wildcard round, fans are gonna want Pete fired. He'll be on the hot seat for sure. Fans have been calling for the Offensive Coordinators head since the end of the SB. Now, Tom Cable is the scapegoat. Pete is too stubborn to make changes. Fans are beginning to see through the raw-raw personality.

So 30 years in the league, and rarely ever getting to the playoffs until getting out of the AFC West, and they win won SB and now all fans are SB or bust?

It's interesting the way fans view a team that is doing well. People complained about Marty Schottenheimer when he was 14-2 because they lost in the playoffs and he got fired to pave the way for the Chargers to hire Norv Turner, then Mike McCoy and now Anthony Lynn and slowly morph into a team and fanbase that expects to blow it every week.

Did you like Holmgren better?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#363 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:So 30 years in the league, and rarely ever getting to the playoffs until getting out of the AFC West, and they win one SB and now all fans are SB or bust?

Pretty much!

bwgood77 wrote:It's interesting the way fans view a team that is doing well. People complained about Marty Schottenheimer when he was 14-2 because they lost in the playoffs and he got fired to pave the way for the Chargers to hire Norv Turner, then Mike McCoy and now Anthony Lynn and slowly morph into a team and fanbase that expects to blow it every week.

Did you like Holmgren better?

Holmgren had his faults as well. Unless Bill Belichick is your coach & Tom Brady is your QB, your likely to complain about something. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#364 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:38 pm

It also doesn't help when you have a glaring weakness & the coaches/organization kind of ignore it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#365 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Graham, Lacy & Joeckel are FA's next year. The Graham & Percy Harvin trades were an obvious mistake. They've drafted lineman, but they decided to let me them leave in free agency (Okung, Caprenter). Which was another mistake. They've done a good job of drafting for the most part. They just can't seem to identify good lineman. Their 1st round pick last year (Germain Ifedi) has been moved around & struggled because of it. Tom Cable is partly to blame. They've had the youngest offensive line the last 3-4 years.

I think lately, they haven't. Look at their drafts since 2013:

Richardson, Lockett, Clark, Prosise, and I guess Carson of this past year, are the only ones who look like regular contributors (positively, anyways). Jarran Reed a bit too, I guess. But out of 3 years of drafting (not including 2017 draft), 35 picks.. they come away with 5 rotational players? Seems really light - though Clark is a rotational edge rusher which is actually a great value pick.

But that's the issue - the Hawks have just drafted very poorly the past 5 years. Not since 2012 (Irvin, Wagner, Russell, Lane) or 2011 (Carpenter, Wright, Sherman, Maxwell, M. Smith) or even 2010 (Okung, Thomas, Tate, Chancellor) have they drafted well, and those were the 3 years that built the franchise up insanely quickly. Now.. they have coasted on those 3 drafts and are really looking like their window will be closing, unless the 2017 draft hits big time or they do well in 2018.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#366 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:01 pm

FNQ wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Graham, Lacy & Joeckel are FA's next year. The Graham & Percy Harvin trades were an obvious mistake. They've drafted lineman, but they decided to let me them leave in free agency (Okung, Caprenter). Which was another mistake. They've done a good job of drafting for the most part. They just can't seem to identify good lineman. Their 1st round pick last year (Germain Ifedi) has been moved around & struggled because of it. Tom Cable is partly to blame. They've had the youngest offensive line the last 3-4 years.

I think lately, they haven't. Look at their drafts since 2013:

Richardson, Lockett, Clark, Prosise, and I guess Carson of this past year, are the only ones who look like regular contributors (positively, anyways). Jarran Reed a bit too, I guess. But out of 3 years of drafting (not including 2017 draft), 35 picks.. they come away with 5 rotational players? Seems really light - though Clark is a rotational edge rusher which is actually a great value pick.

But that's the issue - the Hawks have just drafted very poorly the past 5 years. Not since 2012 (Irvin, Wagner, Russell, Lane) or 2011 (Carpenter, Wright, Sherman, Maxwell, M. Smith) or even 2010 (Okung, Thomas, Tate, Chancellor) have they drafted well, and those were the 3 years that built the franchise up insanely quickly. Now.. they have coasted on those 3 drafts and are really looking like their window will be closing, unless the 2017 draft hits big time or they do well in 2018.

2013 wasn't good at all. That goes for that draft in general. Very poor. 2014, they hit on a couple of guys (Britt & Richardson), but also not too great. 2015 & 16 were better for the most part. But, clearly not as good as 2010-2012. Pete likely had more connection to those earlier drafts from his time at SC. Fair to say.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,351

Post#367 » by Revived » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 pm

I don't get it...why hasn't Carroll fired Tom Cable yet if their O line sucks so much for several years now.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#368 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Revived wrote:I don't get it...why hasn't Carroll fired Tom Cable yet if their O line sucks so much for several years now.

He's afraid Tommy Boy would punch him!? :dontknow:

Cable has the reputation of being a very good O-line coach. It's misguided.

Pete has proven to be too damn loyal to his assistants. Cable has been with the team since he was fired from the Raiders. His offensive lines have never been great. Near the bottom every year in regards to Pass-Pro ranking. Marshawn is such a great back, that Cable got too much credit. But, Wilson has always had to run for his life for the most part. This was the case even during the SB years. :(
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#369 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:07 am

Revived wrote:I don't get it...why hasn't Carroll fired Tom Cable yet if their O line sucks so much for several years now.

Probably because even Pete knows you can't polish a turd. He's aware of what Cable has to work with.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Post#370 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 am

Well, personally, I'd like to make some changes in Dallas.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#371 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:31 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, personally, I'd like to make some changes in Dallas.

I would take Jason Garrett or Scott Linehan as my OC.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#372 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

You sure about that? :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#373 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Over ours!? In a heartbeat!! :lol:

Wanna trade? :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#374 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:36 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I would take Jason Garrett or Scott Linehan as my OC.

Are we talking the Cowboys here? Not sure if I know them.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#375 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:37 am

Breathe.

Repeat.

It's going to be OK.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#376 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:39 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You sure about that? :lol:

Are we talking the Cowboys here? Not sure if I know them.

Garrett may not be the greatest head coach, but he'd be a decent OC. Same goes for Linehan.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#377 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:39 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

Well - I speak for the majority of Cowboys fans in saying we don't want Darrell Bevell. You're gonna have to just suck it up sunshine.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#378 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:40 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Breathe.

Repeat.

It's going to be OK.

Sorry Otis, but I did not see the Cowboys play yesterday. Except for Jason Witten, Nobody showed up including the coaching staff.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#379 » by dr3am » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:40 am

Bad Eli has returned.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#380 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Well - I speak for the majority of Cowboys fans in saying we don't want Darrell Bevell. You're gonna have to just suck it up sunshine.

:lol: :cry: :banghead:

Return to The General NFL Board